Rehabilitation Cost In IndiaChat
What is Rehabilitation?
Rehabilitation, also known as physiatry, is a branch of medicine that aims to enhance and restore functional ability and quality of life to people with physical impairments or disabilities.
How is the Procedure Performed?
Rehabilitation procedure involves progressive mobilization, graduated exercise, and the use of heat and cold dor pain relief and it is done according to the type of injury.
Who is the Right Doctor for Rehabilitation?
The right doctor to consult for Rehabilitation is an Orthopedic Surgeon along with a Sports Physiotherapist.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate is usually high and varies between 80-95%.
The recovery time for Rehabilitation depends on the type of injury and it usually takes around 4-6 weeks but may take three to four months for a severe case.
The cost of Rehabilitation includes:
- Physiotherapy sessions, Orthopedic surgery specialistsConsultation Nutritionist session for better Diet , etc.
- Number of follow-up sessions
- Cost of medication, if required
- Patient's hospital stay, if required
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
- Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
- The severity of the injury
- An extended stay at the hospital
- Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Rehabilitation in IndiaFilter
Showing 126 Hospitals and doctors for Rehabilitation in India
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Established in 1996, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital is NABL and JCI accredited.
- Apollo Group offers 10,000 beds across 64 hospitals, more than 2,200 pharmacies, over 100 primary care & diagnostic clinics and 115 telemedicine units across 9 countries.
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital has 52 specialties under one roof.
- Major specialities of the hospital include Anaesthesia, Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Cancer, Paediatrics, Critical Care, Emergency Care, Fetal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Interventional Radiology, IVF, Liver and Kidney Transplant, Nuclear Medicine, Nephrology, Neurosciences, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Otolaryngology (ENT), Paediatrics, Pediatric Surgery, Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Respiratory & Sleep Medicine, Rheumatology, Spine Surgery, Urology and Andrology and Vascular and Endovascular Surgery.
- First hospital in India to perform a Paediatric Liver Transplant in 1998.
- The hospital ranked first in Neurosciences, Renal Sciences, Oncology, Paediatrics, Gynaecology and Obstetrics & Emergency in The Times Of India Healthcare Survey 2016.
- It has also ranked the 6th Best Private Hospital in India for Cardiology by The WEEK in the Best Hospital Survey 2013 conducted by A C Nielsen.
- Awarded a Special Commendation for the Golden Peacock Environment Management Award by a jury chaired by Justice P. N. Bhagwati and Former Chief Justice of India for the hospital's environmental practices.
Indian Spinal Injuries Center, New Delhi
- NABH and NABL accredited, Indian Spinal Injuries Center is the most advanced Spine, Orthopaedic, Neuromuscular, Arthroscopic Surgical Center in India.
- It attends over 200,000 patients across 55 countries every year.
- Offers high quality treatment at affordable rates.
- Specializes in Spine Surgery, Orthopedics, Rheumatology, Neurology, Rehabilitation, Urology, and Plastic Surgery.
- Established in 1997, the hospital's motto is 'a patient for a patient' and provides everything that a spine injured patient would need to recover.
- With the Director of the hospital, Major HPS Ahuluwalia's vision, the government of Italy had invested 10 million American dollars in the project through San Raffaelle Hospital, Milan.
- It is the largest ever Italian collaboration in the health care sector of the country.
Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai
The hospital has successfully performed more than 1668 joint replacement surgeries, 4753 arthroscopic surgeries, and 1864 spine surgeries.
The orthopedic department specializes in orthobiologic techniques such as
Autologous chondrocytes for articular cartilage repair
Autologous osteoblasts and stem cells for bone repair in avascular necrosis
Platelet Rich Plasma for musculotendinous problems
Dr. Dinshaw Pardiwala, a senior orthopaedist works with the hospital is considered as one of the best orthopedic surgeons in India.
He has performed more than 3000 arthroscopic procedures in 4 years at Kokilaben Hospital so far with 0% post-operative infection rate.
There is no case reported for the need of repeat surgery for sports injury at the Kokilaben hospital.
Doctors for Rehabilitation in India
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement SurgeonDirector, 20 years of experience
- Dr. Prithvi Mohandas is a recognized Orthopedic Specialist with over 20 years of experience.
- He collaborated with the Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, in determining the variables that affect hip implant design, the effect of load transfer in the femoral head, and minimally invasive surgery.
- After obtaining his medical degree, he completed his obligatory three-year General Surgical training in Manchester.
- He also completed a three-year fellowship in hip joint surgery at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in Stanmore.
- He was appointed Director of Hip Arthroplasty at MIOT Hospitals, Chennai, in 2007.
- In 2008, he became Secretary of the Indo-German Orthopaedic Foundation. He lectured in the Atypical scenario of Indian hip surgery in Seoul, Beijing, Bangkok, Colombo, Manchester, and Rochester, Minnesota.
- In 2010, he was appointed Joint Managing Director, MIOT Hospitals, Chennai.
- After delivering the Keynote address on Indian Healthcare at the House of Lords in the Spring of 2011, he started the Indo-British Health Initiative (IBHI).
- Dr. Mohandas organized the Diabetes Summit in January 2013, followed by the biggest ever Oncology Summit in India in September 2013 with 20 UK and 60 top Indian Oncologists in attendance, and the recent HIPEC Meet in November 2014.
- He divides his time between training young Orthopaedic Surgeons in Hip Surgery and his administrative duties as Managing Director of MIOT International.
- He lectured at the British Orthopaedic Society, The Royal Society of Medicine, and the Institute of Mechanical Engineers.
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement SurgeonDirector, 20 years of experience
- Dr Jayant Arora is well-famed Orthopedecian & Joint replacement surgeon in Gurgaon.
- With a thrilling experience of over 20+ years, he has worked with some of the most well-known hospitals nationally and internationally.
- Dr Arora has completed his MBBS from the eminent Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi, MS (Ortho) from Safdarjung Hospital, University of Delhi. Following which he did his DNB (Ortho.) from PGI Chandigarh.
- Dr Arora has done his MRCS (UK) from Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK in 2003; and CCBST from Royal College of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland.
- He has also done is MSc. Orthopaedics from University of Central Lancaster, Wrightington Hospital.
- Dr Arora has got an opportunity to deliver various papers and posters, and has also authored publications like ‘Pathophysiology of the Compartment Syndrome’.
Cost of consultation for Rehabilitation with Dr Jayant Arora starts from INR 1200.
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement SurgeonHOD, 23 years of experience
- Dr. Atul Mishra is a well-known Orthopedist having 23 years of experience in the Orthopedics field and 19 years of experience working as a specialist in Orthopedics.
- He has vibrant and vast work experience which includes working as a Consultant Knee Surgeon at Metro Multi-Speciality Hospital and Heart Institute, Consultant Knee Surgeon at Max Superspeciality Hospital, Consultant Knee Surgeon at Deepak Memorial and associated Kailash Group of Hospitals and Additional Director(Department of Orthopedics) at Fortis Hospital.
- He has performed over 5000 knee surgeries including Joint Replacements and Arthroscopies in the last 15 years of his service.
- He has been granted fellowships at various renowned places such as in Joint Surgery at Matsudo Municipal Hospital, Japan. In Sports Medicine and Knee Surgery at Institute Ortopedici Rizzoli, Bologna, Italy. Also in Knee Reconstruction at University Hospital, Philipps University Medical School, Marburg, Germany.
- Dr. Mishra has also received various awards such as Chikitsa Gaurav Samman 2008 by the Akhil Bharatiya Swatantra Lekhak Manch on 14th November 2008 and Award of Honour at the 28th Annual Function and Scientific Session on REVISION TOTAL KNEE ARTHROPLASTY organized by the DR. L.H. LOBO MEMORIAL TRUST at Christian Medical College, in 2010.
- He is also a Life member of IMA East Delhi Branch, Life member of Delhi Orthopaedics Association, and Life member of Indian Arthroscopy Society.
Cost of consultation for Rehabilitation with Dr. Atul Mishra starts from INR 1000.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals