Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment Cost In IndiaChat
What is Sickle Cell Anemia?
Sickle Cell Anemia is a severe blood disorder in which red blood cells become abnormal in shape and lose their ability to supply oxygen throughout the body.
How is the Procedure Performed?
In mild cases, Sickle Cell Anemia treatment requires medication and blood transfusions.
In rare cases, it may need a bone marrow transplant.
Who is the Right Doctor for Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment?
The right doctor to consult for Sickle Cell Anemia is a Hematologist who specializes in treating blood disorders.
What tests are required?
Abnormal haemoglobin level suggests the presence of Sickle Cell Anemia in the body.
Therefore, the Hemoglobin electrophoresis test is enough to diagnose Sickle Cell Anemia.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
With improvements in diagnosis and medical care, the success rate of Sickle Cell Anemia is above 95%.
Some symptoms of Sickle Cell Anaemia may include -
- Yellow-colored skin
- Blood in the urine
- Swollen hands and feet
Cost related to Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment in India
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Bone Marrow Transplant||Rs.666000 to Rs.888000|
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment in IndiaFilter
Showing 126 Hospitals and doctors for Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment in India
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
The hematology department of the hospital is counted amongst the top 10 hematology hospital in India, well-equipped with state-of-the-art techniques for non-invasive vascular testing, diagnostic angiography, and endovascular therapeutic procedures.
A distinct section harnessed with the current technologies is dedicated entirely to the Bone Marrow Transplant procedures.
Dr. Manas Kalra is a pediatric hematologist and oncologist with more than 13 years of experience working with the hospital.
Dr. Kalra specializes in doing bone marrow transplants and in the management of cancer in children.
Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon
The hospital has completed nearly 120 bone marrow transplants in one year.
This is also one of the largest centers for the treatment of multiple sclerosis, sickle cell, and aplastic anemia treatment by following the Global standard of infection control practices.
Counted as one of the very few centers for doing matched unrelated donor transplant for thalassemia.
The unit is also known for treating patients from 18 different countries and for being the first India hospital to BMT transplant from Trinidad & Tobago.
Several hematological disorders such as anemia, sickle cell disease, immune deficiency disorders, autoimmune disorders, multiple myeloma, clotting disorders, bleeding disorders and many more.
Dr. Rahul Bhargava, one of the topmost hematologists in India having completed more than 400 stem cell transplants so far.
Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai
- Established in 1983, one of the best hospitals for heart care in India.
- First Indian hospital to introduce techniques in coronary angioplasty, stereotactic radiotherapy and radio-surgery (for brain tumours).
- Major specialties includes Heart, Cancer, Bones, Joints & Spine, Organ Transplants, Neurology, Gastro & Colorectal, Bariatric Surgery, Gynaecology & Infertility and Ophthalmology.
- First Indian hospital to be awarded the IS0 9001 and ISO 14001 certifications.
- First hospital in South India to be accredited by the Joint Commission International USA and subsequently reaccredited 4 times.
- Declared as the 'Centre of Excellence' by the Government of India.
- Voted several times as the "Best Private Sector Hospital in India" by The Week magazine.
- Bagged the top 2 positions in the All India Multispecialty Hospital Survey 2016 conducted by Times Health.
- NABH and JCI Accredited
Doctors for Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment in India
HematologistSenior Consultant, 19 years of experience
- Dr. Rahul Bhargava is one of the best Hemato Oncology & Bone Marrow Transplant Surgeons in India.
- He has been practicing for the past 19 years an is trained in treating Castleman Disease.
- He has done close to 1000 bone marrow transplants which are record-breaking in North India.
- Brings along with him an International experience; worked in Vancouver, Canada where he specifically trained in Umbilical cord transplant.
- Member of various prestigious organizations, American Society of Bone Marrow Transplant, American Society of Paediatric Hemato-Oncology, International Society of Paediatric Oncology to name a few.
- He has completed his MBBS & MD from Christian Medical College in Vellore, India. Following which he pursued his DM (Hematology) from the renowned All India Institute of Medical Sciences.
- He can be followed at LinkedIn https://in.linkedin.com/in/dr-rahul-bhargava-76927218.
Cost of consultation for Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment with Dr. Rahul Bhargava starts from INR 1200.
HematologistConsultant, 14 years of experience
- Dr. Pawan Kumar Singh is among the best Hematologic Oncologists and Bone Marrow Transplant Surgeons with 9+ years of experience.
- Interests are hematopoietic BMT in both malignant & Non-malignant hematologic disorders (especially Thalassemia & Aplastic Anemia)
- Has performed more than 300 bone marrow transplants for both malignant and non-malignant blood disorders including aplastic anemia and thalassemia.
- Dr. Singh has done successful Haplo BMT for SCID in an 8-month-old child.
- He has established BMT UNIT at Jaypee hospital for MUD transplant and got PBSC products from national (Datri) and international registry (DKMS).
HematologistConsultant, 23 years of experience
- Dr. Chezhian Subash is one of the top Hematologists with experience of more than 23 years.
- He is proficient in offering treatment for Haematological Oncology, Myelomas and Lymphoma and carries out Bone Marrow Transplantation- Alternate Donor Transplant and Mismatched Transplants.
- He is also renowned for offering treatment for General Haematology, Laboratory Haematology, and dealing Haemato-pathology and Transfusion Medicine.
- He is the recipient of several awards that include: Dr. K.C. Paul Prize for proficiency in Clinical Medicine in 1994 and Maharaja of Cochin prize for proficiency in Physiology in 1991.
- The doctor is an Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer for Hull York Medical School.
- Besides, he has taught many House Officers and Senior House Officers along with many undergraduate students.
- He is a member of numerous prestigious associations such as the Royal College of Pathologists, Royal College of Physicians of London, and the British Society for Haematology.
Cost of consultation for Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment with Dr. Chezhian Subash starts from INR 800.
Before Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Sickle cell anemia is an inherited red blood cells disorders in which the red blood cells are not healthy enough to carry oxygen through the body, red blood cells can easily move throughout the blood vessels.
can get sickle cell anemia from when you inherit sickle cell from both your parents. When both your parents are carriers of sickle cell gene then you can get sickle cell anemia.
The organs affected by sickle cell anemia are the liver, heart, kidney, gallbladder, eyes, bones and joints. It can cause recurrent infections, symptoms of sickle cell anemia usually appear 5 months of age. Some of the symptoms of sickle cell anemia includes anemia, episodes of pain, swelling in hands and feet, fever, pale skin, frequent infections etc.
If both mother and father are carrier then child may get affected from sickle cell anemia.
Complications of sickle cell anemia includes stroke, acute chest syndrome, pulmonary hypertension, organ damage, blindness, ulcers in leg, gall bladder stone and pulmonary hypertension.
Sickle cell anemia is being diagnosed by blood test, blood test checks for the defective form of hemoglobin causes sickle cell anemia. Adults and children can also be tested or sickle cell anemia.
Sickle cell anemic avoids the episodes of pain, relieves the symptoms and prevents complication. The treatment of sickle cell anemia included medications and blood transfusion.
During the Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
The surgical procedure of sickle cell anemia involves blood transfusion, in red blood cell transfusion red blood cells are being removed from the supply of donated blood. This increases the supply of red blood cells.
Blood transfusion takes around 90 to 120 minutes to be completed and it can even be done in smaller children who are younger than 5 years.
The process of stem cell transplant usually takes around 3 weeks to be done.
Stem cell transplant is also known as bone marrow transplant the process of stem cell transplant involves replacing the bone marrow of the affected person with the healthy bone marrow of the donor.
After Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Stem cell transplant involves long hospital stay, after getting transplant you will need to get drug for preventing rejection of the donated stem cells. In some cases, your body may reject the transplant which may result in some life-threatening complications.
If you have sickle cell anemia by seeing a genetic counselor before you trying to conceive will help you in understanding the risk of having a child with sickle cell anemia.
Red blood cells usually live for about 120 days before they need to be replaced. But sickle cells usually die in 10 to 20 days, leaving a shortage of red blood cells,.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals