Scoliosis Spine Surgery Cost In United Arab EmiratesChat
What is Scoliosis Spine Surgery?
Scoliosis Spine Surgery is done to realign and fuse the curved vertebrae so that they heal into a single, solid bone.
Scoliosis surgeons can improve curves significantly with the tools and technology available today.
How is the Procedure Performed?
Scoliosis spine surgery involves several small incisions along the back. The surgeon then inserts a device called a tubular retractor.
This lets the surgeon reach the spine with small tools, and screws are attached to the spine to help make it straighter.
Who is the Right Doctor for Scoliosis Spine Surgery?
The right doctor to consult for Scoliosis Spine Surgery is a Spine Surgeon and an Orthopedic Surgeon.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate varies between 71-74%.
The cost of Scoliosis includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost (X-ray or MRI may be done to evaluate the spine)
Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
Types of Surgery - Spinal fusion, Laminectomy, Foraminotomy, Diskectomy, Disk replacement, Interlaminal implantation, Scoliosis correction and fixation of a damaged or broken spine
Medicine cost (anti-inflammatory, painkillers, etc.)
Physiotherapy (a few sessions are required in case of Spine Surgery)
Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or Single room)
The severity of the disease
Post-surgical complication, if it happens (such as Nerve injury or Paralysis)
Cost of Blood products (if required)
Age of the patient
An extended stay at the hospital
Cost of accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Help Us With Patient Details
Images Related To Scoliosis Spine Surgery
Types of Spinal deformities.
Types of Scoliosis.
Overview of Scoliosis treatment.
Scoliosis treatment procedure.
Top hospitals and doctors for Scoliosis Spine Surgery in United Arab EmiratesFilter
Showing 25 Hospitals and doctors for Scoliosis Spine Surgery in United Arab Emirates
Burjeel Hospital, Dubai
- The Burjeel hospital, Dubai was established in 2007 by the renowned Dr. Shamsheer Vayalil in collaboration with Dr. Samih Tarabichi.
- It has received numerous awards, to name few, it was awarded as the Best Asian Healthcare Brand by The Economic Times, Awarded the Best Laboratory design by Hospital Build & Infrastructure the Middle East, also received a recognition award from Al Hosn Gas for their contribution and support to the Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign, appreciation Award from IDEA Annual Students Education Exhibition and many more.
- The hospital comprises of a well trained and dynamic team of specialists well equipped with the latest equipment and laminar airflow systems to maintain internationally accepted sterility norms that minimize the risk of infection.
- Efficiently manages all types of diagnostic & therapeutic procedures such as knee replacement, hip replacement arthritis, revision surgeries, Neuro-physiology, Specialized physiotherapy, Comprehensive Rehabilitation services, etc.
- Burjeel is a 209 patient bedded hospital with a 14-bed ICU and 10 operating rooms. There are also Royal Suites of 6000 sq.ft. each and Presidential Suites of 3000 sq.ft.
Prime Hospital, Dubai
- Prime Hospital, Dubai is a multi-speciality hospital set up in 1999 that is now counted among the leading healthcare facilities in the United Arab Emirates.
- The hospital has been accredited by the Joint Commission International (JCI) in 2016 and by the Australian Council on Healthcare Standards (ACHS) in 2019.
- Prime Hospital, Dubai offers treatments in +30 departments, has a capacity of 100 beds and is equipped with the latest medical and surgical equipments.
- The hospital's other infrastructure includes, an adult ICU, an emergency ward, state-of-the-art pathology and catheterisation lab, neonatal and pediatric ICU, maternity and pediatric floors, a day surgery unit and a family clinic.
- Prime Hospital, Dubai has an expert team of surgeons and doctors. Its medical staff is also highly trained and follows safety standards that are at par with those in other parts of the world.
- The hospital has been constructed in accordance with the American Institute of Architects Hospital Architecture (AIA) guidelines and as per international quality accreditation standards.
- The hospital offers special offers for payment without charging interest.
- Prime Hospital, Dubai offers Prime Homecare, an offering of diagnostic and medical services for those confined to homes. These are provided by a licensed team from the hospital who are as competent in delivering the services.
- The hospital premises are aesthetically done, spacious and well-lit. It has a spacious lounge.
- The hospital offers deluxe and premier stay options. It has a cafeteria too.
Lifecare Hospital, Musaffah
- Lifecare Hospital at Musaffah in Abu Dhabi is an accredited hospital that provides cost-effective healthcare services without compromising quality medical and surgical care.
- It is a multispecialty hospital with 21 Departments offering Cardiology, Pulmonology, Dermatology, Neurology and Neurosciences, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Gastroenterology etc.
- It is a customer centric hospital that gives personalised care with dedicated physicians and medical staff to meet the growing needs of the people in UAE.
- It constantly innovates and keeps abreast of the latest developments in the healthcare sector and adopt best practices with world class technologies and infrastructure to cater the best to the patients.
- Its quality services is evident through the JCI Accreditation received in 2015 and ISO 9001:2015 Certiifcation in 2016.
- It has a partnership with insurances like Oman, Daman, Amity, Nextcare etc.
Doctors for Scoliosis Spine Surgery in United Arab Emirates
NeurologistSenior Consultant, 34 years of experience
- Dr. Fadel Fouad Gendy has earned the reputation of a leading Neurosurgeon with his surgical and consultative practice spanning over 34 years.
- After his graduation from Cairo University he also earned his PG. He then earned his MD and PhD qualifications from Ein Shams University, Cairo. Dr. Gendy went on to achieve further training at Vienna University, Austria and New Jersey, the USA. He also received training in cervical spine surgery from Barcelona University in Spain and for microsurgery at Columbia University in New York.
- Dr. Gendy is a leading neurosurgeon who performs surgeries for brain tumour, spinal tumour, spinal fixation, spinal trauma and head trauma. He is a leading medical professional for minimally invasive spine surgeries, back and neck pain, congenital anomalies of the brain and spinal cord in children and disc herniation. He also treats disc diseases, stroke, epilepsy and brain hemorrhage.
- He has attended many national and international conferences and presented several papers.
NeurosurgeonVisiting Consultant, 35 years of experience
- Dr. Muhammed Chishti is a renowned and established Neurosurgeon with +35 years of experience in the field.
- He has done his MBBS from Dow Medical College University of Karachi, Pakistan. In 1982, he went to UK where he obtained fellowships from Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh and Royal College of Surgeons and Physicians Glasgow. Here, he completed his training and obtained his Intercollegiate Neurosurgery fellowship from Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh in 1989.
- Dr. Chishti is an expert neurosurgeon, known to treat brain tumors, aneurism and AVM, hydrocephalus, craniosynostosis with all type of cranial trauma. In spine, he has extensive experience in degenerative spinal disease, spinal tumors, infections and spinal dysraphism.
- He has acquired extensive experience in these 30 years, especially during his stint in Pakistan, where he even treated cases from Afghanistan.
NeurosurgeonConsultant, 24 years of experience
- Dr. Nicandro Figueiredo is a leading Spinal Neurosurgeon with +24 years of experience in the field of neurosurgery and orthopedic surgery.
- He holds professional memberships of the, North American Spine Society, the AO Spine (Switzerland), Brazilian Spine and Neurosurgical Society and the UAE Neurosurgical Society among other affiliations.
- Dr. Figueiredo completed his medical school from the University of Brasilia, followed by residency at the Base Hospital of Brasilia and PG too. In 1997, he also underwent a post-residency training at the Johns Hopkins Hospital and New York University, in USA. Between 1999-00, he earned fellowships from the Johns Hopkins and the University of Wisconsin Hospital, USA.
- He is a reputed neurosurgeon, with expertise to perform spinal surgeries in children and adults, spinal deformity corrections/trauma/percutaneous kyphoplasty/tumours/cysts/infections. Some of the other surgeries he performs are, minimally invasive spinal surgeries, microsurgery, spinal fusion, arthroplasty techniques, spinal neuronavigation and O-arm for 3D intraoperative image acquisition.
- Besides his surgical practice, Dr. Figueiredo also pursues his academic interests. He is a Visiting Professor of Neurosurgery for the Medical School and Residency Program of Neurosurgery, at the University of Cuiaba, in Brazil.
- Dr. Figueiredo also attends national and international conferences, where he speaks, instructs or is invited as a guest.
- Prof. Figueiredo has many published papers and book chapters to his name. He is the Academic Editor of the section of spinal surgery, Journal Medicine®, USA, and a reviewer of many other medical journals.
Scoliosis Spine Surgery Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Scoliosis Spine Surgery - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Mild cases of scoliosis may not need treatment. But, moderate to severe scoliosis that is left untreated can lead to pain and increasing deformity, as well as potential heart and lung damage. Also, if it is the case of a young child, the deformity increases drastically with hormone changes happening during puberty.
Spinal fusion for idiopathic scoliosis is an extensive surgery that is often only considered as a last option. However, it is a major surgery and a big decision that should not be made without first considering all options.
The choice of when to have surgery will vary. After the bones of the skeleton stop growing, the curve should not get much worse. Because of this, the surgeon may wait until your child's bones stop growing. Your child may need surgery before this if the curve in the spine is severe or is getting worse quickly.
A hump in Scoliosis is usually due to the twisted spine becoming prominent or the bent of the ribs. Surgery makes this bent smaller but it will not totally disappear. The surgeon can give the exact picture of how much deformity will be improved after the surgery.
Rarely does adult scoliosis alone cause paralysis or other severe neurologic problems, but it can be associated with lumbar stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal or tube where the nerves lay), which can result in nerve irritation, leg pain and possibly weakness.
Yes, conceiving is not generally hindered after this surgery unless some other limiting factors are also involved. This surgery also does not mean that such women will have to undergo only C-section for delivery as it does not affect undergoing natural birth process.
The length of the scar from spinal fusion surgery depends on the area and number of vertebra that are fused. It also depends on whether posterior or anterior approach has been used for surgery.In the posterior approach, you can typically expect a single scar of 6-12 inches while in the anterior approach, there could be 3-4 incisions measuring nearly 4-6 inches. However, this length varies from person to person
Some patients have back pain after the spinal fusion surgery. It is normally in the upper back or lower spine region. However, it can be easily treated with exercise and other simple measures like medications. But in some cases revision surgery to ease back pain or remove the implants may be required.
Spinal fusion surgery reduces the flexibility of the back but this depends on which region of your back is fused and the length of the spine involved.Surgeries in upper cervical region limit movements of the neck while those in the middle impact forward bending slightly. Surgeries in the lumbar region affect flexibility and restrict certain movements.
Yes, you may need spine surgery if your spine curve is greater than 45 to 50 degree because it may become worse when you grow up it can cause deformity in your back or may affect the functioning of your lungs.
Spinal scoliosis is a very successful surgery which helps in preventing the growth of spine.
As spinal bones protect the spinal cord, your surgeon will make your bone straight as long as it is safe. The degree of correction of the surgery depend on the flexibility of your scoliosis before surgery. If your curve is more flexible you will get more correction from surgery.
After the surgery you will have more pain than before but it will resolve with a period of few weeks to months. Most people get relief from back pain at one year after surgery as it was before.
Scoliosis surgery can correct your spine by 40 to 65% and it totally depends on your flexibility of your spine, type and size of the curve and their age.
During the Scoliosis Spine Surgery - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Usually it takes four to six hours.
Hospital stay is usually for 6 days.
In spinal fusion surgery the curved vertebrae fuses and form into a single and solid growth. The bone growth will be stopped to prevent the curve from getting worse. Bone grafts are being placed between the bones to help on fusion when the bone grows together then a broken bone starts healing.
Spine surgery will take around 4 to 8 hours depending on the size of patient’s curve and the amount of spine which needs to be fused.
This surgery is being done during the growing year of the child, rods are attached to the spine for correcting and maintaining the curvature of the spine. In every six to twelve month the child has to be taken for another surgery for lengthening of the rod. Once patient gets close to skeletal maturity, spinal fusion will usually happen.
After Scoliosis Spine Surgery - Most Frequently Asked Questions
A brace supports the spine and keeps it immobilized after surgery to enhance healing. With modern instrumentation techniques, the need for a rigid brace is much reduced. A corset or a soft brace can be used to support the muscles.
Spinal surgery for scoliosis is a major operation and requires long recovery period. During this time post operative visits and follow up checkups are a must to ensure that the recovery is on track. The patient is called for follow up on 12 day of the surgery to remove any stitches and patient can return to home country after that.
Depending on your age you might be ready to return to work or school around 4 to 6 weeks after surgery. This timescale is different for each person. Many patients will be back to normal activity levels around 3 after surgery.
The intensity of pain after surgery varies from patient to patient, as surgery is a major procedure it involves movement of muscles and realigning of the skeleton. Usually the first few days of the surgery are uncomfortable but most people are able to move by third or fourth day of surgery.
If rods are being used in fusion they are not usually removed, very few people require removal of rod. When removal of rod is needed there can be lot of reason for it such as a infection or breakage of rod.
The portion which is being fused in your back is permanently stiff, most people usually works from the unfused portion in their lower back. If you are participating in any activity in which lot of flexibility is being required then it may take time to adapt.
You should limit yourself from avoiding lifting any heavy objects and you have to reduce the level of bending for the first 6 weeks after surgery.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Spine Surgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals