Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment Cost In United Arab EmiratesChat
What is Sickle Cell Anemia?
Sickle Cell Anemia is a severe blood disorder in which red blood cells become abnormal in shape and lose their ability to supply oxygen throughout the body.
How is the Procedure Performed?
In mild cases, Sickle Cell Anemia treatment requires medication and blood transfusions.
In rare cases, it may need a bone marrow transplant.
Who is the Right Doctor for Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment?
The right doctor to consult for Sickle Cell Anemia is a Hematologist who specializes in treating blood disorders.
What tests are required?
Abnormal haemoglobin level suggests the presence of Sickle Cell Anemia in the body.
Therefore, the Hemoglobin electrophoresis test is enough to diagnose Sickle Cell Anemia.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
With improvements in diagnosis and medical care, the success rate of Sickle Cell Anemia is above 95%.
Some symptoms of Sickle Cell Anaemia may include -
- Yellow-colored skin
- Blood in the urine
- Swollen hands and feet
Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment in United Arab Emirates
Popular Cities in United-arab-emirates for Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment in United Arab EmiratesFilter
Showing 21 Hospitals and doctors for Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment in United Arab Emirates
Fakeeh University Hospital, Dubai
- Fakeeh University Hospital is a multi-speciality hospital launched in 2018 by the Fakeeh Care Group, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- The hospital is a leading choice when it comes to primary, secondary and tertiary healthcare for patients that offers treatments across +20 specialities.
- Fakeeh University Hospital is a Smart Hospital, fully equipped with cutting-edge technology and smart systems to meet the unique needs of the hospital and patients. The hospital has fully integrated electronic medical records, supports improvements to the quality and efficiency of healthcare services for patients and the general public. It also uses integrated virtual, home and hospital visit for patient convenience and care.
- The hospital is constructed over 1 million square feet area and has a capacity of 350 beds, 35 adult ICU beds, 10 Pediatric ICU beds, 15 NICU beds and the largest emergency department in the private sector spread across 35,000 square feet.
- The hospital can handle a capacity of 7,00,000 patients a year.
- Some of the other facilities at the hospital include, 24* 7 Emergency Care, Cath Lab, Inpatient Services Facilities, Intensive Care Unit, Laboratory Pharmacy and Outpatient Services Facilities. Some of its specialised medical services, the hospital now offers, Occupational Health Screenings, COVID-19 Screening Patient Focused Clinics, FUH Life and FUH Life.
- The hospital uses innovative diagnostic technology, advanced data-assisted and automated medication dispensing systems, which combined with leading medical expertise, makes patient diagnoses and care precise and efficient.
- The medical professionals at Fakeeh University Hospital are highly experienced with advanced medical knowledge. The medical staff is also skilled, congenial, empathic and truly concerned about patients.
- The hospital building is planned as a 100% green building structure with ample green spaces, water bodies and natural light. It is promoted as a completely smoke-free healthcare facility.
- The interiors are pleasing and aesthetically done.
- The premises are spotlessly clean.
- Fakeeh University Hospital is also a teaching hospital set up to provide world-class medical education and also to enable the recovery of patients by bringing the outcomes of advanced research to them.
- The hospital will be a benchmark to foster ties for medical collaboration and international affiliations. It will combine medical education with evidence-based medicine in a modern environment.
Burjeel Medical City, Abu Dhabi
- Established in 2017, Burjeel Medical City is the largest tertiary care facility in the heart of Mohamed Bin Zayed City.
- Developed under VPS Healthcare, the hospital offers world-class healthcare facilities in Medical Oncology, Gynecology, Haematology, Palliative Care, Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Radiology, and other medical departments.
- The hospital’s main building comprises one basement floor, ground floor, four podiums, four towers with seven floors each, and a helipad for patient transport.
Burjeel Specialty Hospital, Sharjah
- Established in October 2019, Burjeel Specialty Hospital in Sharjah is the 23rd hospital developed under VPS healthcare.
- The 75-bedded hospital is the Joint Commission International (JCI) accredited hospital with 24*7 laboratory and emergency services and radiology department covering a wide range of radiology specialties.
- The hospital offers six centers of excellence that include women’s health, primary care surgery, neurosciences, bariatric surgery & weight loss, plastic, reconstructive, & cosmetic surgery, and cardiac sciences.
Doctors for Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment in United Arab Emirates
HematologistSenior Consultant, 20 years of experience
- Dr. Eiman Alkhatib is a Dubai-based Haematologist with 20+ years of experience.
- She has completed her studies at the reputed Damascus University. Her area of expertise lies in treating both benign and malignant blood diseases. She works on the management of blood transfusions and possible complications, bone marrow aspiration, bone biopsies, Sickle cell anemia, Thalassemia, etc.
- Dr. Eiman is a member of the Syrian Association of Oncology and Haematology and the Syrian Medical Association. She is the former chief of Haematology Interns Exams in Syria Board Association.
- Under her credit, there are both national and international publications in accredited indexed journals.
- She is also actively invited as a guest speaker in scientific conferences, sessions, seminars, and worldwide conferences to talk about the management of different types of Anemias.
HematologistConsultant, 14 years of experience
- Dr. Abdel Rahman Labban is a Dubai based Hematologist with 14+ years of experience in the field of Medical Oncology.
- He has completed his graduation and post-graduation from the top universities, followed by a Diploma from the reputed Beirut Arab University and a speciality Diploma in Internal Medicine, Haematology & Medical Oncology, from the prestigious Rafic Hariri University Hospital, Beirut.
- Dr. Abdel later obtained a senior fellowship in Medical Oncology from the Clinique Universitaire Saint Luc, Institut Roi, Belgium. He has worked earlier in Rafic Hariri University Hospital, Advanced Care Oncology Center, Al Zahra Hospital, and Prime Hospital, Dubai.
- The Oncologist is a member of the Lebanese Society of Medical Oncology, Belgian Order of Physicians, European Society of Medical Oncology, American Society of Medical Oncology, American Society of Haematology, Emirates Society of Oncology, & the Lebanese Society for pain management.
- His area of key interests lies in solid tumours, advanced immunotherapy & advanced targeted therapy, treatment of benign haematological conditions like anaemia, thrombocytopenia, immunodeficiency, bleeding disorders, & clotting disorders, Prevention & treatment of side effects, bone marrow biopsy, bone marrow aspiration & pain management, etc.
HematologistConsultant, 15 years of experience
- Dr. Wesam AL-Sakkaf is one of the finest Hematologists, having 15 years of experience.
- He has worked with the National Health Service (NHS) in the United Kingdom and gained extensive training in treating various hematological disorders.
- Qualification of Dr. Wesam includes an MD with distinction from Slovakia, an MSc from the University College of London, a diploma from the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP), and fellowships from the Royal College of Pathologists.
- He has a special interest in hemato-oncology and treats various blood cancers like leukemia, lymphoma, and myeloma.
- Dr. Wasem is also an expert in general hematological disorders like thrombocytopenia, anemia, neutropenia, thalassemia, sickle cell disease, bleeding disorders, hemophilia, and stem cell disorders.
Before Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Sickle cell anemia is an inherited red blood cells disorders in which the red blood cells are not healthy enough to carry oxygen through the body, red blood cells can easily move throughout the blood vessels.
can get sickle cell anemia from when you inherit sickle cell from both your parents. When both your parents are carriers of sickle cell gene then you can get sickle cell anemia.
The organs affected by sickle cell anemia are the liver, heart, kidney, gallbladder, eyes, bones and joints. It can cause recurrent infections, symptoms of sickle cell anemia usually appear 5 months of age. Some of the symptoms of sickle cell anemia includes anemia, episodes of pain, swelling in hands and feet, fever, pale skin, frequent infections etc.
If both mother and father are carrier then child may get affected from sickle cell anemia.
Complications of sickle cell anemia includes stroke, acute chest syndrome, pulmonary hypertension, organ damage, blindness, ulcers in leg, gall bladder stone and pulmonary hypertension.
Sickle cell anemia is being diagnosed by blood test, blood test checks for the defective form of hemoglobin causes sickle cell anemia. Adults and children can also be tested or sickle cell anemia.
Sickle cell anemic avoids the episodes of pain, relieves the symptoms and prevents complication. The treatment of sickle cell anemia included medications and blood transfusion.
During the Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
The surgical procedure of sickle cell anemia involves blood transfusion, in red blood cell transfusion red blood cells are being removed from the supply of donated blood. This increases the supply of red blood cells.
Blood transfusion takes around 90 to 120 minutes to be completed and it can even be done in smaller children who are younger than 5 years.
The process of stem cell transplant usually takes around 3 weeks to be done.
Stem cell transplant is also known as bone marrow transplant the process of stem cell transplant involves replacing the bone marrow of the affected person with the healthy bone marrow of the donor.
After Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Stem cell transplant involves long hospital stay, after getting transplant you will need to get drug for preventing rejection of the donated stem cells. In some cases, your body may reject the transplant which may result in some life-threatening complications.
If you have sickle cell anemia by seeing a genetic counselor before you trying to conceive will help you in understanding the risk of having a child with sickle cell anemia.
Red blood cells usually live for about 120 days before they need to be replaced. But sickle cells usually die in 10 to 20 days, leaving a shortage of red blood cells,.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals