Shoulder Replacement Cost In MalaysiaChat
What is Shoulder Replacement?
Shoulder replacement is a surgical procedure in which all or part of the glenohumeral joint is replaced by a prosthetic implant.
How is the Procedure Performed?
The Surgery of Shoulder Replacement involves the insertion of the temporary ball into the new socket and moving the shoulder around to make sure the shoulder joint has ease of motion and does not dislocate. The surgeon will then dislocate the joint, remove the temporary component, and attach the final prosthesis.
Who is the Right Doctor for Shoulder Replacement?
The right doctor to consult for Shoulder Replacement is an Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon along with a Physiotherapist.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate is high and varies between 92-95%.
After, the Shoulder Replacement Surgery, the individual is advised to take 6 weeks rest and asked to perform strengthening exercises. Regaining full strength and range of motion can take up to a year.
The cost of Shoulder Replacement includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost (some tests that may be required - chest X-ray, blood work, and EKG (heart tracing) }
Surgery cost (depends on whether there is a requirement for an implant)
Types of implant [Ti-6Al-4V (titanium-aluminum-vanadium) and CoCrMo (cobalt-chromium-molybdenum)]
Type of surgery (Anatomic total shoulder replacement, Reverse total shoulder replacement, Partial shoulder replacement, etc.)
Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
Medicine cost (Anti-inflammatory, Pain Killers, Antibiotics, etc.)
Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or Single room)
The severity of the disease
Post-surgical complications if it happens (such as Dislocation, Fracture, Implant loosening, Rotator cuff failure, etc.)
Cost of Blood products (if required)
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
If any extra investigations are required
Cost related to Shoulder Replacement in Malaysia
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Shoulder Replacement Surgery||USD 13500 to USD 16500|
Shoulder Replacement in Malaysia
Popular Cities in Malaysia for Shoulder Replacement are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Images Related To Shoulder Replacement
What is Shoulder Arthroscopy?
Before and after shoulder arthroscopy surgery.
Symptoms of Rotator cuff injury and need for shoulder arthroscopy surgery.
Types of shoulder arthroscopy surgery.
The procedure of shoulder arthroscopy treatment.
Top hospitals and doctors for Shoulder Replacement in MalaysiaFilter
Showing 21 Hospitals and doctors for Shoulder Replacement in Malaysia
Pantai Hospital Penang
Pantai Hospital Penang is one of the many hospitals owned by the Pantai Group, a leading healthcare services provider in Malaysia.
The Hospital specialises in Neurology and Cardiology besides having excellent medical and patient care in departments like Oncology, ENT, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedic Surgery, Paediatrics, Renal Medicines, Urology and others.
It has three Centres of Excellence namely, the Cancer Centre, Heart Centre, and Stroke Centre.
It is accredited by the Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH) that is under the Ministry of Health.
It is supported by cutting edge medical and surgical technologies like 160-Slice CT Scan, 64-Slice CT Scan, Bone Densitometer (DEXA), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Mammography, Ultrasonography to mention a few.
The Hospital also has an International Patient Centre that will assist international patients from appointment to discharge along with complimentary chauffeured services to hotels or accommodations in Penang.
It also offers a choice of Health Screening Packages for both men and women.
Gleneagles Hospital, Penang
- Gleneagles Hospital, Penang has been providing healthcare services for 48 years with the highest quality medical and surgical services, patient care, and support.
- It was given a JCI accreditation with a Gold Seal of Approval for international quality standards for patient care and organization management in 2016; a reflection of the Hospital's exemplary healthcare quality standards.
- It is a tertiary care hospital for both national and international patients providing a one-stop services.
- Its comprehensive medical and surgical specialities include Cariology, Interventional Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Electrophysiology, ENT, Endocrine Surgery, Foot & Ankle Surgery, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Oncology, Surgical Oncology, Gynaecological Oncology, Interventional Radiology, Paediatrics including Orthopaedics, Surgery, and Urology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery, Spinal Surgery and other specialities.
- The Hospital is also Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH) accredited.
- International patients are assisted in services such as visa, flight, doctor's appointment and hospital discharge, emergency, airport transfers, special dietary needs, accommodation, language interpretation, and local sightseeing.
Pantai Hospital Laguna Merbok
- Pantai Hospital Laguna Merbok is the first green hospital in Malaysia and the newest hospital operated by the Pantai Group, a leading private healthcare service provider.
- Being a multispecialty hospital it offers medical and surgical specialities such as Cardiology, ENT, General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Orthopaedic Surgery, and Paediatrics.
- It offers various Health Packages.
- The Hospital is equipped with advanced technologies like X-Ray, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Mammography, CT-Scan, Ultrasound, and other facilities.
Doctors for Shoulder Replacement in Malaysia
Dato’ Dr Rashdeen Fazwi B Muhammad Nawawi
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement SurgeonConsultant, 18 years of experience
- Dr. Rashdeen Fazwi is a renowned Hand and Microsurgeon currently practicing in Malaysia.
- He is an expert in treating Congenital deformities and diseases, Peripheral nerve disorders, and Traumatic Amputations.
- He specializes in Carpal tunnel release, Excision, Fracture fixation, Microsurgery, Reconstructive surgery, and Soft tissue repair.
- He completed his Master's in Orthopedic Surgery at Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia in 2006.
- He holds a Certificate of completion of Subspecialty Training in Hand & Upper limb surgery under the Ministry Of Health.
- He was honored with the Awards for Excellence in Public Service in 2003 and 2011.
- He holds memberships in various associations such as the Malaysian Orthopedic Association, MOA, Malaysian Society for Surgery of the Hand, MSSH, and AO Trauma International.
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement SurgeonConsultant, 63 years of experience
Dr. Mahmood Merican is a senior Orthopaedic & Joint Replacement Surgeon and among the pioneering doctors at the Pantai Hospital, Kuala Lumpur with a practice of +63 years.
- He did his MBBS in 1958 from University Malaya, Singpaore and then in 1964, he did a fellowship from The Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh and in 1978, he did another from The Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons, Glasgow.
- Dr. Merican is an expert at performing orthopaedic procedures, particularly of the spine and for cases of trauma. He also treats knee injury, sports injury and fractured bones.
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement SurgeonConsultant, 17 years of experience
- Dr. Lee Chee Kuan is a Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon practicing in Malaysia.
- He holds expertise in Total Knee Replacement, Total / Partial Hip Replacement, and Arthroscopy Procedures on Shoulder and Knee Joints: ACL/PCL Reconstruction, Meniscus Repair, Chondroplasty, Fractures Fixation, Excision of Swelling, Carpal Tunnel and Trigger Fingers release, Intra-articular Knee and Shoulder Injection, and Reduction of Dislocated Joint.
- He pursued a Master of Surgery in Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Malaya, in 2005.
- He has attained a fellowship in AO International, Trauma (Germany), and Fellowship in Arthroplasty from Melbourne, Australia.
- He is associated with various associations such as the Malaysian Medical Association, Malaysian Orthopaedic Association, and AO Trauma.
Shoulder Replacement Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Shoulder Replacement - Most Frequently Asked Questions
উপলভ্য বিকল্পগুলি হ'ল নন-স্টেরয়েডাল অ্যান্টি-ইনফ্লেমেটরি ড্রাগস (এন.এস.এ.আই.ডি), রোগ-সংশোধনকারী অ্যান্টি-রিউম্যাটিক ড্রাগ (ডি.এম.এ.আর.ডি), স্টেরয়েড ইনজেকশন এবং ফিজিওথেরাপি।
Usually, it is observed that shoulder replacement lasts for around 10 years or more after this time it may loosen or wear out.
Diabetes doesn't seem to raise risks after shoulder replacement.Increasing age and history of cardiac disease increases the risk of cardiac complication after shoulder replacement.If you have high blood pressure and if it is under control, there is no reason to worry about not having a safe and successful surgery.Even if your blood pressure becomes elevated during surgery you will be given intravenous medication to reduce it.Consult your cardiologist if you are planning to undergo the surgery beacuse some medicine doses are modified accordingly.
Usually it is not required.
The available options are Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), Disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDs), Steroid Injections and Physiotherapy.
Shoulder replacement surgery is a procedure which reduces or try to reduce the source of pain and disfunction of shoulder by repairing the damaged part of shoulder joint.
The most common reasons for shoulder replacement surgery are osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and avascular necrosis. This process will help you in getting relieve from pain and also improves your muscle strength and increase your range of motion.
The prosthesis used in shoulder replacement is being made of a humeral ball in which a special type of stainless steel is being attached which is made of titanium and it keeps the ball attached to your arm while a polyethylene cup s used for replacing the glenoid socket.
You can be the candidate for shoulder replacement surgery if:
- Shoulder pain is severe which is interfering with daily life activities.
- There is no relief even after trying anti-inflammatory medicines, cortisone injection or physiotherapy
- You’ve tried anti-inflammatory medications, cortisone injections and physical therapy with no relief.
Some of the advantages of shoulder replacement surgery are:
- Pain relief and improved range of motion and function.
- You will get to relieve from pain and movement also improved.
During the Shoulder Replacement - Most Frequently Asked Questions
The patient will be staying in hospital for five days.
It will usually takes 2 hours.
Your consultation visit and initial appointment with the orthopedic surgeon will include a series of x-rays, a physical examination and a thorough review of your medical history. By physical examination you will get to know about the source of pain and the decrease range of motion. While the x ray examination reveals bone spur, the damaged joint surfaces and the narrow joint spaces. In case if there was any trauma or injury the x ray will help in evaluating whether it can be fixed r it is needed to be replaced.
You will get enough time to plan for the surgery a series of tests should be done one to two weeks before the surgery. The test include blood test, electrocardiogram, if you are taking some medications you will be told to discontinue such as any anti-inflammatory medication.
It will take almost 2 hours for shoulder replacement surgery to be done, it will take one to two hour for you to recover completely from general anesthesia.
You will be under general anesthesia to keep you asleep.
In shoulder replacement surgery, a plastic lining is attached to the socket to allow smooth movement a top of the arm bone is being removed and metal stem with a ball on the end is inserted. If your rotator cuff is being damaged and the joint may not be stable or work properly.
After Shoulder Replacement - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Can usually return to desk work within 2-4 weeks from the time of surgery but that heavier work is restricted for four months or more, depends on the strength, progress of the shoulder.
After being transported to your room your vitals will be evaluated and your arms will be placed in sling position for the first 24 hours after surgery. After coming from hospital you will be able to move and get out of the bed. You should wear loose fitting clothes.
The result of the procedure will depend on your performance it depends on the stretching and strengthening of the muscles with time. It basically depends on your activity level.
Some of the complications of the procedure include infection, nerve Injury, dislocation and some prosthesis related problems.
After discharge you should limit yourself from lifting any heavier object whose weight is more than a glass of water. You should avoid placing arm in extreme position for the first six weeks after surgery, you should not stretch to the outside and behind your neck. You must be go regularly to your therapist, for strengthening your muscles.
The recovery period varies from person to person and also depend on the type of surgery you had.
If you are experiencing any symptoms such as fever, decreased of motion, redness, swelling or increase in pain or change in sensation or movement after your nerve block is cleared, then you should immediately contact your doctor.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Shoulder Replacement
FAQ videos related to Shoulder Replacement
Our patient's testimonials related to Orthopaedic And Joint Replacement Surgeon
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Shoulder Replacement in other countries, compared to Malaysia?
Approximate price of Shoulder Replacement in other countries compared to Malaysia is:
- India, USD 6000 to USD 9000, approximately 50% lower than Malaysia
- Turkey, USD 4000 to USD 6000, approximately 67% lower than Malaysia
- Thailand, USD 5600 to USD 8400, approximately 53% lower than Malaysia
- Germany, USD 19200 to USD 28800, approximately 60% higher than Malaysia
- Israel, USD 8000 to USD 12000, approximately 33% lower than Malaysia
- Singapore, USD 9600 to USD 14400, approximately 20% lower than Malaysia