Thalassemia Treatment Cost In United Arab EmiratesChat
What is Thalassemia?
Thalassemia is a blood disorder caused by having less haemoglobin than the required amount.
How is the Procedure Performed?
In mild cases, Thalassemia may require medications such as vitamins and iron inducer. In severe cases, the treatment includes blood transfusions or bone marrow transplant.
Who is the Right Doctor for Thalassemia Treatment?
The right doctor to consult for treating Thalassemia is Hematologist who specializes in treating blood disorders.
Doctors consider blood tests including complete blood count test and special haemoglobin test for diagnosing Thalassemia.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The overall Thalassemia-free survival rate lies between 85-90 percent.
Facial bone deformities, dark colored urine, prolonged growth & development, tiredness, fatigue, yellow or pale skin are certain signs and symptoms that may suggest a person may have Thalassemia.
The cost of Thalassemia treatment includes the following:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost (Blood tests, hemoglobin electrophoresis, etc.)
Treatment options (Chelation therapy, Stem cell therapy, Blood transfusion)
Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or Single room)
The severity of the disease
Post-surgical complication, if it happens (such as delayed hemorrhage or infection)
Cost of Blood products (if required)
An extended stay at the hospital
Cost of accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Thalassemia Treatment in United Arab Emirates
Popular Cities in United-arab-emirates for Thalassemia Treatment are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Thalassemia Treatment in United Arab EmiratesFilter
Showing 21 Hospitals and doctors for Thalassemia Treatment in United Arab Emirates
NMC Speciality Hospital, Al Nadah
- NMC Speciality Hospital, Al Nadah is part of NMC Healthcare which is the largest private healthcare company in the UAE and is one of the leading fertility service providers in the world.
- Being a multi-speciality hospital it aims to provide the best healthcare facility and services to the people of Dubai and the Northern Emirates.
- It has 52 specialities including Orthopaedic, Spine and Joint Surgery, Advance & Minimally Invasive Surgery, Ayurveda, Podiatry, Lactation Services, Speech Therapy etc.
- The Hospital has a well-equipped laboratory and state of the art equipment.
- The hospital serves as the referral centre of choice for smaller medical centres and clinics in Dubai and surrounding areas.
- The in-house pharmacy is open 24 hours every day of the week and Specialist doctors are available for consultation and treatment round-the-clock.
- NMC Healthcare has won several awards and recognitions such as Gold Stevie Award 2016, Superbrands 2016-2017, Sheikh Khalifa Excellence Award 2016-2017 to name a few.
- It has an International patients Centre that is a dedicated team of internationally trained and certified medical experts, assisted by trained nurses and paramedics who are known for their high-standard and quality care.
- It has tie-ups with international health insurances such as Allianz, Henner, Inter mutuelles Assistance, Deutsche Assistance etc.
- It is a member of Dubai Health Experience.
- It is accredited by JCI and the Asian Society of Hernia Surgery.
Thumbay Hospital, Dubai
- Thumbay Hospital, Dubai was established in 2015 as a multi-speciality hospital and is one of the five such hospitals of the Thumbay Group.
- Thumbay Hospital, Dubai is a leading choice of patients as it has earned a reputation for offering world-class healthcare to people from across the globe. The hospital boasts of having treated patients from +175 countries and is accredited by the Ministry of Health, UAE, the Medical Tourism Association, Association of Academic Health Centers, the International Hospital Federation and the Asian Hospital Federation among others.
- It has also received the Dubai Quality Appreciation Award, Dubai Human Development & Appreciation Award and Sheikh Khalifa Excellence Award.
- The doctors and medical staff themselves hail from +20 different countries and speak over 50 languages.
- Thumbay Hospital, Dubai is accredited by the International Board of Medicine & Surgery, the International Hospital Federation and the Medical Tourism Association and other bodies too.
- There are +20 specialities at the JCI-accredited hospital.
- The facility has a capacity of 150 beds and has a dedicated Marhaba Lounge which is set up to offer personalised care in less time. This is a dedicated service aimed at minimising time loss and inconvenience of patients. Patients opting for this package are given priority with registration, consultation, examination/diagnosis, surgeries, documentation and billing, thus making the patient's health visit at Thumbay Hospital a pleasant experience.
- Thumbay Hospital, Dubai is equipped with the latest medical equipments such as, Picture Archiving and Communication System for radiology, labs that are accredited by the College of American Pathologists, individual waiting rooms for men and women and category-wise wards as per the budget of the patient.
- The hospital's dedicated medical tourism section offers services to overseas patients by resolving their queries and addressing other concerns.
- The hospital is modern and equipped with Wifi. It is clean, spacious and has shops, ATMs and a lounge area.
Al Zahra Hospital, Dubai
- Al Zahra Hospital, Dubai is one of the pioneering healthcare providers that serves both national and international patients with personalised and evidence-based medical care.
- It is a multispecialty hospital with JCI accreditations. It is also CAP Accredited.
- The physicians are highly-skilled with board certification and accreditation and from different parts of the globe.
- It provides a high standard medical and surgical treatment with state-of-the-art technologies to ensure patients receive world-class care and exceptional comfort.
- It is a choice of destination for people from the GCC, North and West Africa, China and some European countries for preventive, tertiary, and secondary healthcare needs.
- Some of its numerous achievements and awards include Service Olympian Awards, 2017 Stevie Silver Winner on International Business, 2018 Winner of Annual Health Magazine Awards.
- It is a member of the Dubai Health Experience.
- It has a partnership with insurance agencies like NOW Health International, NEXT Care, NAS, Mednet etc
Doctors for Thalassemia Treatment in United Arab Emirates
HematologistSenior Consultant, 20 years of experience
- Dr. Eiman Alkhatib is a Dubai-based Haematologist with 20+ years of experience.
- She has completed her studies at the reputed Damascus University. Her area of expertise lies in treating both benign and malignant blood diseases. She works on the management of blood transfusions and possible complications, bone marrow aspiration, bone biopsies, Sickle cell anemia, Thalassemia, etc.
- Dr. Eiman is a member of the Syrian Association of Oncology and Haematology and the Syrian Medical Association. She is the former chief of Haematology Interns Exams in Syria Board Association.
- Under her credit, there are both national and international publications in accredited indexed journals.
- She is also actively invited as a guest speaker in scientific conferences, sessions, seminars, and worldwide conferences to talk about the management of different types of Anemias.
HematologistConsultant, 14 years of experience
- Dr. Abdel Rahman Labban is a Dubai based Hematologist with 14+ years of experience in the field of Medical Oncology.
- He has completed his graduation and post-graduation from the top universities, followed by a Diploma from the reputed Beirut Arab University and a speciality Diploma in Internal Medicine, Haematology & Medical Oncology, from the prestigious Rafic Hariri University Hospital, Beirut.
- Dr. Abdel later obtained a senior fellowship in Medical Oncology from the Clinique Universitaire Saint Luc, Institut Roi, Belgium. He has worked earlier in Rafic Hariri University Hospital, Advanced Care Oncology Center, Al Zahra Hospital, and Prime Hospital, Dubai.
- The Oncologist is a member of the Lebanese Society of Medical Oncology, Belgian Order of Physicians, European Society of Medical Oncology, American Society of Medical Oncology, American Society of Haematology, Emirates Society of Oncology, & the Lebanese Society for pain management.
- His area of key interests lies in solid tumours, advanced immunotherapy & advanced targeted therapy, treatment of benign haematological conditions like anaemia, thrombocytopenia, immunodeficiency, bleeding disorders, & clotting disorders, Prevention & treatment of side effects, bone marrow biopsy, bone marrow aspiration & pain management, etc.
HematologistConsultant, 15 years of experience
- Dr. Wesam AL-Sakkaf is one of the finest Hematologists, having 15 years of experience.
- He has worked with the National Health Service (NHS) in the United Kingdom and gained extensive training in treating various hematological disorders.
- Qualification of Dr. Wesam includes an MD with distinction from Slovakia, an MSc from the University College of London, a diploma from the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP), and fellowships from the Royal College of Pathologists.
- He has a special interest in hemato-oncology and treats various blood cancers like leukemia, lymphoma, and myeloma.
- Dr. Wasem is also an expert in general hematological disorders like thrombocytopenia, anemia, neutropenia, thalassemia, sickle cell disease, bleeding disorders, hemophilia, and stem cell disorders.
Thalassemia Treatment Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Thalassemia Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Thalassemia is an inherited blood disorder in which the body makes an abnormal form of hemoglobin. Hemoglobin is the protein molecule in red blood cells that carries oxygen. Thalessemia is an inherited disease which means one of your parents will be the carrier of the disease.
Symptoms of thalassemia includes deformity of bone, dark colour urine, delayed growth and development and excessive fatigue, yellow or pale skin.
Thalassemia occurs when there is an abnormality or mutation in one of the genes is seen which is involved in the production of hemoglobin. If one of your parents has thalassemia that you may develop thalassemia minor or you can be a carrier of the disease.
Some of the symptoms of thalassemia consists of frequent infection, pale skin, jaundice, enlarged organs, poor appetite and fussiness.
Some of the tests for diagnosing thalassemia includes complete blood examination, thalassemia patient have few healthy red blood cells and less amount of hemoglobin present in their blood and patient with alpha or beta thalassemia may have smaller number of red blood cells.
Regular blood transfusion is the only treatment option available for thalassemia patients, thalassemia patient can live a normal live. Most of the thalassemia patient requires blood transfusion in every two to four weeks. Regular blood transfusion provide thalassemia patient with red blood cells which are needed for survival, once the red blood cells are broken the body has got extra amount of iron.
In mild to moderate thalassemia frequent blood transfusion is being needed and for more frequent form of thalassemia frequent blood transfusion is being needed. With time blood transfusion causes build up of iron which can damage your heart, liver and other organs.
Till now thalassemia cannot be prevented because it is an inherited blood disorder which is being passed from parents to children but the carriers of this disease can be identified with genetic tests.
Patient with thalassemia will expect to get a normal life and for patient or severe thalassemia have a good chance of long term survival till they follow the treatment plan. Bone marrow transplant can cure thalassemia.
You should avoid eating excess iron, take a healthy diet and stop contaminating yourself from any infection.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Hematologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals