Spinal Laminectomy Cost In MalaysiaChat
What is Spinal Laminectomy?
A Spinal laminectomy is a surgical procedure that removes a portion of the vertebral bone called the lamina, which is the roof of the spinal canal.
How is the Procedure Performed?
The Spinal Laminectomy procedure involves an incision in the back over the affected vertebrae and moves the muscles away from the spine as needed. Small instruments are used to remove the appropriate lamina. The size of the incision may vary depending on the condition and body size.
Who is the Right Doctor for Spinal Laminectomy?
The right doctor to consult for Spinal Laminectomy is a Spine Surgeon.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate varies between 66-70%.
Possible risks after Spinal Laminectomy may include Bleeding, Infection, Blood clots, Nerve injury, Spinal fluid leak, etc.
Cost related to Spinal Laminectomy in Malaysia
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Lumbar Laminectomy for Spine||USD 6840 to USD 8360|
Spinal Laminectomy in Malaysia
Popular Cities in Malaysia for Spinal Laminectomy are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Spinal Laminectomy in MalaysiaFilter
Showing 8 Hospitals and doctors for Spinal Laminectomy in Malaysia
Gleneagles Hospital, Kuala Lumpur
- Gleneagles Hospital, Kuala Lumpur is one of the leading hospitals in Malaysia accredited by the Joint Commission International (JCI), the highest international quality accreditation in terms of patient safety and health care services.
- Established in 1996, the hospital is delivering healthcare and excellence for over 25 years.
- The Hospital is particularly known for its Cardiology, Oncology, and Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery.
- It provides comprehensive medical and surgical procedures such as Bariatric Surgery, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, ENT, Hepatobiliary Surgery, Neurosurgery, Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Breast Surgery to mention a few.
- Gleneagles Hospital has one of the most advanced technologies like Gamma Knife and Da Vinci Si Surgery System.
- A well-equipped Imaging Department like Ultrasound Examination, Computed Tomography Scan (C.T. Scan), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Fluoroscopy, Angiography, Non-vascular Interventional Radiology, Mammography, Bone Mineral Densitometry, and General Radiography.
- The Hospital also received several awards namely, the 'International Hospital of the Year,' and 'Highly Commended for Excellence in Customer Service' award from the prestigious International Medical Travel Journal in 2018. It also received the 'Best Health Screening Provider in Asia Pacific' by the Global Health and Travel Awards 2019.
- Several services are provided for international patients such as Visa, flight booking, airport transfer, accommodation, air evacuation & repatriation, doctor referral and appointment, cost estimation, emergency care, and sightseeing.
Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur
- Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur is a premier healthcare hospital that has been serving people from all over the world for 47 years.
- It is a one-stop integrated healthcare provider that specialises particularly in Oncology, Cardiology, Neurology and Neurosurgery, Orthopaedics, and Paediatrics.
- Besides this, it has many medical and surgical departments like Gastroenterology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, General Surgery, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Radiology & Interventional Radiology, Urology, Fertility Services – IVF, and Cranio-Facial Surgery.
- It is supported by cutting-edge technologies like Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Computerised Tomography (CT) scan, PET-CT, Mammography, Fluoroscopy, Ultrasound, Image intensifier, Bone densitometry, Orthopantomography and other interventional procedures.
- It has the prestigious JCI accreditation along with a certification by the Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH). It is also a certified Baby-Friendly Hospital.
- The International Patient Centre (IPC) is available to assist international patients from admission to discharge along with airport transfers.
Gleneagles Hospital, Penang
- Gleneagles Hospital, Penang has been providing healthcare services for 48 years with the highest quality medical and surgical services, patient care, and support.
- It was given a JCI accreditation with a Gold Seal of Approval for international quality standards for patient care and organization management in 2016; a reflection of the Hospital's exemplary healthcare quality standards.
- It is a tertiary care hospital for both national and international patients providing a one-stop services.
- Its comprehensive medical and surgical specialities include Cariology, Interventional Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Electrophysiology, ENT, Endocrine Surgery, Foot & Ankle Surgery, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Oncology, Surgical Oncology, Gynaecological Oncology, Interventional Radiology, Paediatrics including Orthopaedics, Surgery, and Urology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery, Spinal Surgery and other specialities.
- The Hospital is also Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH) accredited.
- International patients are assisted in services such as visa, flight, doctor's appointment and hospital discharge, emergency, airport transfers, special dietary needs, accommodation, language interpretation, and local sightseeing.
Doctors for Spinal Laminectomy in Malaysia
Spine SurgeonConsultant, 40 years of experience
- Dr. Paramaswaran Suppiah is a leading and a highly trained Spine Surgeon with +40 years of experience.
- In 1981, he completed his MD from the Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Malaysia and then in 1988, he earned a fellowship from the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK.
- Dr. Suppiah is a specialist in spine injury and treating sports injury. Some of the surgeries he performs are, motion-preserving lumbar and cervical spine surgery, complex spinal reconstruction, revision spinal surgery and minimally-invasive spinal decompression and fusion surgery. He also treats spinal cord tumours and administers stem cell therapy in spinal cord injury.
Spine SurgeonConsultant, 20 years of experience
- Dr. Harwant Singh is a leading Spine Surgeon with +20 years of experience in the field of orthopedics.
- He completed his MD from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Malaysia and then did M.Ch from the University of Liverpool, United Kingdom and two fellowships from the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, United Kingdom and the International Center for Orthopaedic Education. He was a Fulbright Fellow in 2001 and a Visiting Fellow in Healthcare Ethics at Oxford in 2009.
- Dr. Singh is an expert at spine surgery, with particular interest in minimally-invasive spine surgery. He holds many patents in new spine technology.
- He has contributed extensively to 53 peer-reviwed journals, and 51 peer-reviewed indexed abstracts. He has contributed several chapters to spine reference books.
Spine SurgeonConsultant, 25 years of experience
- Dr. Saw Lim Beng is a well-known Spine Surgeon having 25 years of experience.
- He performs procedures like Orthopedic trauma surgery, Spine surgery, Spinal deformity surgery, Spinal degenerative diseases, Spinal fusion surgery and Minimally invasive spine surgery.
- He is a member of the Malaysian Medical Council, the World Society for Endoscopic, Navigated & Minimal Invasive Spine Surgery (WENMISS), the Malaysia Spine Society, the Malaysia Orthopaedic Association and the AO Spine.
- Dr. Saw Lim Beng has completed an MBBS (1996) from the Manipal Academy of higher education (MAHE), India.
- He did MS (2005) from the University of Malaya, Malaysia.
- He has a Fellowship (2008) in Spine Surgery from Hong Kong University.
- Dr. Saw Lim Beng is well-versed in English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Hokkien and Bahasa Malaysia.
Before Spinal Laminectomy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
The ruptured and damaged portion of the disc is only removed during the surgery which accounts for 10 to 20% depending on the extent of stenosis.
Laminotomy- Treatment for nerve compression in the spinal cord
Hemilaminectomy - Removal of the lamina of the spinal canal of only one side
Open Laminectomy- Removal of a small portion of lamina to relieve pressure on the spinal cord.
Laminectomy is a low-risk surgery with more satisfying results. The risk of bowel, bowel inconvenience is very low. Surgery and patient recovery are very safe.
After the surgery the patients will get relief from pain and be able to perform normal activities. However, in some cases there are chances of reoccurrence in the same disc or adjacent disc depending on the underlying cause.
Laminectomy is associated with risks of any operative procedure and some risks specific to the procedure. There are some short and long term risks of the procedure Bleeding and infection at the site of surgery Damage to the spinal cord Loss of bladder and bowel control Numbness of the legs Persistent back pain Spinal cord damage Tear in spinal cord may leads to leakage of cerebrospinal fluid
Spinal laminectomy is the surgery which is done for treating the symptoms of central spinal stenosis and narrowing of spinal canal, in this surgery all part of lamina is being removed to provide more space for the spinal cord which is already compressed.
Spinal laminectomy surgery all part of the lamina and provides space for the compresses spinal cord and nerve roots, this surgery is done to remove pain caused by neural impingement because of spinal stenosis.
Spinal laminectomy is usually done in those cases where patient has got spinal issues such as for relieving spinal stenosis. In spinal stenosis the spinal cord becomes narrowed and then it puts pressure on spinal cord along with root of nerves. It is developed because of shrinked spine disc, spine arthritis, swelling of bones and ligaments, spinal tumor, slipped disc and injury due to trauma.
Yes, in most case getting relief from pain is much better than going back to do normal activities, even though the diseased vertebra and disc may not get completely normal there are chances of recurrence of problem.
Entire disc is not removed in spinal laminectomy, only the ruptured and the diseased part of the disc is being removed by laminectomy which accounts for around 15 to 30 percent of the disc.
No, laminectomy is not dangerous it is safe procedure and maximum recovery is seen in most of the cases. If the patient completely follows the post surgery guidelines then the risk will be very less and patient will have less anxiety.
During the Spinal Laminectomy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
2-3 days in the hospital.
Spinal laminectomy surgery takes around four to six hours to be done depending on the complexity of the case.
Spinal laminectomy surgery is being done by a highly qualified neurosurgeon or an orthopedic surgeon.
The steps followed during spinal laminectomy surgery are first the surgical site is being cleaned with antiseptic lotion and then small mini incisions are being made in middle of neck and back of patient. Lamina bones are being removed and with the help of bone spurs small fragements of disc are also removed. At last the incisions are closed with the help of stitches and sterile bandages are kept for covering the incisions.
After Spinal Laminectomy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Walking is the best activity you can do for the first 6 weeks after surgery. You should start out slowly and work up to walking 30 minutes at least twice a day. Do not be surprised if you require frequent naps during the day.
Avoid strenuous activities, such as bicycle riding, jogging, weight lifting, or aerobic exercise, until your doctor says it is okay. Do not drive for 2 to 4 weeks after your surgery or until your doctor says it is okay.
The patient is being transferred to the operating room after the surgery and after the effects of anaesthesia wears patient gain consciousness and after they are asked to remain in resting position. The patient is told to start moving at earliest depending on the surgeon advice. Patient is advised to stay in hospital for two or three days after surgery.
The activities restricted after spinal laminectomy surgery are you should avoid strenuous activity such as climbing of stairs and then you can slowly increase your movements such as walking and you need to visit doctor for follow up. There is no need to scrub the incison site as it can harm the stitches which can cause infections.
You should immediately contact your surgeon if you notice some symptoms such as chest pain, redness near the incision site, difficulty in breathing, fever, difficulty in urination and swelling around he legs.
Some of the risks and complications of the surgery includes infection, drug reaction, formation of blood clot, bruises etc.
Risks And Complications
Since laminectomy is associated with the spinal cord, great care needs to be taken while performing the surgery. There are risks involved; even though enough precautions are taken. The general risks of laminectomy are listed here.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Spine Surgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals