Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment Cost In TurkeyChat
What is Sickle Cell Anemia?
Sickle Cell Anemia is a severe blood disorder in which red blood cells become abnormal in shape and lose their ability to supply oxygen throughout the body.
How is the Procedure Performed?
In mild cases, Sickle Cell Anemia treatment requires medication and blood transfusions.
In rare cases, it may need a bone marrow transplant.
Who is the Right Doctor for Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment?
The right doctor to consult for Sickle Cell Anemia is a Hematologist who specializes in treating blood disorders.
What tests are required?
Abnormal haemoglobin level suggests the presence of Sickle Cell Anemia in the body.
Therefore, the Hemoglobin electrophoresis test is enough to diagnose Sickle Cell Anemia.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
With improvements in diagnosis and medical care, the success rate of Sickle Cell Anemia is above 95%.
Some symptoms of Sickle Cell Anaemia may include -
- Yellow-colored skin
- Blood in the urine
- Swollen hands and feet
Cost related to Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment in Turkey
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Bone Marrow Transplant||USD 58500 to USD 71500|
Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment in Turkey
Popular Cities in Turkey for Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment in TurkeyFilter
Showing 17 Hospitals and doctors for Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment in Turkey
Hisar Hospital Intercontinental, Istanbul
- The Hisar Hospital’s hematology department treats the patient in stages, starting with the evaluation of the symptoms followed by a proper treatment plan and imaging tests, thereafter the Inpatient Services and treatment protocol is explained to the patient.
- The Hisar Hospital’s hematology department provides services such as the management of bone marrow disorders, Lymphoma, Multiple myeloma, Acute leukemia, Chronic leukemia, Anemia, Thalassemia, Hemangioma, etc.
Medical Park Group, İstanbul
- The hematology department at the medical park hospital consists of physicians, nurses, pharmacists, therapists, social workers, and administrators specializing in all aspects of stem cell transplantation.
- The department is heavily supported by specialty programs based in the Divisions of Intensive Care Unit, Pulmonary Medicine, Infectious Diseases, Renal Medicine, and other specialty services of the Medical Center.
- BMT centers are certified by Ministry of Health and EBMT for the conduct of autologous, allogeneic, matched-unrelated, and reduced intensity transplantations.
- Services to the patients at hematology centers provided by experienced physicians supported by a state of the art laboratory, and equipment and hardware that comply with international standards.
American Hospital, Istanbul
- The American hospital hematology department comprises well-experienced doctors who efficiently manage the patient genetic profiling both abroad and domestically.
- Services offered by them include Acute lymphoblastic leukemia, Acute myeloid leukemia, Amyloidosis, Anemia, Aplastic anemia, Autoimmune hemolytic anemias, Autoimmune thrombopenia, Benign hematological conditions, Bleeding disorders, C1-esterase deficiency, White blood cell diseases, Chronic lymphocytic leukemia, chronic myeloid leukemia, chronic myelomonocytic leukemia, Cryoglobulinemia, Cutaneous T-cell lymphoma, Large granular lymphocyte diseases, Leukemia, Lymphoma, and Macroglobulinemia.
Doctors for Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment in Turkey
HematologistSenior Consultant, 35 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Serdar Bedi Omay is a Hematologist with more than 35+ years of experience in the field.
- He is a member of the Turkish Hematology Association, Japanese Hematology Association, Turkish Blood Banks & Transfusion Association, Japanese Biochemistry & Molecular Biology Association, Hematology Specialist Association, and Ankara Science High School Association.
- He completed his medical education at Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine in 1985 and did his specialization in Ege University Faculty of Medicine and became a specialist in Internal Medicine in 1990.
- In 1995, he received his hematology sub-specialty from Ph.D. - Japan Mie School of Medicine.
- Completing his military service at Gühane Military Medical Academy in 1996, he was appointed as Associate Professor in the Department of Hematology in Ege University Faculty of Medicine in 1997.
- He has special interest in areas such as Acute Leukemia Diagnosis and Treatment, Lymphoma Treatments, Bleeding Disorders, and other related Hematological Disease Treatments.
- He has written 41 articles and case reports published in journals scanned by SCI, 7 articles and case reports published in peer-reviewed and periodical journals, and 112 papers presented at national and international meetings.
HematologistHead of Department, 40 years of experience
- Dr. Burhan Ferhanoğlu is a hematologist with 40+ years of experience.
- He is a member of the Turkish Society of Hematology, International Society of Hematology, European Hematology Association, American Society of Hematology and European Bone Marrow Transplantation Society.
- He graduated from Istanbul University, Istanbul in 1978, completed his residency in internal medicine from Istanbul University, Istanbul in 1982 and fellowship in hematology from Istanbul University, Istanbul in 1988.
- Dr. Burhan has conducted studies at the department of hematology and oncology at the University of Texas in 1990 and 1991.
- He made investigations at the Bone Marrow Transplantation Unit of Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle in 1992.
- He has bagged many awards due to his contribution in the medical field.
HematologistSenior Consultant, 32 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Gulsan Sucak is a Hematologist with more than 32 years of experience in the field.
- She is a reputed member of various organizations such as the Turkish Hematology Association, Hematology Specialist Association, Turkish Blood Banks & Transfusion Association, etc.
- She completed her graduation from Ankara University Faculty of Medicine in 1981, and specialization from Gazi University Faculty of Medicine Department of Internal Diseases - Internal Diseases and minor specialization from Gazi University Faculty of Medicine Hematology Department - Hematology.
- She has won many awards for her research work and dedication in the field of Hematology.
- Dr. Sucak is well-versed with Acute Leukemia Diagnosis and Treatment, Lymphoma Treatments, Bleeding Disorders, and other related Hematological Disease Treatments, etc.
- She has published several papers in National and International Journals.
Before Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Sickle cell anemia is an inherited red blood cells disorders in which the red blood cells are not healthy enough to carry oxygen through the body, red blood cells can easily move throughout the blood vessels.
can get sickle cell anemia from when you inherit sickle cell from both your parents. When both your parents are carriers of sickle cell gene then you can get sickle cell anemia.
The organs affected by sickle cell anemia are the liver, heart, kidney, gallbladder, eyes, bones and joints. It can cause recurrent infections, symptoms of sickle cell anemia usually appear 5 months of age. Some of the symptoms of sickle cell anemia includes anemia, episodes of pain, swelling in hands and feet, fever, pale skin, frequent infections etc.
If both mother and father are carrier then child may get affected from sickle cell anemia.
Complications of sickle cell anemia includes stroke, acute chest syndrome, pulmonary hypertension, organ damage, blindness, ulcers in leg, gall bladder stone and pulmonary hypertension.
Sickle cell anemia is being diagnosed by blood test, blood test checks for the defective form of hemoglobin causes sickle cell anemia. Adults and children can also be tested or sickle cell anemia.
Sickle cell anemic avoids the episodes of pain, relieves the symptoms and prevents complication. The treatment of sickle cell anemia included medications and blood transfusion.
During the Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
The surgical procedure of sickle cell anemia involves blood transfusion, in red blood cell transfusion red blood cells are being removed from the supply of donated blood. This increases the supply of red blood cells.
Blood transfusion takes around 90 to 120 minutes to be completed and it can even be done in smaller children who are younger than 5 years.
The process of stem cell transplant usually takes around 3 weeks to be done.
Stem cell transplant is also known as bone marrow transplant the process of stem cell transplant involves replacing the bone marrow of the affected person with the healthy bone marrow of the donor.
After Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Stem cell transplant involves long hospital stay, after getting transplant you will need to get drug for preventing rejection of the donated stem cells. In some cases, your body may reject the transplant which may result in some life-threatening complications.
If you have sickle cell anemia by seeing a genetic counselor before you trying to conceive will help you in understanding the risk of having a child with sickle cell anemia.
Red blood cells usually live for about 120 days before they need to be replaced. But sickle cells usually die in 10 to 20 days, leaving a shortage of red blood cells,.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals