Thalassemia Treatment Cost In ThailandChat
What is Thalassemia?
Thalassemia is a blood disorder caused by having less haemoglobin than the required amount.
How is the Procedure Performed?
In mild cases, Thalassemia may require medications such as vitamins and iron inducer. In severe cases, the treatment includes blood transfusions or bone marrow transplant.
Who is the Right Doctor for Thalassemia Treatment?
The right doctor to consult for treating Thalassemia is Hematologist who specializes in treating blood disorders.
Doctors consider blood tests including complete blood count test and special haemoglobin test for diagnosing Thalassemia.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The overall Thalassemia-free survival rate lies between 85-90 percent.
Facial bone deformities, dark colored urine, prolonged growth & development, tiredness, fatigue, yellow or pale skin are certain signs and symptoms that may suggest a person may have Thalassemia.
The cost of Thalassemia treatment includes the following:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost (Blood tests, hemoglobin electrophoresis, etc.)
Treatment options (Chelation therapy, Stem cell therapy, Blood transfusion)
Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or Single room)
The severity of the disease
Post-surgical complication, if it happens (such as delayed hemorrhage or infection)
Cost of Blood products (if required)
An extended stay at the hospital
Cost of accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Cost related to Thalassemia Treatment in Thailand
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Thalassemia Treatment||USD 19800 to USD 24200|
Thalassemia Treatment in Thailand
Popular Cities in Thailand for Thalassemia Treatment are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Thalassemia Treatment in ThailandFilter
Showing 40 Hospitals and doctors for Thalassemia Treatment in Thailand
- Established in 1972, the Bangkok Hospital is one of the first private hospitals in Thailand; it has now established its reputation as a tertiary care hospital dedicated especially to Cancer and Cardiology.
- It has Centres & Clinics committed to comprehensive treatment in different medical and surgical departments such as Cardiology, Cancer, Orthopaedics & Spine Surgery, Neurology & Neuroscience, Fertility, Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Dentistry, Geriatric, Gastroenterology, Liver, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, and ENT.
- It offers several Health Packages on Fertility, Plastic Surgery, Lasik Eye Surgery, Hip & Knee Surgery, Obesity, Vascular Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery and many more.
- It is equipped with the latest cutting-edge technologies some of which are - the 256-Slice Multi-Detector CT Scan, Cardiovascular MRI, the first Cartosound in Thailand, LINAC, the ARTIS Pheno machine, PET/CT Scan, and a New X-RAY Biplane Imaging (EOS).
- Having the ultimate "Hybrid Operating Room Full Function", enables the hospital to improve accuracy making it a leader in heart surgery.
- The Hospital has been awarded various accreditations by the Joint Commission International (JCI) in Programmes such as Traumatic Brain Injury, Total Knee Replacement, Acute Coronary Syndrome, Primary Stroke, Low Back Pain, Diabetes Type 2, Breast Cancer Conserving, and Heart Failure.
- It has also received the Hospital Accreditation of Thailand, Asian Hospital Management Award, Global Health Asia-Pacific Awards, and a Dual Medical Transport Accreditation i.e CAMTS USA and CAMTS GLOBAL.
- It provides International Medical Services for foreign patients by assisting them in language translations, special diets, accommodation, liaising with embassies or organisations, and free medical consultations via internet.
Bumrungrad International Hospital, Bangkok
- Established on 17 September 1980, the Bumrungrad International Hospital, Bangkok is a global pioneer in giving the best international standard healthcare services and one of the largest private multi-speciality hospitals in South East Asia with patients coming from over 190 countries annually.
- It is a one-stop healthcare destination for all types of patients with the ability to handle complex care needs.
- It practices a one-price policy for all patients regardless of whether they are local or international patients ensuring the principle value of "care for the people."
- It is a tertiary care hospital having over 45 Centres and Clinics namely, Arrhythmia Centre, Breast Centre, Bumrungrad Robotic Surgery Centre, Children's (Paediatric) Centre, Diagnostic Radiology & Nuclear Medicine, Digestive Disease (GI) Centre, Fertility Centre & IVF Clinic, Heart (Cardiology) Centre, Orthopaedic Centre, Plastic (Cosmetic) Surgery Centre, Spine Institute and many more.
- It is the only hospital in Thailand using next-generation sequencing (NGS) technology.
- It offers many Health Packages under various departments like Mammogram and Breast Ultrasound packages, Arthroscopic Knee Surgery Packages, and Heart Disease Screening packages to mention a few.
- Being a leader in innovative patient services and medical technologies, it utilises state-of-the-art technologies like CardioInsight, a non-invasive diagnostics technology for diagnosing heart arrhythmias - the only active centre in the Asia Pacific.
- It was also the first IBM Watson - a machine-learning AI for Oncology sites in the world, enabling doctors and specialists to analyse patients' data against traditional means by a quicker and most accurate treatment possible.
- The Bumrungrad Robotic Surgery Centre uses the MAKOplasty©, Mazor X and the da Vinci System having better consistency, accuracy, and faster recovery with less invasiveness in joint, spine, and cancer surgeries.
- It is the first private hospital in Thailand to be accredited by the Healthcare Accreditation Institute, the first private hospital in Thailand to be awarded the Thailand Quality Class Award for organizational excellence, the first hospital to receive the award for Excellence in Health Tourism, receives Advanced Hospital Accreditation by the Healthcare Accreditation Institute of Thailand, and the first hospital in Asia to accredited The College of American Pathologists.
- The Hospital is JCI accredited since 2002, the first hospital in Asia to be DNV GL MIR Certified for Infection Risk in 2017, and the first non-USA hospital to receive the Global Healthcare Accreditation with Excellence designation from GHA - a reflection of the highest international quality and safety standards for overseas patients going to the hospital for treatment and care.
- It was listed as the best hospitals in Thailand for 2 consecutive years and one of the top 150 hospitals in the world in 2022.
- It has over 200 interpreters for patients whose language of communication is not English.
Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital, Bangkok
- Established in 1979, Samitivej Hospital is one of the leading private hospital groups in Thailand and SEA and is accredited by JCI.
- It is the first Hospital outside Japan to be accredited with the Japan Council for Quality Health Care (JCQHC) award.
- Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital is part of the seven private hospitals owned by the Bangkok Dusit Medical Services (BDMS), a leading and trusted private healthcare service provider in Thailand and ASEAN countries.
- It is a 275-bed tertiary care hospital with more than 40 Speciality Centres, namely, the Liver & Digestive Institute, Women's Health Centre including Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Bone, Joint, and Spine Centre, Surgery Clinic, Heart Institute, Bone Marrow & Stem Cell Transplantation Centre, Breast Centre, Fertility Centre, Hair Restoration Medical centre, Knee Health Centre, Neurology Centre, Oncology Centre to mention a few.
- Moreover, there is a Children's Hospital that is dedicated to comprehensive Paediatric care covering Newborns, GI, Oncology, Orthopaedics, Oncology, and others. It is the first private children's hospital in Thailand.
- In 1998, it was certified by UNICEF, WHO, the Department of Health, and the Ministry of Public Health, as a mother and baby-friendly hospital.
- It is one of the favourite medical destinations for both the nationals and expats, along with tourists from around the world providing international quality services and facilities. It was awarded the Top 5 World's Best Hospital for Medical Tourism for 2018 by the Medical Travel Quality Alliance.
- It has been a recipient of many awards, namely, Hospital of the Year by the Thailand Healthcare Asia Awards 2020, The Model Private Hospital Award 2020 for being the top private hospital for academic activity in Thailand, and Best Corporate Hospital Award 2019.
- It was also awarded Thailand's Prime Minister Award for the Most Recognized Service in 2004.
- The hospital is equipped with cutting-edge technologies to diagnose and treat patients with accuracy through a Magnetic Resonance Imaging machine (MRI), 640-slice CT scanner with less radiation, Mammogram, Bone Mineral Density (BMD) analysis, Lower abdominal Ultrasound for Men (Testicle Ultrasound), Cranial Ultrasound for infant, Intravenous Pyelography (IVP) and many more.
- It has a team that assists international patients from finding the right doctor to aftercare at home.
Doctors for Thalassemia Treatment in Thailand
HematologistConsultant, 12 years of experience
- Dr. Piya Rujkijyanont is one of the famous Hematology oncologists in Thailand. with experience of 12 years.
- His expertise is Pediatric Oncology and Pediatric Bone Marrow Transplantation
- The doctor completed M.D ( First class honours), Faculty of Medicine, from Pramongkutklao Hospital, Mahidol University, Thailand, in 2001 and Diplomate of the American Subboard of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, in 2013.
- He also did a fellowship in Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, from The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada and St.Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Tennessee, USA
- Dr. Piya has been associated with many hospitals over the course of his illustrious and experienced career.
- His various research articles and papers were submitted in international and national journals.
Assoc. Prof. Col. Dr. Wichean Mongkonsritragoon
HematologistConsultant, 37 years of experience
- Assoc. Prof. Col. Dr. Wichean Mongkonsritragoon is one of the renowned Hematologist-Oncologist specializing in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of blood diseases and cancers.
- He has 37 years of rich experience in his field.
- His specialization lies in stem cell transplantation and hematologic malignancy.
- After completing his M.D., Faculty of Medicine from Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, Thailand, in 1985, he did a Diploma of The Thai Board of Hematology, in 1990.
- He also gained a Fellowship in Anatomic / Clinic Pathology from Mayo Clinic Rochester, Minnesota, USA, in 1997.
- He speaks English and Thai.
Assoc. Prof. Vichien Srimuninnimit
HematologistAssociate Professor, 30 years of experience
- Dr. Vichien Srimuninnimit is one of the best oncologists and hematologists having 30+ years of experience in this field.
- He is dexterous in diagnosing and treating cancers in adults using chemo, hormonal, biological, and targeted therapies.
- His area of expertise is medical oncology.
- His articles and papers are published in Journals of reputed importance.
- He held the post of President of Thai Society of Clinical Oncology
- He was appointed as Clinical Fellow (Medical Oncology), 1991 and Clinical Research fellow (Medical Oncology) at MD Anderson Cancer Centre and Medical College of Virginia, USA, respectively.
- He pursued MD (First class) and FRCP (Board of Internal Medicine), from the Faculty of Medicine, Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Thailand, in 1982 and 1987, respectively.
Thalassemia Treatment Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Thalassemia Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Thalassemia is an inherited blood disorder in which the body makes an abnormal form of hemoglobin. Hemoglobin is the protein molecule in red blood cells that carries oxygen. Thalessemia is an inherited disease which means one of your parents will be the carrier of the disease.
Symptoms of thalassemia includes deformity of bone, dark colour urine, delayed growth and development and excessive fatigue, yellow or pale skin.
Thalassemia occurs when there is an abnormality or mutation in one of the genes is seen which is involved in the production of hemoglobin. If one of your parents has thalassemia that you may develop thalassemia minor or you can be a carrier of the disease.
Some of the symptoms of thalassemia consists of frequent infection, pale skin, jaundice, enlarged organs, poor appetite and fussiness.
Some of the tests for diagnosing thalassemia includes complete blood examination, thalassemia patient have few healthy red blood cells and less amount of hemoglobin present in their blood and patient with alpha or beta thalassemia may have smaller number of red blood cells.
Regular blood transfusion is the only treatment option available for thalassemia patients, thalassemia patient can live a normal live. Most of the thalassemia patient requires blood transfusion in every two to four weeks. Regular blood transfusion provide thalassemia patient with red blood cells which are needed for survival, once the red blood cells are broken the body has got extra amount of iron.
In mild to moderate thalassemia frequent blood transfusion is being needed and for more frequent form of thalassemia frequent blood transfusion is being needed. With time blood transfusion causes build up of iron which can damage your heart, liver and other organs.
Till now thalassemia cannot be prevented because it is an inherited blood disorder which is being passed from parents to children but the carriers of this disease can be identified with genetic tests.
Patient with thalassemia will expect to get a normal life and for patient or severe thalassemia have a good chance of long term survival till they follow the treatment plan. Bone marrow transplant can cure thalassemia.
You should avoid eating excess iron, take a healthy diet and stop contaminating yourself from any infection.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Hematologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Thalassemia
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Thalassemia in other countries, compared to Thailand?
Approximate price of Thalassemia in other countries compared to Thailand is:
- India, USD 17600 to USD 26400, approximately 0% higher than Thailand
- Turkey, USD 48000 to USD 72000, approximately 173% higher than Thailand
- Israel, USD 160000 to USD 240000, approximately 809% higher than Thailand
- Singapore, USD 160000 to USD 240000, approximately 809% higher than Thailand
- Malaysia, USD 35200 to USD 52800, approximately 100% higher than Thailand