Shoulder Replacement Cost In TurkeyChat
What is Shoulder Replacement?
Shoulder replacement is a surgical procedure in which all or part of the glenohumeral joint is replaced by a prosthetic implant.
How is the Procedure Performed?
The Surgery of Shoulder Replacement involves the insertion of the temporary ball into the new socket and moving the shoulder around to make sure the shoulder joint has ease of motion and does not dislocate. The surgeon will then dislocate the joint, remove the temporary component, and attach the final prosthesis.
Who is the Right Doctor for Shoulder Replacement?
The right doctor to consult for Shoulder Replacement is an Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon along with a Physiotherapist.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate is high and varies between 92-95%.
After, the Shoulder Replacement Surgery, the individual is advised to take 6 weeks rest and asked to perform strengthening exercises. Regaining full strength and range of motion can take up to a year.
The cost of Shoulder Replacement includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost (some tests that may be required - chest X-ray, blood work, and EKG (heart tracing) }
Surgery cost (depends on whether there is a requirement for an implant)
Types of implant [Ti-6Al-4V (titanium-aluminum-vanadium) and CoCrMo (cobalt-chromium-molybdenum)]
Type of surgery (Anatomic total shoulder replacement, Reverse total shoulder replacement, Partial shoulder replacement, etc.)
Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
Medicine cost (Anti-inflammatory, Pain Killers, Antibiotics, etc.)
Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or Single room)
The severity of the disease
Post-surgical complications if it happens (such as Dislocation, Fracture, Implant loosening, Rotator cuff failure, etc.)
Cost of Blood products (if required)
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
If any extra investigations are required
Cost related to Shoulder Replacement in Turkey
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Shoulder Replacement Surgery||USD 4500 to USD 5500|
|Repair of dislocations||USD 2619 to USD 3201|
Help Us With Patient Details
Images Related To Shoulder Replacement
What is Shoulder Arthroscopy?
Before and after shoulder arthroscopy surgery.
Symptoms of Rotator cuff injury and need for shoulder arthroscopy surgery.
Types of shoulder arthroscopy surgery.
The procedure of shoulder arthroscopy treatment.
Top hospitals and doctors for Shoulder Replacement in TurkeyFilter
Showing 20 Hospitals and doctors for Shoulder Replacement in Turkey
Hisar Hospital Intercontinental, Istanbul
- The Hisar Hospital’s Orthopedic department manages the diagnosis and treatment of all diseases as well as the injuries of the musculoskeletal system, traumatic, congenital, or acquired bones, joints, or soft tissue disorders.
- The Orthopedic department comprises of a team of qualified orthopedic surgeons, Joint & replacement surgeons, Orthopedicians with accomplished personnel.
Medical Park Group, İstanbul
- Medical Park is one of the top research and treatment centers in the field of Orthopedics and Traumatology.
- Surgeons of the orthopedic department are fully competent about giving expertise nationally and internationally.
- Orthopedic department offer services such as Bone and Joint Surgery, Arthroplasty (Hip Replacement), Arthroplasty (Knee Prosthesis), Concussion, Foot and Ankle, General Orthopaedics and Fracture Care, Hand and Upper Extremity, Joint Replacement, Orthopedic Trauma, Pediatric Orthopedics, Rehabilitation, and Physical Therapy, Sarcoma Care, Shoulder Care, Spine Center, and Sports Medicine.
- At a medical park hospital, patients get well-coordinated healthcare services ran by internationally- recognized surgeons.
- Medical Park Orthopedics and Traumatology Center possess a highly skilled team that is entirely trained to heal complex wounds all over the body.
- Many surgical procedures are there for hip arthroplasty which includes the use of different metallic, ceramic or polyethylene materials to enhance the comfort of the patient.
American Hospital, Istanbul
The Americal hospital, Turkey was founded in 1920 by a US Navy Admiral L. Bristol. The hospital was started as a non-profitable institution. Nearly 120,000 patients are treated every year in addition to 20,000 inpatients. More than 10,000 surgeries are conducted every year. The hospital specifically keeps in consideration the laws, regulations, and principles of professional ethics. It also gives prime importance to the patient’s privacy. All the medical and administrative systems are constantly examined to look for the scope of improvement and provide patient satisfaction. The hospital is accredited by:
- Joint Commission International 2002, 2005, 2009, 2012, 2015, July 2018
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System April 2018
- ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System May 2018 (American Hospital is the “first” organization to receive the certificate among all public and private hospitals in Turkey.)
- ISO 27001 Information Security Management System May 2018
- Echocardiography Laboratory Accreditation by the European Association of Echocardiography (EAE) 2015
- Global Mobility Certificate by United Healthcare Global 2018
Doctors for Shoulder Replacement in Turkey
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement SurgeonConsultant, 22 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Mehmet Erdil is an Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon with over 22 years of experience.
- He completed his Faculty of Medicine education in 2001 and his Faculty of Medicine Orthopedics and Traumatology education in 2007, both from Istanbul University.
- He is an esteemed member of the Turkish Limb Extension and Reconstruction Association, the Turkish Foot Ankle Surgery Association, the Turkish Spine Association, TUSYAD (Turkish Sports Injuries, Arthroscopy, and Knee Association) / Board of Directors, TOTBID / Sports Traumatology Branch, TOTDER (Turkish Orthopedics and Traumatology Association), TOTEK (Turkish Orthopedics and Traumatology Education Council), Hip Joint Conservative Surgery Association / Board of Directors and TOTBID (Turkish Orthopedics and Traumatology Association).
- He has authored various papers in national and international journals.
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement SurgeonSenior Consultant, 15 years of experience
- Assoc. Dr. Sami Sökücü is a leading Orthopedic Surgeon with 15+ years of experience.
- Dr. Sami Sökücü is well-known for knee replacement surgery, hip replacement surgery, and trauma surgery.
- He completed his medical degree from Karadeniz Technical University of Medicine, Trabzon, Turkey, in 2001.
- He is an esteemed member of the European Board of Orthopedics and Traumatology (EBOT), Hip and Knee Arthroplasty Association, Orthopedic Trauma Branch, Turkish Orthopedic and Traumatology Education Council (TOTEK), Association of Turkish Orthopedics and Traumatology (TOTBİD), Association of Turkish Orthopedics and Traumatology (TOTDER) and Istanbul Medical Association.
- He won the award of appreciation from the Provincial Health Directorate in 2011.
Spine SurgeonConsultant, 20 years of experience
- Op. Dr. Mehmet Aydogan is a well-known Orthopaedist, Traumatologist & Advanced Spine Surgeon with experience of 20+ years.
- He has Memberships of Scientific Organizations such as the Turkish Medical Association (TTB), Turkish Orthopedics and Traumatology Association (TOTBID), Turkish Spine Association (TOD), Minimal Invasive Spine Surgery Association (MINOD), North America Spine Society (NASS), Scoliosis Research Society (SRS), and European Spine Society (ESS).
- He graduated from Ege University Faculty of Medicine (1990 - 1996) and gained a Fellowship in 2009 from Comprehensive Spine Center University of California Los Angeles, USA,
- He also has an International Spine Fellow from the Comprehensive Spine Center University of California Los Angeles, USA (2009 - 2010).
- Dr. Aydogan has a keen interest in areas such as Rope Scoliosis Surgery (Non-Fusion Scoliosis Surgery), Spinal Canal Stenosis, Waist Shift, Cervical Disc Prosthesis, Spinal Fractures, Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery, Laser - Endoscopic Discectomy, Pediatric - Adult Spine Deformities, etc.
Shoulder Replacement Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Shoulder Replacement - Most Frequently Asked Questions
উপলভ্য বিকল্পগুলি হ'ল নন-স্টেরয়েডাল অ্যান্টি-ইনফ্লেমেটরি ড্রাগস (এন.এস.এ.আই.ডি), রোগ-সংশোধনকারী অ্যান্টি-রিউম্যাটিক ড্রাগ (ডি.এম.এ.আর.ডি), স্টেরয়েড ইনজেকশন এবং ফিজিওথেরাপি।
Usually, it is observed that shoulder replacement lasts for around 10 years or more after this time it may loosen or wear out.
Diabetes doesn't seem to raise risks after shoulder replacement.Increasing age and history of cardiac disease increases the risk of cardiac complication after shoulder replacement.If you have high blood pressure and if it is under control, there is no reason to worry about not having a safe and successful surgery.Even if your blood pressure becomes elevated during surgery you will be given intravenous medication to reduce it.Consult your cardiologist if you are planning to undergo the surgery beacuse some medicine doses are modified accordingly.
Usually it is not required.
The available options are Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), Disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDs), Steroid Injections and Physiotherapy.
Shoulder replacement surgery is a procedure which reduces or try to reduce the source of pain and disfunction of shoulder by repairing the damaged part of shoulder joint.
The most common reasons for shoulder replacement surgery are osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and avascular necrosis. This process will help you in getting relieve from pain and also improves your muscle strength and increase your range of motion.
The prosthesis used in shoulder replacement is being made of a humeral ball in which a special type of stainless steel is being attached which is made of titanium and it keeps the ball attached to your arm while a polyethylene cup s used for replacing the glenoid socket.
You can be the candidate for shoulder replacement surgery if:
- Shoulder pain is severe which is interfering with daily life activities.
- There is no relief even after trying anti-inflammatory medicines, cortisone injection or physiotherapy
- You’ve tried anti-inflammatory medications, cortisone injections and physical therapy with no relief.
Some of the advantages of shoulder replacement surgery are:
- Pain relief and improved range of motion and function.
- You will get to relieve from pain and movement also improved.
During the Shoulder Replacement - Most Frequently Asked Questions
The patient will be staying in hospital for five days.
It will usually takes 2 hours.
Your consultation visit and initial appointment with the orthopedic surgeon will include a series of x-rays, a physical examination and a thorough review of your medical history. By physical examination you will get to know about the source of pain and the decrease range of motion. While the x ray examination reveals bone spur, the damaged joint surfaces and the narrow joint spaces. In case if there was any trauma or injury the x ray will help in evaluating whether it can be fixed r it is needed to be replaced.
You will get enough time to plan for the surgery a series of tests should be done one to two weeks before the surgery. The test include blood test, electrocardiogram, if you are taking some medications you will be told to discontinue such as any anti-inflammatory medication.
It will take almost 2 hours for shoulder replacement surgery to be done, it will take one to two hour for you to recover completely from general anesthesia.
You will be under general anesthesia to keep you asleep.
In shoulder replacement surgery, a plastic lining is attached to the socket to allow smooth movement a top of the arm bone is being removed and metal stem with a ball on the end is inserted. If your rotator cuff is being damaged and the joint may not be stable or work properly.
After Shoulder Replacement - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Can usually return to desk work within 2-4 weeks from the time of surgery but that heavier work is restricted for four months or more, depends on the strength, progress of the shoulder.
After being transported to your room your vitals will be evaluated and your arms will be placed in sling position for the first 24 hours after surgery. After coming from hospital you will be able to move and get out of the bed. You should wear loose fitting clothes.
The result of the procedure will depend on your performance it depends on the stretching and strengthening of the muscles with time. It basically depends on your activity level.
Some of the complications of the procedure include infection, nerve Injury, dislocation and some prosthesis related problems.
After discharge you should limit yourself from lifting any heavier object whose weight is more than a glass of water. You should avoid placing arm in extreme position for the first six weeks after surgery, you should not stretch to the outside and behind your neck. You must be go regularly to your therapist, for strengthening your muscles.
The recovery period varies from person to person and also depend on the type of surgery you had.
If you are experiencing any symptoms such as fever, decreased of motion, redness, swelling or increase in pain or change in sensation or movement after your nerve block is cleared, then you should immediately contact your doctor.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Shoulder Replacement
FAQ videos related to Shoulder Replacement
Our patient's testimonials related to Spine Surgeon
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Shoulder Replacement in other countries, compared to Turkey?
Approximate price of Shoulder Replacement in other countries compared to Turkey is:
- India, USD 6000 to USD 9000, approximately 50% higher than Turkey
- Thailand, USD 5600 to USD 8400, approximately 40% higher than Turkey
- Germany, USD 19200 to USD 28800, approximately 380% higher than Turkey
- Israel, USD 8000 to USD 12000, approximately 100% higher than Turkey
- Singapore, USD 9600 to USD 14400, approximately 140% higher than Turkey
- Malaysia, USD 12000 to USD 18000, approximately 200% higher than Turkey