Sports Related Injuries Treatment Cost In MalaysiaChat
What is Sports Related Injuries?
Sports Injuries are the ones that can happen during regular exercise or while playing a sport and the most common are theTennis or Golf Elbow, Hamstring Strain, Sciatica, Groin Pull, Concussion, ACL Tear, etc.
How is the Procedure Performed?
For Sports-related injuries, RICE is followed, which means, Rest the injury, Icing the injury once every hour for 20 minutes, Compressing the injury by wrapping it with an ace bandage, and elevating the injury above the heart to decrease blood flow and reduce swelling.
Who is the Right Doctor for Sports Related Injuries Treatment?
The right doctor to consult for Sports-Related Injuries is an Orthopedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon.
Sports related injuries can be detected by Magnetic resonance imaging, which is used for diagnostic imaging of muscle injuries, joint damage, sprains, fractures, and head injuries sustained during sports and with the help of an Ultrasound, which is useful for assessing tendon damage.
Cost related to Sports Related Injuries Treatment in Malaysia
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|ACL Reconstruction||USD 4950 to USD 6050|
Sports Related Injuries Treatment in Malaysia
Popular Cities in Malaysia for Sports Related Injuries Treatment are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Sports Related Injuries Treatment in MalaysiaFilter
Showing 22 Hospitals and doctors for Sports Related Injuries Treatment in Malaysia
Gleneagles Hospital, Kuala Lumpur
- Gleneagles Hospital, Kuala Lumpur is one of the leading hospitals in Malaysia accredited by the Joint Commission International (JCI), the highest international quality accreditation in terms of patient safety and health care services.
- Established in 1996, the hospital is delivering healthcare and excellence for over 25 years.
- The Hospital is particularly known for its Cardiology, Oncology, and Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery.
- It provides comprehensive medical and surgical procedures such as Bariatric Surgery, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, ENT, Hepatobiliary Surgery, Neurosurgery, Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Breast Surgery to mention a few.
- Gleneagles Hospital has one of the most advanced technologies like Gamma Knife and Da Vinci Si Surgery System.
- A well-equipped Imaging Department like Ultrasound Examination, Computed Tomography Scan (C.T. Scan), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Fluoroscopy, Angiography, Non-vascular Interventional Radiology, Mammography, Bone Mineral Densitometry, and General Radiography.
- The Hospital also received several awards namely, the 'International Hospital of the Year,' and 'Highly Commended for Excellence in Customer Service' award from the prestigious International Medical Travel Journal in 2018. It also received the 'Best Health Screening Provider in Asia Pacific' by the Global Health and Travel Awards 2019.
- Several services are provided for international patients such as Visa, flight booking, airport transfer, accommodation, air evacuation & repatriation, doctor referral and appointment, cost estimation, emergency care, and sightseeing.
- KPJ Ampang Puteri Specialist Hospital is a premier hospital that is owned by the KPJ Healthcare Group, one of the leading providers of private healthcare in Malaysia.
- It is a multispecialty hospital that offers 25 medical and surgical procedures including Cardiology & Cardiothoracic, Breast & Endocrine, Neurology/Neurosurgery, Interventional Radiology, Radiotherapy & Oncology, Orthopaedic Surgery, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Obesity/Bariatric Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, and Paediatrics.
- The Hospital is the first in Malaysia to receive full accreditation status by the Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH) for the 6th consecutive 4-year term 2016-2020.
- Besides, it is a Joint Commission International (JCI) accredited Hospital with quality healthcare covering 350 standards from surgical, hygiene, and anaesthesia procedures to medical staff and nurses.
- It is also certified by SIRIM QAS International for ISO 18001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and OHSAS 9001:2007.
- It was awarded "Baby-Friendly Hospital" (BFH) in 2006 by the Ministry of Health.
- The Lloyd's Quality Assurance Ltd for food safety has awarded the Hospital the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) certification.
- Moreover, in 2018 it received Planetree Gold certification from Planetree International for excellence in person-centred care making it one of the first hospitals in South East Asia to receive such honour.
Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur
- Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur is a premier healthcare hospital that has been serving people from all over the world for 47 years.
- It is a one-stop integrated healthcare provider that specialises particularly in Oncology, Cardiology, Neurology and Neurosurgery, Orthopaedics, and Paediatrics.
- Besides this, it has many medical and surgical departments like Gastroenterology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, General Surgery, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Radiology & Interventional Radiology, Urology, Fertility Services – IVF, and Cranio-Facial Surgery.
- It is supported by cutting-edge technologies like Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Computerised Tomography (CT) scan, PET-CT, Mammography, Fluoroscopy, Ultrasound, Image intensifier, Bone densitometry, Orthopantomography and other interventional procedures.
- It has the prestigious JCI accreditation along with a certification by the Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH). It is also a certified Baby-Friendly Hospital.
- The International Patient Centre (IPC) is available to assist international patients from admission to discharge along with airport transfers.
Doctors for Sports Related Injuries Treatment in Malaysia
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement SurgeonSenior Consultant, 28 years of experience
- Dato' Dr Anuar Bin Onah DSIS is a capable Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon in Malaysia with +28 years of expertise.
- He specialises in Orthodontic Rehabilitation, Orthognathic Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, Orthopedic Trauma Surgery, Arthroscopic Knee Surgery, Bone Lengthening and Bone Transport.
- He is a member of the Malaysian Orthopedic Association, the British Orthopedic Association, the Malaysian Medical Council and the Academy of Medicine, Malaysia.
- Dato’ Dr Anuar Bin Onah DSIS earned his MBBS from the University of Malaya, Malaysia in 1983.
- He received his fellowship from the Royal College of Surgeons of Glasgow in the UK in 1992.
- Dato’ Dr Anuar Bin Onah DSIS completed a clinical course in Arthroscopy of the Knee in 1993 at the Hammersmith and Ealing Hospitals of the Royal Postgraduate Medical School in London.
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement SurgeonSenior Consultant, 30 years of experience
- Dr Chan Kin Yuen is a proficient Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon in Malaysia with more than 30 years of experience.
- He focuses on Arthroplasty, Arthroscopic Knee Surgery, Arthroscopy, Bone Grafting, Carpal Tunnel Release, Knee Replacement Surgery and Shoulder Replacement Surgery.
- He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, the Malaysian Orthopedic Association, the British Orthopedic Association, the Malaysian Medical Council and the Academy of Medicine, Malaysia.
- Dr Chan Kin Yuen earned his BMBS (1987) from the University of Nottingham, UK.
- He acquired his M.S. (2000) from the Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Malaysia.
- He received a fellowship from the Royal College of Surgeons of Glasgow, United Kingdom in 1990, as well as a second fellowship in trauma and orthopaedic surgery from the same institution in 1999.
- He received fellowships from Massachusetts General Hospital in the United States and Australia in shoulder and elbow surgery.
- He obtained his CCST (UK) - Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training, United Kingdom, 1999.
- Dr Chan Kin Yuen is the author of several publications and articles.
Dato Dr Vemalanathan Arulanandam DSPJ PJM
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement SurgeonSenior Consultant, 45 years of experience
- With more than 45 years of skills and knowledge, Dato' Dr Vemalanathan Arulanandam DSPJ PJM is a notable Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon in Malaysia.
- Amputations, Arthroscopic knee surgery, Arthroscopy, Carpal tunnel release, Disc replacement surgery, Fracture treatment and surgery, Ganglion cyst removal (ganglionectomy), Head and neck surgery, Hip surgery, Knee arthroplasty revision surgery, Knee replacement surgery (knee arthroplasty), and Rotator cuff repair surgery are among his areas of expertise.
- He is a member of the Malaysian Association for Sports Medicine, the Malaysian Orthopedic Association, the Malaysian Medical Association and the Academy of Medicine, Malaysia.
- Dato’ Dr Vemalanathan Arulanandam DSPJ PJM earned his MBBS (1972) from the University of Madras, India.
- Dato’ Dr Vemalanathan Arulanandam DSPJ PJM received a fellowship from the Royal College of Surgeons of Glasgow, United Kingdom in 1981.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals