Prostatectomy Cost In TurkeyChat
What is Prostatectomy?
Prostatectomy is the surgical removal of all or part of the prostate gland. This procedure is performed to treat urinary retention, prostate cancer, or other cancers of the pelvis.
How is the Procedure Performed?
Prostatectomy can be performed in two ways. It can be done by making an incision either in the lower abdomen and remove the damaged part of the gland or through the skin between the scrotum and rectum to remove the gland.
Who is the Right Doctor for Prostatectomy?
A board-certified urologist who has expertise in performing surgical procedures is the right doctor for Prostatectomy.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The 10-year survival rate post Prostatectomy is exceptionally good and close to 90%.
Urinary tract infection, bleeding, erectile dysfunction, lymphocele are some of the complications that may occur after Prostatectomy.
Cost related to Prostatectomy in Turkey
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Prostatectomy||USD 8879 to USD 10852|
|PVP Laser Prostatectomy||USD 8879 to USD 10852|
|Radical Prostatectomy||USD 4500 to USD 5500|
|Laparoscopic Radical||USD 16556 to USD 20235|
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Prostatectomy in TurkeyFilter
Showing 17 Hospitals and doctors for Prostatectomy in Turkey
Hisar Hospital Intercontinental, Istanbul
Based in Ümraniye, Istanbul, Hisar Hospital Intercontinental is amongst the largest private hospitals in Turkey. Founded in 2006, this hospital is spanned in an area of 35,000 square meters. It is accredited by the US Joint Commission International (JCI) which assures international standards for quality diagnosis and treatment.
The various facilities offered by the hospital include airport pickup, translation services, medical travel insurance, car hire, airport pickup, interpreter services, Rehabilitation, free WiFi, TV in the room, nursery or nanny services, pharmacy, laundry, Visa / Travel office, dry cleaning, hotel booking, flight booking, mobility accessible rooms, local tourism options and more.
Furthermore, if any patient is not able to travel to visit the hospital, then he can utilize ‘Online doctor consultation’ facility provided by the hospital. To provide with all the better facilities to international patients, the hospital accepts special dietary requests and provides local transportation booking.
Medicana International Istanbul
Since 1992, Medicana Health Group is making a tremendous progression in serving its patients with their healthcare services meeting international standards. Medical Health group aims to provide healthcare services to every section of the society for the betterment of people. It continuously strives to improve its services and productivity by following the most advanced, latest infrastructures and developments by creating a homely and safe environment.
Medicana Group of Hospitals is a member of the Association of Private Hospitals and Medical Institutions. It is awarded the status of the baby-friendly hospital by UNICEF and the World Health Organization. The Joint International Commission (JCI) hospitals are Medicana International Istanbul, Medicana International Ankara, Medicana Camlica, and Medicana Bahcelievler.
Medicana Hospitals offer medical services in various departments, including Bone Marrow & Organ Transplantation, Oncology, Cardiology, Pediatric Cardiology, IVF treatment, Aesthetic & Cosmetic Surgery, and Neurology.
Medical Park Group, İstanbul
As Istanbul is gearing to become one of the world’s preferred destinations for medical treatments; it has raised the choices amongst several hospitals and clinics. Hence, doctors and specialists have gathered to form Medical Park Group for successful medical outcomes with healthcare solutions. Patients from Middle East, Europe, Asia, North America entrust Medical Park doctors for their treatments.
Continuously serving patients with their healthcare services since 1993, irrespective of socioeconomic status, the hospitals boost the quality and quantity of services meeting higher service standards following the principle “healthcare for all”.
Medical Park Hospitals provides qualitative therapeutic and diagnostic services in all hospitals, with three accredited by Joint Commission International (JCI) with specialists, patient-oriented service approach using technological intelligence under one roof. The hospitals ensure to serve and heal patients for a ‘healthier’ Turkey.
Over 40 Languages Spoken!
Help desk section is setup at each of the complex to guide medical tourists and provide translation services in over 40 languages including English, Dutch, French, German, Russian, Spanish and more!
Doctors for Prostatectomy in Turkey
UrologistSenior Consultant, 42 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Remzi Saglam is a reputed Urologist with 42+ years of experience in the field.
- He is the General Manager and Chairman of the Board of Directors. He was a founding member and chairman of the Endourology Association and the editor of the Journal of Endourology.
- He graduated from Cerrahpaşa Medical Faculty in 1970 and after working as an Intern at Gülhane Military Medical Academy between 1970-1971, he was appointed as an Air Force in Eskişehir.
- He completed the Flight Medicine course for three months at the Physiological Training Center and went on to do a specialization in GATA Urology Clinic and became a Urology Specialist in June 1977.
- Dr. Saglam's expertise lies in areas such as Urodynamics, neurogenic bladder, (PNL) Percutaneous Lithotripsy, URS (Ureterorenoscopy), fURS (Flexible Ureterorenoscopic Laser Lithotripsy), Laser Treatment of Kidney Stones with Robot, Evaporation of Prostate with Greenlight Laser, HoLEP (Removal of Prostate with Holmium Laser in Patients with Urinary Incontinence) Sphincter, Penile Prosthesis, etc.
- He has attended different congresses in Turkey and abroad with his papers, and has 63 scientific publications and 60 papers, as well as 18 meetings and panels.
UrologistSenior Consultant, 19 years of experience
- Dr. Murat Bagisgil is a renowned Urologist with extensive 19+ years of experience.
- His expertise lies in the management of prostate cancer, bladder cancers, kidney tumors, renal outlet obstruction, urinary reflux to the kidney, and hypospadias treatment, minimally invasive surgeries, etc.
- Dr. Murat graduated from Istanbul Cerrahpaşa Medical Faculty, followed by his specialty education at Istanbul University Cerrahpaşa Faculty of Medicine Urology Department. He is a member of the Turkish Urology Association, Endourology Association, Andrology Association, EAU (European Urology Association).
- He has worked in reputed organizations such as London Hospital Medical College, England, Miami University, Cedars Medical Center, New York Memorial Sloane Kettering Cancer Center hospital, Medicana International Hospital, etc.
- Under his credit, there are both national and international publications and he is actively invited as a guest speaker in scientific meetings, CME's and worldwide conferences to talk about Urological disorders.
UrologistProfessor, 24 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Fatih Kurtulus is a prominent Istanbul-based Urologist with 24+ years of experience in the field.
- He is an active member of the various reputed organizations such as the European Association of Urology (EAU), Endourological Society, Turkish Urology Association, Urological Surgery Association, and Turkish Andrology Association.
- His expertise lies in areas such as Kidney stone, Prostate Enlargement, Bleeding in urine, (PNL) Percutaneous Lithotripsy, URS (Ureterorenoscopy), Laser Treatment of Kidney Stones with Robot, Reconstruction of new bladder, Evaporation of Prostate with Greenlight Laser, Sphincter, Penile Prosthesis, etc.
- He graduated from Istanbul University Cerrahpaşa Faculty of Medicine, Department of English Medicine in 1997 and completed his residency in Taksim Teaching and Training Hospital, Urology clinic in 2002.
- Dr. Kurtulus also received advanced laparoscopy training in Strasbourg (IRCAD) in 2008 and increased his experience in the field of uro-oncology, endourology, and female urology at the Milan San Raffaele IRCCS Hospital and Heidelberg University, Heilbronn clinic in 2009.
- He has received several awards in the field such as Urooncology Research Award 2015, 2008 Best oral presentation - 2008 AUA Congress, and more.
- He has numerous scientific papers and well-researched articles in national and international publications.
Before Prostatectomy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Prostatectomy is a surgical procedure which is being done for the partially or completely removing the prostate. The procedure of prostatectomy is also being done for treating prostate cancer or benign prostatic hyperplasia. In prostatectomy a small surgical incision is being made and the entire prostate gland is being removed.
Mainly the process of prostatectomy is being used for treating the localized prostate cancer but it can be used alone or in combination with radiotherapy, chemotherapy and other hormonal therapy.
Yes, prostatectomy is a major surgery because the entire prostate gland as well as surrounding tissues are being removed. You can expect some soreness and pain after surgery.
The risk of prostatectomy is very rare, death or any serious disability caused by this disease are very rare. If it is done by skilled surgeons then the risks will be rare because the important nerves pass through the prostate on the way to penis.
During the Prostatectomy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Prostatectomy is being done under general anaesthesia, one night before the procedure you will be prescribed with antibiotics for preventing infection.
In simple prostatectomy surgery a long flexible tube called as cystoscope is being inserted through the tip of your penis to see inside of urethera, bladder and the prostate gland. After that a tube is being inserted into the tip of your penis which extend into the bladder for draining urine. When the part of your prostate is removed which is causing symptoms then one or two temporary drain tubes may be inserted through that puncture in your skin. One tube will go directly into the bladder and the other goes into the area where prostate was removed.
Radical prostatectomy is being done to remove the entire prostate gland and the surrounding lymph nodes for treating men with localized prostate cancer. Prostatectomy is being done by different techniques:
- Robot-assisted radical prostatectomy- In this technique the surgeon makes five to six small incision in the lower part of your abdomen to remove the prostate. When robotic device is being used it allows more precise movement with surgeon’s hand.
- Open radical prostatectomy- In this procedure an incision is being made in the lower part of your abdomen for removing the prostate. This procedure is being recommended for men having severe urinary symptoms and enlarged prostate gland.
After Prostatectomy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Side effects of prostatectomy includes bleeding, urinary tract infection, urinary incontinence, erectile dysfunction, narrowing of the urethera or formation of cyst.
If you have undergone robotic assisted prostatectomy it will reduce your pain, blood loss, reduce trauma to tissue. In simple prostatectomy you will get relief from urinary symptoms because of the enlarged prostate.
It will take around four weeks after the surgery to recover completely.
You should not do any strenuous activity or lift any heavy objects for minimum one month after surgery. Many people take three to four weeks to recover completely.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Urologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals