Sarcoma Treatment Cost In United Arab EmiratesChat
What is Sarcoma?
Sarcoma, a cancerous tumor, develops in bone and soft tissue. Soft tissues support other body structures, including muscle, fat, tendons, cartilage, ligaments, blood vessels, and nerves.
Sarcomas can form in various parts of the body, including:
- Lower extremities (legs, ankles, feet) (40%)
- Upper extremities (shoulders, arms, wrists, hands) (15%)
- Trunk/chest wall/abdomen/pelvis (30%)
- Head and neck (15%)
How is the Procedure Performed?
Surgery is performed by a wide local excision, leaving a margin of healthy tissue at the edges, removing the tumor without leaving any microscopic disease. Sometimes, the affected limb is amputated as the best and safest option.
Radiation therapy, chemotherapy, or targeted therapy may also be performed with other treatments.
Who is the Right Doctor for Sarcoma Treatment?
Surgical Oncologists and Orthopedic Oncologists specialize in treating sarcomas using surgery.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The 5-year survival rate for sarcoma is 65%. Among the 60% of sarcomas found as localized sarcoma, the 5-year survival rate is 81%.
The cost of Sarcoma treatment includes:
- Preoperative diagnostic tests cost may include [Biopsy, X-ray, etc.]
- Surgery cost (Depends upon the type and size of the tumour and the extent to which the tumour has spread)
- Post-Operative cost (there might be a need for chemotherapy or Radiotherapy before or post-surgery)
- Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
- Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
- The stage and type of cancer
- Patients may require repeated investigation through PET CT and related tests Post-surgery / Chemotherapy / Radiation Therapy
- Any additional tests may be required to know the status of the disease during the course of treatment
- An extended stay at the Hospital
- Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident [may take longer duration in case of chemotherapy or radiotherapy sessions]
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Sarcoma Treatment in United Arab EmiratesFilter
Showing 25 Hospitals and doctors for Sarcoma Treatment in United Arab Emirates
NMC Speciality Hospital, Al Nadah
- NMC Speciality Hospital, Al Nadah is part of NMC Healthcare which is the largest private healthcare company in the UAE and is one of the leading fertility service providers in the world.
- Being a multi-speciality hospital it aims to provide the best healthcare facility and services to the people of Dubai and the Northern Emirates.
- It has 52 specialities including Orthopaedic, Spine and Joint Surgery, Advance & Minimally Invasive Surgery, Ayurveda, Podiatry, Lactation Services, Speech Therapy etc.
- The Hospital has a well-equipped laboratory and state of the art equipment.
- The hospital serves as the referral centre of choice for smaller medical centres and clinics in Dubai and surrounding areas.
- The in-house pharmacy is open 24 hours every day of the week and Specialist doctors are available for consultation and treatment round-the-clock.
- NMC Healthcare has won several awards and recognitions such as Gold Stevie Award 2016, Superbrands 2016-2017, Sheikh Khalifa Excellence Award 2016-2017 to name a few.
- It has an International patients Centre that is a dedicated team of internationally trained and certified medical experts, assisted by trained nurses and paramedics who are known for their high-standard and quality care.
- It has tie-ups with international health insurances such as Allianz, Henner, Inter mutuelles Assistance, Deutsche Assistance etc.
- It is a member of Dubai Health Experience.
- It is accredited by JCI and the Asian Society of Hernia Surgery.
Thumbay Hospital, Dubai
- Thumbay Hospital, Dubai was established in 2015 as a multi-speciality hospital and is one of the five such hospitals of the Thumbay Group.
- Thumbay Hospital, Dubai is a leading choice of patients as it has earned a reputation for offering world-class healthcare to people from across the globe. The hospital boasts of having treated patients from +175 countries and is accredited by the Ministry of Health, UAE, the Medical Tourism Association, Association of Academic Health Centers, the International Hospital Federation and the Asian Hospital Federation among others.
- It has also received the Dubai Quality Appreciation Award, Dubai Human Development & Appreciation Award and Sheikh Khalifa Excellence Award.
- The doctors and medical staff themselves hail from +20 different countries and speak over 50 languages.
- Thumbay Hospital, Dubai is accredited by the International Board of Medicine & Surgery, the International Hospital Federation and the Medical Tourism Association and other bodies too.
- There are +20 specialities at the JCI-accredited hospital.
- The facility has a capacity of 150 beds and has a dedicated Marhaba Lounge which is set up to offer personalised care in less time. This is a dedicated service aimed at minimising time loss and inconvenience of patients. Patients opting for this package are given priority with registration, consultation, examination/diagnosis, surgeries, documentation and billing, thus making the patient's health visit at Thumbay Hospital a pleasant experience.
- Thumbay Hospital, Dubai is equipped with the latest medical equipments such as, Picture Archiving and Communication System for radiology, labs that are accredited by the College of American Pathologists, individual waiting rooms for men and women and category-wise wards as per the budget of the patient.
- The hospital's dedicated medical tourism section offers services to overseas patients by resolving their queries and addressing other concerns.
- The hospital is modern and equipped with Wifi. It is clean, spacious and has shops, ATMs and a lounge area.
Al Zahra Hospital, Dubai
- Al Zahra Hospital, Dubai is one of the pioneering healthcare providers that serves both national and international patients with personalised and evidence-based medical care.
- It is a multispecialty hospital with JCI accreditations. It is also CAP Accredited.
- The physicians are highly-skilled with board certification and accreditation and from different parts of the globe.
- It provides a high standard medical and surgical treatment with state-of-the-art technologies to ensure patients receive world-class care and exceptional comfort.
- It is a choice of destination for people from the GCC, North and West Africa, China and some European countries for preventive, tertiary, and secondary healthcare needs.
- Some of its numerous achievements and awards include Service Olympian Awards, 2017 Stevie Silver Winner on International Business, 2018 Winner of Annual Health Magazine Awards.
- It is a member of the Dubai Health Experience.
- It has a partnership with insurance agencies like NOW Health International, NEXT Care, NAS, Mednet etc
Doctors for Sarcoma Treatment in United Arab Emirates
Medical OncologistConsultant, 10 years of experience
- Dr. Dhanaraju Muniswamy is a reputed Medical Oncologist, practicing for more than 10 years in his field.
- He is a gold medalist and the best outgoing student in his super specialty course of DM Medical Oncology.
- He was the first Medical Oncologist that worked in the Hospital in Maldives.
- He has expertise in the management of cases: like breast cancers, gastrointestinal oncology, lung problems, Lymphomas, preventive oncology, and targeted and immunotherapy.
- He helped create awareness by conducting cancer screening camps and providing oncological services. He was also among the governing members of the start of the cancer registry in the country.
- As an author, he has over 10 publications in various indexed national and international journals.
- He has won the ISMPO paper presentation.
Medical OncologistConsultant, 15 years of experience
- Dr. Batool Mamdouh Aboud has over 15 years of clinical experience as a leading Medical Oncologist.
- Her specialization is Gastrointestinal cancer (including oesophagus, gastric, colon, rectal, liver and pancreas), Solid and Haematology malignancy and Solid Tumour (especially gastrointestinal tract tumour).
- Dr. Batool Mamdouh Aboud is a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, the Syrian Board in Medical Oncology, the Syrian Oncology Society, the Emirate Oncology Society and the Emirates Medical Association.
- She graduated from Damascus University, Syria with an MS (2006).
- Dr. Batool Mamdouh Aboud has a Master's degree (2011) in medical oncology from the Minister of Higher Education, Syria.
Medical OncologistConsultant, 27 years of experience
- Dr. Urfan Ul Haq is a renowned Medical Oncologist with nearly 27 years of work experience to his credit.
- He is a member of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP), UK and the European Society of Medical Oncology.
He completed his graduation (MBBS) from Ayub Medical College in 1994 and further went on to complete his European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO) certification.
He even pursued his UK Medical Oncology subspecialty certification. He was even granted a Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (FCPS) Fellowship in Pakistan.
Dr. Urfan Ul Haq is an instructor at Advanced Life Support (ALS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and strongly believes in sharing his professional knowledge at the same centre.
His areas of special expertise include administering all kinds of tumours, especially breast. He additionally carries out colorectal and targeted therapy as well.
- He is actively involved in research work and has numerous publications in National and International journals to his credit.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals