Thalassemia Treatment Cost In IndiaChat
What is Thalassemia?
Thalassemia is a blood disorder caused by having less haemoglobin than the required amount.
How is the Procedure Performed?
In mild cases, Thalassemia may require medications such as vitamins and iron inducer. In severe cases, the treatment includes blood transfusions or bone marrow transplant.
Who is the Right Doctor for Thalassemia Treatment?
The right doctor to consult for treating Thalassemia is Hematologist who specializes in treating blood disorders.
Doctors consider blood tests including complete blood count test and special haemoglobin test for diagnosing Thalassemia.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The overall Thalassemia-free survival rate lies between 85-90 percent.
Facial bone deformities, dark colored urine, prolonged growth & development, tiredness, fatigue, yellow or pale skin are certain signs and symptoms that may suggest a person may have Thalassemia.
The cost of Thalassemia treatment includes the following:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost (Blood tests, hemoglobin electrophoresis, etc.)
Treatment options (Chelation therapy, Stem cell therapy, Blood transfusion)
Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or Single room)
The severity of the disease
Post-surgical complication, if it happens (such as delayed hemorrhage or infection)
Cost of Blood products (if required)
An extended stay at the hospital
Cost of accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Cost related to Thalassemia Treatment in India
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Thalassemia Treatment||Rs.976800 to Rs.1302400|
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Thalassemia Treatment in IndiaFilter
Showing 126 Hospitals and doctors for Thalassemia Treatment in India
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
The hematology department of the hospital is counted amongst the top 10 hematology hospital in India, well-equipped with state-of-the-art techniques for non-invasive vascular testing, diagnostic angiography, and endovascular therapeutic procedures.
A distinct section harnessed with the current technologies is dedicated entirely to the Bone Marrow Transplant procedures.
Dr. Manas Kalra is a pediatric hematologist and oncologist with more than 13 years of experience working with the hospital.
Dr. Kalra specializes in doing bone marrow transplants and in the management of cancer in children.
Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon
The hospital has completed nearly 120 bone marrow transplants in one year.
This is also one of the largest centers for the treatment of multiple sclerosis, sickle cell, and aplastic anemia treatment by following the Global standard of infection control practices.
Counted as one of the very few centers for doing matched unrelated donor transplant for thalassemia.
The unit is also known for treating patients from 18 different countries and for being the first India hospital to BMT transplant from Trinidad & Tobago.
Several hematological disorders such as anemia, sickle cell disease, immune deficiency disorders, autoimmune disorders, multiple myeloma, clotting disorders, bleeding disorders and many more.
Dr. Rahul Bhargava, one of the topmost hematologists in India having completed more than 400 stem cell transplants so far.
Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai
- Established in 1983, one of the best hospitals for heart care in India.
- First Indian hospital to introduce techniques in coronary angioplasty, stereotactic radiotherapy and radio-surgery (for brain tumours).
- Major specialties includes Heart, Cancer, Bones, Joints & Spine, Organ Transplants, Neurology, Gastro & Colorectal, Bariatric Surgery, Gynaecology & Infertility and Ophthalmology.
- First Indian hospital to be awarded the IS0 9001 and ISO 14001 certifications.
- First hospital in South India to be accredited by the Joint Commission International USA and subsequently reaccredited 4 times.
- Declared as the 'Centre of Excellence' by the Government of India.
- Voted several times as the "Best Private Sector Hospital in India" by The Week magazine.
- Bagged the top 2 positions in the All India Multispecialty Hospital Survey 2016 conducted by Times Health.
- NABH and JCI Accredited
Doctors for Thalassemia Treatment in India
HematologistSenior Consultant, 19 years of experience
- Dr. Rahul Bhargava is one of the best Hemato Oncology & Bone Marrow Transplant Surgeons in India.
- He has been practicing for the past 19 years an is trained in treating Castleman Disease.
- He has done close to 1000 bone marrow transplants which are record-breaking in North India.
- Brings along with him an International experience; worked in Vancouver, Canada where he specifically trained in Umbilical cord transplant.
- Member of various prestigious organizations, American Society of Bone Marrow Transplant, American Society of Paediatric Hemato-Oncology, International Society of Paediatric Oncology to name a few.
- He has completed his MBBS & MD from Christian Medical College in Vellore, India. Following which he pursued his DM (Hematology) from the renowned All India Institute of Medical Sciences.
- He can be followed at LinkedIn https://in.linkedin.com/in/dr-rahul-bhargava-76927218.
Cost of consultation for Thalassemia Treatment with Dr. Rahul Bhargava starts from INR 1200.
HematologistConsultant, 14 years of experience
- Dr. Pawan Kumar Singh is among the best Hematologic Oncologists and Bone Marrow Transplant Surgeons with 9+ years of experience.
- Interests are hematopoietic BMT in both malignant & Non-malignant hematologic disorders (especially Thalassemia & Aplastic Anemia)
- Has performed more than 300 bone marrow transplants for both malignant and non-malignant blood disorders including aplastic anemia and thalassemia.
- Dr. Singh has done successful Haplo BMT for SCID in an 8-month-old child.
- He has established BMT UNIT at Jaypee hospital for MUD transplant and got PBSC products from national (Datri) and international registry (DKMS).
HematologistConsultant, 23 years of experience
- Dr. Chezhian Subash is one of the top Hematologists with experience of more than 23 years.
- He is proficient in offering treatment for Haematological Oncology, Myelomas and Lymphoma and carries out Bone Marrow Transplantation- Alternate Donor Transplant and Mismatched Transplants.
- He is also renowned for offering treatment for General Haematology, Laboratory Haematology, and dealing Haemato-pathology and Transfusion Medicine.
- He is the recipient of several awards that include: Dr. K.C. Paul Prize for proficiency in Clinical Medicine in 1994 and Maharaja of Cochin prize for proficiency in Physiology in 1991.
- The doctor is an Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer for Hull York Medical School.
- Besides, he has taught many House Officers and Senior House Officers along with many undergraduate students.
- He is a member of numerous prestigious associations such as the Royal College of Pathologists, Royal College of Physicians of London, and the British Society for Haematology.
Cost of consultation for Thalassemia Treatment with Dr. Chezhian Subash starts from INR 800.
Thalassemia Treatment Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Thalassemia Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Thalassemia is an inherited blood disorder in which the body makes an abnormal form of hemoglobin. Hemoglobin is the protein molecule in red blood cells that carries oxygen. Thalessemia is an inherited disease which means one of your parents will be the carrier of the disease.
Symptoms of thalassemia includes deformity of bone, dark colour urine, delayed growth and development and excessive fatigue, yellow or pale skin.
Thalassemia occurs when there is an abnormality or mutation in one of the genes is seen which is involved in the production of hemoglobin. If one of your parents has thalassemia that you may develop thalassemia minor or you can be a carrier of the disease.
Some of the symptoms of thalassemia consists of frequent infection, pale skin, jaundice, enlarged organs, poor appetite and fussiness.
Some of the tests for diagnosing thalassemia includes complete blood examination, thalassemia patient have few healthy red blood cells and less amount of hemoglobin present in their blood and patient with alpha or beta thalassemia may have smaller number of red blood cells.
Regular blood transfusion is the only treatment option available for thalassemia patients, thalassemia patient can live a normal live. Most of the thalassemia patient requires blood transfusion in every two to four weeks. Regular blood transfusion provide thalassemia patient with red blood cells which are needed for survival, once the red blood cells are broken the body has got extra amount of iron.
In mild to moderate thalassemia frequent blood transfusion is being needed and for more frequent form of thalassemia frequent blood transfusion is being needed. With time blood transfusion causes build up of iron which can damage your heart, liver and other organs.
Till now thalassemia cannot be prevented because it is an inherited blood disorder which is being passed from parents to children but the carriers of this disease can be identified with genetic tests.
Patient with thalassemia will expect to get a normal life and for patient or severe thalassemia have a good chance of long term survival till they follow the treatment plan. Bone marrow transplant can cure thalassemia.
You should avoid eating excess iron, take a healthy diet and stop contaminating yourself from any infection.
How much does Thalassemia cost in different cities in India?
The price for Thalassemia in different cities in India is approximately in the range of:
- New Delhi: Rs.825396 to Rs.1291004
- Gurgaon: Rs.846560 to Rs.1269840
- Noida: Rs.793650 to Rs.1322750
- Chennai: Rs.846560 to Rs.1216930
- Mumbai: Rs.867724 to Rs.1291004
- Bangalore: Rs.825396 to Rs.1248676
- Kolkata: Rs.793650 to Rs.1195766
- Jaipur: Rs.740740 to Rs.1185184
- Mohali: Rs.761904 to Rs.1798940
- Ahmedabad: Rs.708994 to Rs.1174602
- Hyderabad: Rs.814814 to Rs.1238094
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Hematologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Thalassemia
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Thalassemia in other countries, compared to India?
Approximate price of Thalassemia in other countries compared to India is:
- Turkey, USD 48000 to USD 72000, approximately 173% higher than India
- Thailand, USD 17600 to USD 26400, approximately 0% higher than India
- Israel, USD 160000 to USD 240000, approximately 809% higher than India
- Singapore, USD 160000 to USD 240000, approximately 809% higher than India
- Malaysia, USD 35200 to USD 52800, approximately 100% higher than India