Prostatectomy Cost In IndiaChat
Cost related to Prostatectomy in India
Popular Cities in India for Prostatectomy are
Are you planning Prostatectomy in India?
You are at the right place
Case manager will help you with budget friendly treatment plan, online consult with doctor, visa, airport transfers, hotel bookings, interpreters…and more.
Highly rated. Serviced 25,000+ patients from 100+ countries.
Help Us With Patient Details
Popular Cities in India for Prostatectomy are
Showing 126 Hospitals and doctors for Prostatectomy in IndiaFilter
- 1000 Number of beds
- New Delhi
Counted amongst the topmost urology hospitals in India, it has been performing nearly 5000 urological surgeries each year.
Several complex procedures are routinely performed including lithotripsy, percutaneous nephrolithotomy, endo-urology, TURP, laparoscopic urological surgeries, management of incont...Read More
Doctors for Prostatectomy in Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- 145 Number of beds
- New Delhi
- NABH and NABL accredited, Indian Spinal Injuries Center is the most advanced Spine, Orthopaedic, Neuromuscular, Arthroscopic Surgical Center in India.
- It attends over 200,000 patients across 55 countries every year.
- Offers high quality treatment at affordable rates.
- Specializes in Spine Surgery, Orthopedics, Rheumatology, Neurology, R... Read More
- 650 Number of beds
- Established in 1991, Manipal Hospital is the third largest healthcare network in India.
- It is NABH and NABL (ISQUA) accredited.
- It is also ISO 9001:2008 certified for all comprehensive protocols including clinical, nursing, diagnostics and allied areas.
- Manipal Hospitals have 5 branches in Bangalore: Whitefield, Brookefield, Old Airport Road, Malles... Read More
Doctors for Prostatectomy in Manipal Hospital (Old Airport Road) Bangalore
Frequently asked questions about Prostatectomy in India
1. What is Prostatectomy?
Prostatectomy is a surgical procedure which is being done for the partially or completely removing the prostate. The procedure of prostatectomy is also being done for treating prostate cancer or benign prostatic hyperplasia. In prostatectomy a small surgical incision is being made and the entire prostate gland is being removed.
2. Why prostatectomy is being done?
Mainly the process of prostatectomy is being used for treating the localized prostate cancer but it can be used alone or in combination with radiotherapy, chemotherapy and other hormonal therapy.
3. Is prostatectomy a major surgery?
Yes, prostatectomy is a major surgery because the entire prostate gland as well as surrounding tissues are being removed. You can expect some soreness and pain after surgery.
4. How serious is a prostatectomy?
The risk of prostatectomy is very rare, death or any serious disability caused by this disease are very rare. If it is done by skilled surgeons then the risks will be rare because the important nerves pass through the prostate on the way to penis.
1. Which anaesthesia is being used for prostatectomy?
Prostatectomy is being done under general anaesthesia, one night before the procedure you will be prescribed with antibiotics for preventing infection.
2. How simple prostatectomy surgery is being done?
In simple prostatectomy surgery a long flexible tube called as cystoscope is being inserted through the tip of your penis to see inside of urethera, bladder and the prostate gland. After that a tube is being inserted into the tip of your penis which extend into the bladder for draining urine. When the part of your prostate is removed which is causing symptoms then one or two temporary drain tubes may be inserted through that puncture in your skin. One tube will go directly into the bladder and the other goes into the area where prostate was removed.
3. How prostatectomy is being done?
Radical prostatectomy is being done to remove the entire prostate gland and the surrounding lymph nodes for treating men with localized prostate cancer. Prostatectomy is being done by different techniques:
- Robot-assisted radical prostatectomy- In this technique the surgeon makes five to six small incision in the lower part of your abdomen to remove the prostate. When robotic device is being used it allows more precise movement with surgeon’s hand.
- Open radical prostatectomy- In this procedure an incision is being made in the lower part of your abdomen for removing the prostate. This procedure is being recommended for men having severe urinary symptoms and enlarged prostate gland.
1. What are the side effects of a prostatectomy?
Side effects of prostatectomy includes bleeding, urinary tract infection, urinary incontinence, erectile dysfunction, narrowing of the urethera or formation of cyst.
2. What is the result of prostatectomy surgery?
If you have undergone robotic assisted prostatectomy it will reduce your pain, blood loss, reduce trauma to tissue. In simple prostatectomy you will get relief from urinary symptoms because of the enlarged prostate.
3. How much time is needed for recovery after prostatectomy?
It will take around four weeks after the surgery to recover completely.
4. What can you not do after prostate surgery?
You should not do any strenuous activity or lift any heavy objects for minimum one month after surgery. Many people take three to four weeks to recover completely.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Urologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals