Spine Tumour Surgery Cost In United Arab EmiratesChat
What is Spine Tumour Surgery?
Spine Tumour Surgery is performed for the partial or total removal of the Spine Tumor, which consists of removing the portion of the vertebra involved with the tumor.
Spine Fusion may be done to reconstruct and stabilize the spine.
How is the Procedure Performed?
Spinal Tumor surgery involves removing spine tumours and reinforcing the spine through an incision in the middle of your back, followed by En bloc resection.
This surgical technique is used to remove the tumour in a single piece.
Who is the Right Doctor for Spine Tumour Surgery?
The right doctor to consult for Spine Tumour Surgery is a Spine Surgeon along with an Oncologist.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate after Spine Tumour Surgery depends on the nature of cancer, whether benign or malignant and the patient's age.
The cost of Spinal Tumor Surgery includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost may include an MRI scan, CT scan, Biopsy, X-ray, Myelogram, and Discogram.
Surgery cost (Depends upon the type and size of the tumor and the extent to which the tumor has spread)
Post-Operative cost (there might be a need for Chemotherapy or Radiotherapy before or post-surgery)
Patient's hospital stay
Note - Post-surgery patients will have to stay at the hospital for a week or two and later take rehabilitation outside the hospital for 2 to 9 months.
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or Single room)
The stage and type of cancer
Patients may require repeated investigation through PET CT and related tests Post-surgery / Chemotherapy / Radiation Therapy.
Any additional tests may be required, such as ECG or blood tests.
An extended stay at the Hospital (Generally, the stay is for a week)
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident [may take longer duration in case of chemotherapy or radiotherapy sessions]
Help Us With Patient Details
Images Related To Spine Tumour Surgery
Spine Tumor Surgery
Before and after Spine Tumor surgery.
Overview of Spine Tumor surgery.
Types of Spinal Cord tumour.
Spinal Tumor Surgery
Top hospitals and doctors for Spine Tumour Surgery in United Arab EmiratesFilter
Showing 25 Hospitals and doctors for Spine Tumour Surgery in United Arab Emirates
Medeor Hospital 24x7, Dubai
- Medeor 24x7 is a multispeciality hospital based in Dubai, providing the highest level of medical excellence, it was established in 2007, by Dr. Shamsheer Vayalil and is accredited by JCL(Joint Commission International).
- The hospital deals with different specialties such as cardiology, Mother & Child Care, Urology, Gastroenterology, Laparoscopic surgeries, etc. The team comprises skilled general and specialty medical practitioners, nurses, technologists along with personnel having extensive experience.
- Medeor is well equipped with diagnostic and imaging facilities such as the 1.5 tesla MRI, high end 160 CT Scan, and dual detector X-ray in order to meet the ever-changing needs of the patients.
- The hospital's urology department is well known for its In-depth investigations in the case of renal stones and urinary reconstructive techniques. It also offers Endoscopic treatment of kidney, Ureter and Bladder stones, and Extracorporeal shock-Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL) for Urinary stone.
Thumbay Hospital, Ajman
- Thumbay Hospital is the first JCI accredited private hospital in Ajman and one of the leading private hospitals in the UAE.
- It has been the first choice of hospital destination for over 175 nationalities by providing world-class medical care at an affordable cost.
- According to the Thumbay Hospital, Ajman- KPI Statistics 2018, 93.13% of patients wish to revisit Thumbay Hospital Ajman for their future healthcare needs while 93% would recommend it to their friends & family.
- The Hospital is part of a network of academic hospitals based in the UAE and is a constituent teaching hospital of GMU, (the Gulf Medical University) Academic Health System.
- It has 21 Departments and various Health packages including those specifically for women.
- It was considered the “Best Medical Tourism Hospital in the Middle East” by the New Economy, UK.
- It also won a Silver Award at the prestigious Sheikh Khalifa Excellence Awards 2018
- The Hospital provides Telehealth/Video Consultation to patients.
Cleveland Clinic, Abu Dhabi
- An extension of Cleveland Clinic in USA, the Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi was established in 2015 to provide services for complex and critical care and to develop a rich, world-class healthcare infrastructure within the country.
- Being a multispecialty hospital, it spreads across 14 Institutes and 40 medical and surgical specialities with state-of-the-art technologies and unparalleled patient care.
- It prides itself in its 6 Centres of Excellence comprising Heart & Vascular Institute, Neurological Institute, Eye Institute, Respiratory Institute, and Critical Care Institute.
- Presenting the Clinic's model of care, it upholds the "Patient First" philosophy that ensures delivering the best patient-centred care in every part of their journey. As such, a highly specialised training is given to all caregivers in the Hospital.
- The Hospital has the largest Multidisciplinary Simulation Centre which is an advanced healthcare education through experiential learning in a controlled environment thus resulting in improvised and better patient safety and experience.
- Its priority in the highest standard of healthcare quality and patient safety is reflected in several of its accreditation received from the JCI, the highest "5 Diamonds" rating from the Department of Health, Abu Dhabi’s Muashir assessment; the first to receive the Magnet Accreditation in UAE (the global benchmark in nursing excellence), the JAWDA People’s Choice Award, Arab Board Accreditation, a CAP certified Laboratory, HIMSS Stage 7 Award (the international benchmark for advanced IT to improve patient care) to mention a few.
- It has the International Patient Services that has been serving foreign patients from more than 114 countries around the globe assisting them in their respective personalised plan and treatment. The team also assist in visa, travel plans, tourism etc besides treatment.
- The Hospital is part of the Abu Dhabi Medical Tourism organisation.
Doctors for Spine Tumour Surgery in United Arab Emirates
NeurologistSenior Consultant, 34 years of experience
- Dr. Fadel Fouad Gendy has earned the reputation of a leading Neurosurgeon with his surgical and consultative practice spanning over 34 years.
- After his graduation from Cairo University he also earned his PG. He then earned his MD and PhD qualifications from Ein Shams University, Cairo. Dr. Gendy went on to achieve further training at Vienna University, Austria and New Jersey, the USA. He also received training in cervical spine surgery from Barcelona University in Spain and for microsurgery at Columbia University in New York.
- Dr. Gendy is a leading neurosurgeon who performs surgeries for brain tumour, spinal tumour, spinal fixation, spinal trauma and head trauma. He is a leading medical professional for minimally invasive spine surgeries, back and neck pain, congenital anomalies of the brain and spinal cord in children and disc herniation. He also treats disc diseases, stroke, epilepsy and brain hemorrhage.
- He has attended many national and international conferences and presented several papers.
NeurosurgeonVisiting Consultant, 35 years of experience
- Dr. Muhammed Chishti is a renowned and established Neurosurgeon with +35 years of experience in the field.
- He has done his MBBS from Dow Medical College University of Karachi, Pakistan. In 1982, he went to UK where he obtained fellowships from Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh and Royal College of Surgeons and Physicians Glasgow. Here, he completed his training and obtained his Intercollegiate Neurosurgery fellowship from Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh in 1989.
- Dr. Chishti is an expert neurosurgeon, known to treat brain tumors, aneurism and AVM, hydrocephalus, craniosynostosis with all type of cranial trauma. In spine, he has extensive experience in degenerative spinal disease, spinal tumors, infections and spinal dysraphism.
- He has acquired extensive experience in these 30 years, especially during his stint in Pakistan, where he even treated cases from Afghanistan.
NeurosurgeonConsultant, 24 years of experience
- Dr. Nicandro Figueiredo is a leading Spinal Neurosurgeon with +24 years of experience in the field of neurosurgery and orthopedic surgery.
- He holds professional memberships of the, North American Spine Society, the AO Spine (Switzerland), Brazilian Spine and Neurosurgical Society and the UAE Neurosurgical Society among other affiliations.
- Dr. Figueiredo completed his medical school from the University of Brasilia, followed by residency at the Base Hospital of Brasilia and PG too. In 1997, he also underwent a post-residency training at the Johns Hopkins Hospital and New York University, in USA. Between 1999-00, he earned fellowships from the Johns Hopkins and the University of Wisconsin Hospital, USA.
- He is a reputed neurosurgeon, with expertise to perform spinal surgeries in children and adults, spinal deformity corrections/trauma/percutaneous kyphoplasty/tumours/cysts/infections. Some of the other surgeries he performs are, minimally invasive spinal surgeries, microsurgery, spinal fusion, arthroplasty techniques, spinal neuronavigation and O-arm for 3D intraoperative image acquisition.
- Besides his surgical practice, Dr. Figueiredo also pursues his academic interests. He is a Visiting Professor of Neurosurgery for the Medical School and Residency Program of Neurosurgery, at the University of Cuiaba, in Brazil.
- Dr. Figueiredo also attends national and international conferences, where he speaks, instructs or is invited as a guest.
- Prof. Figueiredo has many published papers and book chapters to his name. He is the Academic Editor of the section of spinal surgery, Journal Medicine®, USA, and a reviewer of many other medical journals.
Spine Tumour Surgery Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Spine Surgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals