Retinal Detachment Treatment Cost In ThailandChat
What is Retinal Detachment?
Retinal detachment describes an emergency situation in which a thin layer of tissue (the retina) at the back of the eye pulls away from the layer of blood vessels that provides it with oxygen and nutrients. Retinal detachment is often accompanied by flashes and floaters in the vision.
Who is the Right Doctor for Retinal Detachment Treatment?
The right doctor to consult for Retinal detachment is an Ophthalmologist.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate varies between 72-92%.
How is the Procedure Performed?
One method of retinal detachment repair is pneumatic retinopexy. In this procedure, a gas bubble is injected into the eye. The bubble presses against the detached retina and pushes it back into place. A laser or cryotherapy is then used to reattach the retina firmly into place.
Cost related to Retinal Detachment Treatment in Thailand
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Retinal Detachment Surgery||USD 3600 to USD 4400|
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Retinal Detachment Treatment in ThailandFilter
Showing 40 Hospitals and doctors for Retinal Detachment Treatment in Thailand
- Established in 1972, the Bangkok Hospital is one of the first private hospitals in Thailand; it has now established its reputation as a tertiary care hospital dedicated especially to Cancer and Cardiology.
- It has Centres & Clinics committed to comprehensive treatment in different medical and surgical departments such as Cardiology, Cancer, Orthopaedics & Spine Surgery, Neurology & Neuroscience, Fertility, Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Dentistry, Geriatric, Gastroenterology, Liver, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, and ENT.
- It offers several Health Packages on Fertility, Plastic Surgery, Lasik Eye Surgery, Hip & Knee Surgery, Obesity, Vascular Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery and many more.
- It is equipped with the latest cutting-edge technologies some of which are - the 256-Slice Multi-Detector CT Scan, Cardiovascular MRI, the first Cartosound in Thailand, LINAC, the ARTIS Pheno machine, PET/CT Scan, and a New X-RAY Biplane Imaging (EOS).
- Having the ultimate "Hybrid Operating Room Full Function", enables the hospital to improve accuracy making it a leader in heart surgery.
- The Hospital has been awarded various accreditations by the Joint Commission International (JCI) in Programmes such as Traumatic Brain Injury, Total Knee Replacement, Acute Coronary Syndrome, Primary Stroke, Low Back Pain, Diabetes Type 2, Breast Cancer Conserving, and Heart Failure.
- It has also received the Hospital Accreditation of Thailand, Asian Hospital Management Award, Global Health Asia-Pacific Awards, and a Dual Medical Transport Accreditation i.e CAMTS USA and CAMTS GLOBAL.
- It provides International Medical Services for foreign patients by assisting them in language translations, special diets, accommodation, liaising with embassies or organisations, and free medical consultations via internet.
Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital, Bangkok
- Established in 1979, Samitivej Hospital is one of the leading private hospital groups in Thailand and SEA and is accredited by JCI.
- It is the first Hospital outside Japan to be accredited with the Japan Council for Quality Health Care (JCQHC) award.
- Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital is part of the seven private hospitals owned by the Bangkok Dusit Medical Services (BDMS), a leading and trusted private healthcare service provider in Thailand and ASEAN countries.
- It is a 275-bed tertiary care hospital with more than 40 Speciality Centres, namely, the Liver & Digestive Institute, Women's Health Centre including Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Bone, Joint, and Spine Centre, Surgery Clinic, Heart Institute, Bone Marrow & Stem Cell Transplantation Centre, Breast Centre, Fertility Centre, Hair Restoration Medical centre, Knee Health Centre, Neurology Centre, Oncology Centre to mention a few.
- Moreover, there is a Children's Hospital that is dedicated to comprehensive Paediatric care covering Newborns, GI, Oncology, Orthopaedics, Oncology, and others. It is the first private children's hospital in Thailand.
- In 1998, it was certified by UNICEF, WHO, the Department of Health, and the Ministry of Public Health, as a mother and baby-friendly hospital.
- It is one of the favourite medical destinations for both the nationals and expats, along with tourists from around the world providing international quality services and facilities. It was awarded the Top 5 World's Best Hospital for Medical Tourism for 2018 by the Medical Travel Quality Alliance.
- It has been a recipient of many awards, namely, Hospital of the Year by the Thailand Healthcare Asia Awards 2020, The Model Private Hospital Award 2020 for being the top private hospital for academic activity in Thailand, and Best Corporate Hospital Award 2019.
- It was also awarded Thailand's Prime Minister Award for the Most Recognized Service in 2004.
- The hospital is equipped with cutting-edge technologies to diagnose and treat patients with accuracy through a Magnetic Resonance Imaging machine (MRI), 640-slice CT scanner with less radiation, Mammogram, Bone Mineral Density (BMD) analysis, Lower abdominal Ultrasound for Men (Testicle Ultrasound), Cranial Ultrasound for infant, Intravenous Pyelography (IVP) and many more.
- It has a team that assists international patients from finding the right doctor to aftercare at home.
Vejthani Hospital Bangkok, Thailand
- Vejthani Hospital, established in 1994, is one of the leading private international hospitals in Thailand that provides JCI-accredited quaternary health care services.
- Cutting-edge medical technologies, internationally trained specialists, world-class health care standards, and authentic Thai hospitality are their key competencies.
- The hospital serves over 300,000 patients from over 100 countries annually with over 200 inpatient beds.
- Providing a team of knowledgeable translators ensures they are able to communicate effectively in over 20 languages, aptly resolving issues regarding barriers to communication in healthcare.
- Over 300 specialists across multiple specialties at Vejthani Hospital provide a comprehensive range of quaternary medical services, including bone marrow transplant, total joint replacement surgery, kidney transplant, plastic surgery, dental, skin & laser treatment, spine surgery, and gastrointestinal disorder treatment.
- Vejthani Hospital has received one of the highest numbers of Clinical Care Program Certifications (CCPCs) from Joint Commission International (JCI) in the United States, which accredits top-tier hospitals that achieve the highest facilitation for patient safety.
- Vejthani Hospital’s clinical care programs for Diabetes Type II, Hepatitis B, Knee Replacement, and Lumbar Decompression and Fixation have received JCI CCPC.
- As two of the certified fields are subcategories of orthopedics, makes it is popular for patients to claim that the hospital patients gave the hospital the title ‘The King of Bones.
- Vejthani Hospital is the first hospital in the world to receive Hepatitis B CCPC and is the first in Southeast Asia to receive Lumbar Decompression and Fixation CCPC.
Doctors for Retinal Detachment Treatment in Thailand
OphthalmologistConsultant, 47 years of experience
- Dr. Chate Kietrsunthorn is a veteran and a skilled Ophthalmologist with a strong practice of +47 years performing refractive surgeries.
- He completed his MD in 1974 from Chulalongkorn University, Thailand and then earned a diplomate certification from the American Board of Ophthalmology in 1987 and a fellowship in 1989 from the International College of Surgeon, USA.
- Dr. Kietrsunthorn is a specialised medical professional of refractive surgeries, cataract, LASIK and Excimer LASER.
OphthalmologistConsultant, 28 years of experience
- Dr. Apiwat Pothikamjohn is an experienced and a skilled Ophthalmologist with +28 years of experience in ophthalmic surgery.
- In 1993, he completed his MD from Mahidol University and then in 1995 did his fellowship from SNEC Clinical and Research Overseas Fellowship in Cornea and Refractive Surgery, Singapore National Eye Centre. In 1997, he also did a diploma from Mahidol University and yet another diploma from the Thai Board of Ophthalmology.
- Dr. Pothikamjohn is an expert at cornea and external disease refractive surgeries. He is sought after to perform refractive surgeries such as, LASIK, photorefractive keratectom, astigmatic keratotomy, laser thermal keratoplasty, intracorneal ring, conductive keratoplasty, automated lamellar keratoplasty and radial keratotomy.
- Some of the cornea procedures he undertakes are, cornea transplant/phototherapeutic keratectomy/pterygium surgeries among others.
- He also treats blepharitis, ocular pemphigoid, limbal stem cell deficiency, trichiasis, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy and atopic conjunctivitis.
OphthalmologistConsultant, 21 years of experience
- Dr. Chantaras Waiwanitkul is a senior and a well-known Ophthalmologist with +21 years of experience in the field of aesthetic and reconstructive ophthalmic procedures.
- She did her MD in 2000 from the Chulalongkorn University and then in 2006, a diploma from the Thai Board of Ophthalmology, The Medical Council of Thailand, followed by a certificate in from the Chulalongkorn University.
- Dr. Waiwanitkul is a leading ophthalmic surgeon for oculoplastic and orbital surgery caused by congenital anomalies, injuries to the eyelids, tear ducts, and the orbit. She also treats entropion, ectropion, ptosis, blepharoplasty, removal of eyelid tumours, canthal resection, canthoplasty, canthoplasty Tarsorrhaphy and canthectomy. Some of the other procedures she undertakes are, dacryocystorhinostomy and eye removal. She also does orbital prosthetics and decompression.
Retinal Detachment Treatment Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Retinal Detachment Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
The most common cause of retinal detachment happens when there's a small tear in your retina. Eye fluid called vitreous can travel through the tear and collect behind the retina. It then pushes the retina away, detaching it from the back of your eye.
A detached retina is a serious problem because it can cause blurred vision and sometimes blindness if not treated on time.
You may be told not to eat or drink anything after midnight on the day of your surgery. Your provider will tell you what medicines to take or not take on the day of your surgery.
No, the surgery is not painful because it is done under anesthesia.
A vitrectomy is a procedure done to repair serious retinal detachments. It requires removing the vitreous gel inside the eye. The vitrectomy may release the tension on the retina, allowing it to move back into its proper position where it can be reattached.
Yes, you may need surgery immediately if you have got a detached retina. In case of retinal detachment surgery there is presence of a small tear or hole in retina it can retina to lift just like wallpaper falling from a wall.
In retinal detachment surgery your doctor will put a flexible wand around the white portion of your eyes known as sclera and the band gently pushes gently on the sides of your eyes and moves them inward towards your retina which helps in reattaching the retina.
If a large part of your retina is being detached from your eyes, then you need to undergo surgery to move your retina back to its place. The treatment for retinal detachment works mainly if the detached retina is seen early.
Retinal detachment surgery is an eye condition which is seen when your retina, which is a layer of tissue seen at the back of your eye processes light and pulls away from the tissues near it. As your retina doesn’t work properly you can notice permanent loss of vision if you don’t treat it.
Some of the symptoms of detached retina are flashes of light, new floaters and presence of darkness over your vision.
In retinal detachment surgery your doctor will give you an eye drop to widen your pupil and they will use a special tool to check whether your retina is detached or not.
During the Retinal Detachment Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Generally, the surgery lasts between 45 minutes to two hours.
Retinal surgery is usually painless and performed while you remain awake and comfortable. Before the procedure begins, you will be given anesthetic eye drops that numb the eyes.
No, the surgeon will not remove your eye to do the surgery. He will use tiny microsurgical instruments and place them through the white part of the eye.
Pars plana vitrectomy is the most common surgery performed for a retinal detachment.
Retinal detachment surgery is safe if done properly. Otherwise, it can provide permanent damage to your vision.
Retinal detachment usually takes 10-20 minutes to be done and surgical attachment of retina takes about one and half to two hours.
In retinal detachment surgery, local or general anaesthesia is being used. A gas bubble is being injected into the cavity of your eye, then pressure will force retina back to its position.
In retinal detachment surgery, surgeon will put a numbing medicine in your eye. Then a tiny needle is being inserted into your eye to remove a small amount of fluid and then a small amount of air is being injected into your eye. At last laser treatment is used for repairing any holes or tears in your eyes.
After Retinal Detachment Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
This will vary depending on how you feel. This time usually lasts one to three hours, depending on the duration of the surgery.
You may have some pain in your eye, and your vision may be blurry for a few days after the surgery. Your eye may be swollen, red, or tender for several weeks.
After 24 hours of the surgery, you can take a shower. Keep your head in a special position, face down, try to maintain this as much as possible while you are showering. Do not scrub your head vigorously. Avoid getting soap and water in your eye.
You may want to use a washcloth to wash your face gently. Wear sunglasses during the day. You may have to wear an eye patch or shield for a few days.
You should sleep on either side or even your front, but not sleep on your back as that would make the bubble move away from the macular hole.
If you get to know about a hole or tear in your retina but your retina has not started to detach then there is an option of laser surgery, in laser surgery surgeon points a laser beam into your eyes so that tiny burns are being created around the hole. It will cause tear to prevent from developing into a retina detachment.
It will need few weeks to check how good or bad your vision is after surgery. The best result is seen if the repair is done just before the center part of retina known as macula detaches. There are chances that in some cases you can loose your sight. If you notice any sudden changes in your vision or if you start seeing some dots appearing before your eyes or some flashes then you should immediately contact your doctor.
Retinal detachment surgery involves some of the risks such as infection, bleeding, higher pressure inside your eyes and presence of fogging of the lens in your eyes.
You should visit your doctor immediately if you see any flashes of light or any other changes in your vision. If you are having diabetes or high blood pressure then keep them in control because these will help in keeping the blood vessels in your retina healthy.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Ophthalmologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Retinal Detachment
More searches related to Retinal Detachment Treatment
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Retinal Detachment in other countries, compared to Thailand?
Approximate price of Retinal Detachment in other countries compared to Thailand is:
- India, USD 800 to USD 1200, approximately 75% lower than Thailand
- Turkey, USD 2000 to USD 3000, approximately 38% lower than Thailand
- Germany, USD 4800 to USD 7200, approximately 50% higher than Thailand
- Israel, USD 5200 to USD 7800, approximately 63% higher than Thailand
- Singapore, USD 4000 to USD 6000, approximately 25% higher than Thailand
- Malaysia, USD 1600 to USD 2400, approximately 50% lower than Thailand