Spinal Fusion Surgery Cost In GermanyChat
What is Spinal Fusion Surgery?
Spinal fusion, also called spondylodesis or spondylosyndesis, is a neurosurgical or orthopedic surgical technique that joins two or more vertebrae. This procedure can be performed at any level in the spine and prevents any movement between the fused vertebrae.
How is the Procedure Performed?
During spinal fusion surgery, the surgeon places bone or a bonelike material within the space between two spinal vertebrae. Metal plates, screws, and rods may be used to hold the vertebrae together, so they can heal into one solid unit.
Who is the Right Doctor for Spinal Fusion Surgery?
The right doctor to consult for Spinal Fusion Surgery is a Spine Surgeon.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate varies between 81-88%.
The cost of Spinal Fusion Surgery includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost (X-ray or MRI may be done to evaluate the spine)
Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
Types of Surgeries - Anterior/posterior spinal fusion, Transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion (TLIF), Extreme lateral interbody fusion (XLIF)
Medicine cost (anti-inflammatory, painkillers, etc.)
Physiotherapy (a few sessions are required in case of Spine Surgery)
Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
The severity of the disease
Post-surgical complication, if it happens (such as Nerve injury or Paralysis)
Cost of Blood products (if required)
Age of the patient
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Cost related to Spinal Fusion Surgery in Germany
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Spinal Fusion Surgery||USD 24300 to USD 29700|
|Spinal Endoscopic Surgery||USD 10800 to USD 13200|
Spinal Fusion Surgery in Germany
Popular Cities in Germany for Spinal Fusion Surgery are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Images Related To Spinal Fusion Surgery
What is Spinal Fusion Surgery?
Before and after Spinal Fusion Surgery.
Types of Spine Fusion Surgery.
Overview of Spinal Fusion Surgery.
Spinal Fusion Surgery Treatment.
Top hospitals and doctors for Spinal Fusion Surgery in GermanyFilter
Showing 32 Hospitals and doctors for Spinal Fusion Surgery in Germany
Asklepios Hospital Barmbek, Hamburg
- Founded in 2005, Asklepios Hospital Barmbek is a part of the Asklepios medical group.
- The Asklepios group was founded in 1985 and is one of the largest networks of private clinics.
- All the hospitals of this group have in-house laboratories performing more than 18 million tests annually.
- The group is the first in Germany to be certified in accordance with the European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM).
- The hospital offers state-of-the-art treatments to more than 80,000 national and international patients.
- It has been granted numerous certifications for its extremely advanced medical standards.
- The hospital has been recognized as one of the best clinics in the world in the field of medical tourism by Alliance for Quality of Medical Tourism.
- It has been awarded a CTQ quality certificate, which indicates impeccable medical services.
- This clinic is one of the renowned hospitals for the treatment of liver diseases.
- It is one of the few hospitals in the world to use bactericidal action of copper surfaces, including copper light switches and copper handles to create a “hospital free from germs”.
- According to the Medical Travel Quality Alliance Quality (MTQUA), the hospital ranks among the top ten hospitals in the world in the field of medical tourism.
Vivantes Hospital Group
- The Vivantes Hospital Group is one of the largest state-owned healthcare companies operating around 100 medical departments and institutions, rehabilitation centers, 40 centers of excellence, primary healthcare facilities, 12 nursing facilities, and other outpatient and inpatient healthcare facilities in Berlin, Germany
- The Vivantes Hospital Group was founded in 2001 and the company runs 10 hospitals with a total capacity of nearly 6,000 beds and more than 17,000 employees, 2,300 of which are physicians.
- The Hospitals treat nearly 2,35,622 inpatients and 3,22,503 outpatients per year.
- An exceptional foreign department was established to assist all queries of international patients.
- It is the biggest state-owned hospital group in Berlin providing hospital care for about a third of patients in the city seeking inpatient care.
- Vivantes Clinic August-Victoria received the status of "Baby-friendly hospital" and Vivantes Humboldt and Vivantes Friedrichshain clinics were awarded the UNICEF Quality Awards.
- The tumor center of Vivantes consists of three cancer centers in the north, south, and in the center of Berlin. All three cancer centers are certified by the German Society for Hematology and Oncology (DGHO).
- The Federation for Environmental Protection and Nature Conservation of Germany (Bund Berlin) awarded the Vivantes Neukolln clinic status "Energy Saving Hospital".
Meoclinic Hospital, Berlin
- Founded in 2000, Meoclinic Hospital is a multidisciplinary medical center and is part of MEOGROUP.
- The hospital is certified by the ISO 9001:2008 quality standard and meets the highest medical requirements of the European Union.
- Located in the center of Berlin, the hospital offers the highest level of medical services.
- The team of specialists provides high-quality assistance to every patient.
- Patients choose this hospital for neurology, plastic surgery, endocrinology, pediatric neurosurgery, obstetrics and gynecology.
- It has 5 narrow-focused centers – cardiology, radiology, phlebology, surgery and rehabilitation.
- The center has the latest equipment, including the newest devices of CT and MRI scan, Doppler ultrasonography, EEG and devices for conducting duplex 3D and 4D sonography.
- Spanned in an area of 4,500 square meters, it has 45 beds, including 6 intensive care beds, 3 inpatient and 1 outpatient operating theatres.
Doctors for Spinal Fusion Surgery in Germany
NeurosurgeonChief, 35 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Med. Jürgen Kiwit is a neurosurgeon with 35+ years of experience.
- His areas of expertise include Kyphoplasty, Vertebroplasty, endoscopic intervertebral disc surgery, Neuronavigation for spinal and cranial surgery.
- He is a member of AANS (American Association of Neurological Surgeons), WFNS (World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies) and Mayo Alumni German Speaking League.
- Dr. Kiwit completed his graduation followed by post-graduation.
- He did his training in neurosurgery from prestigious hospitals in Germany.
- He has many publications under his name in both national and international journals.
Prof. Dr. med. Klaus Dieter Schaser
Spine SurgeonHead of Department, 24 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. med. Klaus Dieter Schaser is a spine surgeon with 24+ years of experience.
- His clinical focus includes intervertebral disc surgery, spinal stabilizations, spinal corrections, spinal tumor extirpations and treatment of spinal inflammations.
- He did graduation from University of Erlangen-Nuremberg and did his internship at the University of Regensburg.
- Dr. Schaser is a member of numerous medical and scientific associations, including German Trauma Society, German Society of Surgery, German Spinal Society, German Society of Orthopedics and Trauma and Scientific Orthopedic Society.
- He has been awarded the prize by the orthopedic society in the field of orthopedic research in microvascular medicine.
Prof. Dr. med. Alexander Disch
Spine SurgeonConsultant, 18 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. med. Alexander Disch is a spine surgeon with 18+ years of experience.
- His clinical expertise includes degenerative scoliosis, cervical degenerative disc disease, cervical disc herniation, cervical myelopathy, cervical stenosis, compression fractures and degenerative spondylolisthesis.
- He is a member of German Society for Spine Surgery.
- Dr. Disch completed graduation from Technische Universität München followed by post-graduation.
- He has a comparable number of publications in German specialist journals.
Spinal Fusion Surgery Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Spinal Fusion Surgery
FAQ videos related to Spinal Fusion Surgery
Our patient's testimonials related to Spine Surgeon
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Spinal Fusion Surgery in other countries, compared to Germany?
Approximate price of Spinal Fusion Surgery in other countries compared to Germany is:
- India, USD 6000 to USD 9000, approximately 72% lower than Germany
- Turkey, USD 5200 to USD 7800, approximately 76% lower than Germany
- Thailand, USD 6000 to USD 9000, approximately 72% lower than Germany
- Israel, USD 24000 to USD 36000, approximately 11% higher than Germany
- Singapore, USD 20000 to USD 30000, approximately 7% lower than Germany
- Malaysia, USD 12000 to USD 18000, approximately 44% lower than Germany