Prostatectomy Cost In IndiaChat
What is Prostatectomy?
Prostatectomy is the surgical removal of all or part of the prostate gland. This procedure is performed to treat urinary retention, prostate cancer, or other cancers of the pelvis.
How is the Procedure Performed?
Prostatectomy can be performed in two ways. It can be done by making an incision either in the lower abdomen and remove the damaged part of the gland or through the skin between the scrotum and rectum to remove the gland.
Who is the Right Doctor for Prostatectomy?
A board-certified urologist who has expertise in performing surgical procedures is the right doctor for Prostatectomy.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The 10-year survival rate post Prostatectomy is exceptionally good and close to 90%.
Urinary tract infection, bleeding, erectile dysfunction, lymphocele are some of the complications that may occur after Prostatectomy.
Cost related to Prostatectomy in India
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|prostatectomy||Rs.177600 to Rs.236800|
|prostatectomy||Rs.177600 to Rs.236800|
|Prostatectomy||Rs.444000 to Rs.592000|
|PVP Laser Prostatectomy||Rs.164280 to Rs.219040|
|Radical Prostatectomy||Rs.244200 to Rs.325600|
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Prostatectomy in IndiaFilter
Showing 126 Hospitals and doctors for Prostatectomy in India
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
Counted amongst the topmost urology hospitals in India, it has been performing nearly 5000 urological surgeries each year.
Several complex procedures are routinely performed including lithotripsy, percutaneous nephrolithotomy, endo-urology, TURP, laparoscopic urological surgeries, management of incontinence and erectile disorders.
There is a separate section to deal with female urology that includes recurrent urinary infection, urine leak, frequency, urgency, and urge-leak and many more.
Dr. Vipin Arora is a urologist working with the hospital for the last 14 years, having an overall experience of nearly 33 years.
He is a pioneer of robotic prostate surgery in India.
Indian Spinal Injuries Center, New Delhi
- NABH and NABL accredited, Indian Spinal Injuries Center is the most advanced Spine, Orthopaedic, Neuromuscular, Arthroscopic Surgical Center in India.
- It attends over 200,000 patients across 55 countries every year.
- Offers high quality treatment at affordable rates.
- Specializes in Spine Surgery, Orthopedics, Rheumatology, Neurology, Rehabilitation, Urology, and Plastic Surgery.
- Established in 1997, the hospital's motto is 'a patient for a patient' and provides everything that a spine injured patient would need to recover.
- With the Director of the hospital, Major HPS Ahuluwalia's vision, the government of Italy had invested 10 million American dollars in the project through San Raffaelle Hospital, Milan.
- It is the largest ever Italian collaboration in the health care sector of the country.
- Established in 1991, Manipal Hospital is the third largest healthcare network in India.
- It is NABH and NABL (ISQUA) accredited.
- It is also ISO 9001:2008 certified for all comprehensive protocols including clinical, nursing, diagnostics and allied areas.
- Manipal Hospitals have 5 branches in Bangalore: Whitefield, Brookefield, Old Airport Road, Malleshwaram and Jayanagar.
- Offers more than 60 specialties under one roof.
- Manipal Hospital Whitefield is 284-bedded inpatient facility.
- It is also accredited with the AAHRPP Accreditation (Association for the Accreditation of the Human Research Protection Programs)
- The hospital is rated the Most Patient Recommended Hospital in India by the Consumer Voice.
- It is ranked as the Best Hospital in Bangalore for the past 8 years by The Week Magazine.
- Ranked among the top 5 hospitals in “INDIA’S MOST CARING HOSPITALS” survey.
- Won the prestigious Golden Peacock National Quality Award 2005 in the Service category.
Doctors for Prostatectomy in India
UrologistSenior Consultant, 31 years of experience
- Dr. DVSLN Sharma is a well-known Urologist having 31+ years of experience.
- He holds expertise in Direct Visual Internal Urethrotomy (DVIU), Urology Consultation, Urinary Tract Infection (UTI), Testicular Surgery, and Urethrotomy.
- After completing MBBS from Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam in 1990, he pursued MS in General Surgery from Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam in 1996 followed by M.Ch. in Urology from Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad in 2000.
- He is an active member of the Indian Medical Association.
- He is a recipient of several awards and recognitions.
Cost of consultation for Prostatectomy with Dr. DVSLN Sharma starts from INR 1000.
UrologistSenior Consultant, 15 years of experience
- Urologist and Robotic Prostate Surgeon with 15+ years of experience
- Established the Urology department at Fortis Escorts
- Clinical interest in Robotic Surgery for Prostate Cancer, Laser Surgery for Enlarged Prostate, Laser Treatment of Kidney and Bladder Stone and Treatment of Erectile Dysfunction including Penile Implant
- Received the E.C.F.M.G Certificate from USA and holds an unrestricted license to practice Urology and Medicine at Florida
- Adept at treating Prostate Diseases including Benign and Cancerous Prostate Enlargement
- Previously received Fellowship in Endourology and Robotic Surgery, Jackson Health System, Miami, Florida, USA.
- Completed Non-Scalpel Vasectomy Training Course, Lok Nayak Hospital, New Delhi, (December 2006) and Online Basic Urologic Ultrasound course, Organized by the American Urology Association in 2010
- Member of prestigious organizations like Urology Society of India, Indian Medical Association, American Urology Association, American Medical Association and Rotary Club, New Delhi
Cost of consultation for Prostatectomy with Dr. Ashish Sabharwal starts from INR 1500.
UrologistConsultant, 13 years of experience
- Dr. Rahul Gupta is a consultant Urologist having 13+ years of experience in the related field.
- He is a JIPMER alumnus and completed his Urology MCh in 2013.
- His surgical skills include Endourology, Uro-Oncology and Reconstructive Urology.
- Dr. Rahul Gupta has vast practising experience in the field of Urology. His past experience includes working in the Urology department in PGIMER, R.M.L. Hospital and BMHRC Bhopal.
- His special interest lies in Renal Transplant, Andrology and Minimally Invasive Surgery.
Cost of consultation for Prostatectomy with Dr. Rahul Gupta starts from INR 800.
Before Prostatectomy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Prostatectomy is a surgical procedure which is being done for the partially or completely removing the prostate. The procedure of prostatectomy is also being done for treating prostate cancer or benign prostatic hyperplasia. In prostatectomy a small surgical incision is being made and the entire prostate gland is being removed.
Mainly the process of prostatectomy is being used for treating the localized prostate cancer but it can be used alone or in combination with radiotherapy, chemotherapy and other hormonal therapy.
Yes, prostatectomy is a major surgery because the entire prostate gland as well as surrounding tissues are being removed. You can expect some soreness and pain after surgery.
The risk of prostatectomy is very rare, death or any serious disability caused by this disease are very rare. If it is done by skilled surgeons then the risks will be rare because the important nerves pass through the prostate on the way to penis.
During the Prostatectomy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Prostatectomy is being done under general anaesthesia, one night before the procedure you will be prescribed with antibiotics for preventing infection.
In simple prostatectomy surgery a long flexible tube called as cystoscope is being inserted through the tip of your penis to see inside of urethera, bladder and the prostate gland. After that a tube is being inserted into the tip of your penis which extend into the bladder for draining urine. When the part of your prostate is removed which is causing symptoms then one or two temporary drain tubes may be inserted through that puncture in your skin. One tube will go directly into the bladder and the other goes into the area where prostate was removed.
Radical prostatectomy is being done to remove the entire prostate gland and the surrounding lymph nodes for treating men with localized prostate cancer. Prostatectomy is being done by different techniques:
- Robot-assisted radical prostatectomy- In this technique the surgeon makes five to six small incision in the lower part of your abdomen to remove the prostate. When robotic device is being used it allows more precise movement with surgeon’s hand.
- Open radical prostatectomy- In this procedure an incision is being made in the lower part of your abdomen for removing the prostate. This procedure is being recommended for men having severe urinary symptoms and enlarged prostate gland.
After Prostatectomy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Side effects of prostatectomy includes bleeding, urinary tract infection, urinary incontinence, erectile dysfunction, narrowing of the urethera or formation of cyst.
If you have undergone robotic assisted prostatectomy it will reduce your pain, blood loss, reduce trauma to tissue. In simple prostatectomy you will get relief from urinary symptoms because of the enlarged prostate.
It will take around four weeks after the surgery to recover completely.
You should not do any strenuous activity or lift any heavy objects for minimum one month after surgery. Many people take three to four weeks to recover completely.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Urologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals