Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment Cost In FranceChat
What is Sickle Cell Anemia?
Sickle Cell Anemia is a severe blood disorder in which red blood cells become abnormal in shape and lose their ability to supply oxygen throughout the body.
How is the Procedure Performed?
In mild cases, Sickle Cell Anemia treatment requires medication and blood transfusions.
In rare cases, it may need a bone marrow transplant.
Who is the Right Doctor for Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment?
The right doctor to consult for Sickle Cell Anemia is a Hematologist who specializes in treating blood disorders.
What tests are required?
Abnormal haemoglobin level suggests the presence of Sickle Cell Anemia in the body.
Therefore, the Hemoglobin electrophoresis test is enough to diagnose Sickle Cell Anemia.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
With improvements in diagnosis and medical care, the success rate of Sickle Cell Anemia is above 95%.
Some symptoms of Sickle Cell Anaemia may include -
- Yellow-colored skin
- Blood in the urine
- Swollen hands and feet
Top hospitals and doctors for Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment in FranceFilter
Showing 1 Hospitals and doctors for Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment in France
- Lyon Protestant Infirmary Clinic is a renowned Clinic located in Caluire-et-Cuire, France. It was established in 1844.
- The hospital is in one of the largest neighborhoods of medieval Europe dating back to the 15th century. The city of Lyon is France’s second-largest and has over 2,000 years of history. It is famous for its cuisine and its architecture, a mixture of historic and modern art.
- The Clinic has more than 30 medical specialties, including departments in cardiovascular surgery, Visceral Surgery, Oncology, Orthopedic Surgery, ENT, and Urological Surgery.
- The Hospital is certified by the prestigious National Health Authority (HAS), an independent authority that evaluates the quality of care provided at French hospitals. They were the ones to introduce Robotic-Assisted Surgery in the unit and also and opened a dedicated thoracic pain unit.
- Moreover, the unit offers free WiFi, accepts the dietary requests of patients and the rooms are air-conditioned. The person accompanying the patient can stay in a VIP private room.
- The team comprises qualified professionals with personnel having extensive experience. Medical assistance is available around the clock with translators so that there is no communications barrier.
Before Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Sickle cell anemia is an inherited red blood cells disorders in which the red blood cells are not healthy enough to carry oxygen through the body, red blood cells can easily move throughout the blood vessels.
can get sickle cell anemia from when you inherit sickle cell from both your parents. When both your parents are carriers of sickle cell gene then you can get sickle cell anemia.
The organs affected by sickle cell anemia are the liver, heart, kidney, gallbladder, eyes, bones and joints. It can cause recurrent infections, symptoms of sickle cell anemia usually appear 5 months of age. Some of the symptoms of sickle cell anemia includes anemia, episodes of pain, swelling in hands and feet, fever, pale skin, frequent infections etc.
If both mother and father are carrier then child may get affected from sickle cell anemia.
Complications of sickle cell anemia includes stroke, acute chest syndrome, pulmonary hypertension, organ damage, blindness, ulcers in leg, gall bladder stone and pulmonary hypertension.
Sickle cell anemia is being diagnosed by blood test, blood test checks for the defective form of hemoglobin causes sickle cell anemia. Adults and children can also be tested or sickle cell anemia.
Sickle cell anemic avoids the episodes of pain, relieves the symptoms and prevents complication. The treatment of sickle cell anemia included medications and blood transfusion.
During the Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
The surgical procedure of sickle cell anemia involves blood transfusion, in red blood cell transfusion red blood cells are being removed from the supply of donated blood. This increases the supply of red blood cells.
Blood transfusion takes around 90 to 120 minutes to be completed and it can even be done in smaller children who are younger than 5 years.
The process of stem cell transplant usually takes around 3 weeks to be done.
Stem cell transplant is also known as bone marrow transplant the process of stem cell transplant involves replacing the bone marrow of the affected person with the healthy bone marrow of the donor.
After Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Stem cell transplant involves long hospital stay, after getting transplant you will need to get drug for preventing rejection of the donated stem cells. In some cases, your body may reject the transplant which may result in some life-threatening complications.
If you have sickle cell anemia by seeing a genetic counselor before you trying to conceive will help you in understanding the risk of having a child with sickle cell anemia.
Red blood cells usually live for about 120 days before they need to be replaced. But sickle cells usually die in 10 to 20 days, leaving a shortage of red blood cells,.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals