Prostate Cancer Surgery Cost In United Arab EmiratesChat
What is Prostate Cancer Surgery?
Prostate cancer is a form of cancer that occurs in prostate gland cells, which is found only in males.
It is recommended in patients where cancer is not metastasized.
How is the Procedure Performed?
The most common procedure is a Radical Prostatectomy. It can be performed as open or robot-assisted laparoscopic surgery.
In Laparoscopic Prostatectomy, the surgeon makes several small incisions instead of one big incision and uses a particular long surgical instrument to remove the prostate, whereas, in open surgery, the surgeon makes incisions in the lower abdomen.
If there is a reasonable chance cancer might have spread to nearby lymph nodes, the surgeon may also remove some of these lymph nodes at this time.
The nodes are sent to the lab to see if they have cancer cells. If cancer cells are found in any nodes, the surgeon might not continue the surgery. This is because it's doubtful that cancer can be cured with surgery, and removing the prostate could lead to serious side effects.
Radical prostatectomy's primary possible side effects are urinary incontinence and erectile dysfunction.
These side effects can also occur with other forms of prostate cancer treatment.
The cost of Prostate Cancer includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost may include digital rectal exam (DRE), prostate-specific antigen (PSA) test, and imaging tests such as X-ray, CT, and MRI
Surgery cost (Depends upon the type and size of the tumor and the extent to which the tumor has spread)
Type of Surgery [Radical Prostatectomy or Laparoscopic Prostatectomy]
Post-Operative cost (there might be a need for Chemotherapy or Radiotherapy before or post-surgery)
Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or Single room)
The stage and type of cancer
Patients may require repeated investigation through PET CT and related tests Post-surgery / Chemotherapy / Radiation Therapy
Any additional tests may be required, such as ECG or blood tests
An extended stay at the Hospital (Generally, the stay is around 1-2 days)
Cost of accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident [may take longer duration in case of chemotherapy or radiotherapy sessions]
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Prostate Cancer Surgery in United Arab EmiratesFilter
Showing 25 Hospitals and doctors for Prostate Cancer Surgery in United Arab Emirates
Burjeel Hospital, Dubai
- The Burjeel hospital, Dubai was established in 2007 by the renowned Dr. Shamsheer Vayalil in collaboration with Dr. Samih Tarabichi.
- It has received numerous awards, to name few, it was awarded as the Best Asian Healthcare Brand by The Economic Times, Awarded the Best Laboratory design by Hospital Build & Infrastructure the Middle East, also received a recognition award from Al Hosn Gas for their contribution and support to the Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign, appreciation Award from IDEA Annual Students Education Exhibition and many more.
- The hospital comprises of a well trained and dynamic team of specialists well equipped with the latest equipment and laminar airflow systems to maintain internationally accepted sterility norms that minimize the risk of infection.
- Efficiently manages all types of diagnostic & therapeutic procedures such as knee replacement, hip replacement arthritis, revision surgeries, Neuro-physiology, Specialized physiotherapy, Comprehensive Rehabilitation services, etc.
- Burjeel is a 209 patient bedded hospital with a 14-bed ICU and 10 operating rooms. There are also Royal Suites of 6000 sq.ft. each and Presidential Suites of 3000 sq.ft.
Canadian Specialist Hospital, Dubai
- The Canadian Specialist Hospital (CSH) is a world-class medical facility catering to the highly specialised needs of the Middle East.
- Being one of the largest private hospitals in Dubai, it is the institution of choice for referrals from medical centres that lack specialised facilities.
- It renders comprehensive genetic and prenatal services through its avant-garde medical and surgical expertise.
- It is also an acute-cum-critical care referral hospital.
- It offers an international standard quality of medical care, rehabilitative services, and compassionate patient care at a reasonable cost.
- It has more than 50 specialities under Medical Services, Surgical Services, Dental Services, Critical Care Services, and Diagnostic & other Services.
- Telemedicine is available to connect with a doctor.
- It is JCI re-accredited and a member of Dubai Health Experience.
- CSH won the Best Hospital for Medical Tourism Award at the DHA Health Awards 2018.
NMC Speciality Hospital, Al Ain
- NMC Specialty Hospital, Al Ain is part of the NMC Healthcare that is the largest healthcare provider in UAE. NMC Healthcare is also a leading fertility service provider in the world.
- It is a multispecialty hospital with over 27 specialities including Allergy and Immunology, Cardiac Sciences, Dermatology, Gastroenterology, Neonatology, Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Pulmonology, Nephrology, Cosmetic Surgery, General Surgery etc.
- It has an International Patient Centre that is supported by internationally trained and Board-certified physicians. nurses and paramedics to provide personalized care and treatment for patients.
- It had received several awards such as Service Olympian Award for Best Social Media Experience in 2018, Sheikh Khalifa Excellence Award 2016-2017, Super Brands 2016-2017 to mention a few.
- It is the referral centre of choice for medical centres and clinics in Al Ain and its nearby areas.
- The Hospital has partnership with the Universities Freiburg Klinikum, Germany, London Clinic (London) and Universitats Spital (Zurich, Switzerland) for medical treatment that is not available locally.
- It also has a tie-up with Biomnis, France to investigate rare findings and do tests not available locally.
- It has insurance affiliations with agencies like Amity Health, Nextcare, Allianz Care, Bupa International UK etc.
Doctors for Prostate Cancer Surgery in United Arab Emirates
UrologistSenior Consultant, 20 years of experience
- An experienced Urologist with more than 20 years of expertise, Dr Jaspreet Singh Sandhu.
- He treats Stress Incontinence in Women, Laser Prostatectomy, Minimally Invasive Urology i.e., Endourology / Laparoscopic Urology, Renal Transplantation, Uro Oncology, Urodynamics, and Infertility.
- He is a member of the Emirates Urological Society and the Emirates Medical Association.
- Dr Jaspreet Singh Sandhu graduated from Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, India with an MBBS and MS.
- He obtained his MCh from PGIMER, Chandigarh, India.
- He holds multiple fellowships in minimally invasive surgery and Urology, from India and abroad.
UrologistConsultant, 15 years of experience
- Dr Jayanth Agrahara Sundaresh is a leading Urologist with more than 15 years of experience.
- His key area of interests are Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy, Ureteroscopic Stone Surgery, Transurethral Resection of Prostate, Reconstructive Urology: Urethroplasty, Pyeloplasty, Andrology and Neurourology, managing critical and emergency operations.
- He is a member of the National Academy of Medical Sciences and the Emirates Medical Association.
- Dr Jayanth Agrahara Sundaresh graduated from Mysore Karnataka, India with an MBBS (2000) and MS (2005).
- He obtained his MRCS from Edinburgh, UK in 2006.
- He acquired MCh (2008) from Mumbai University, India.
UrologistConsultant, 15 years of experience
- Dr Manish Bhansali has been a skilful Urologist for more than 15 years.
- His interest lies in Endoscopic, Stone surgery, Prostate surgery, Reconstructive surgery, Andrology, Female urology and managing Urological emergencies.
- He is a member of the Urological Society of India and the Emirates Medical Association.
- Dr Manish Bhansali graduated from MGM Medical College, Indore, India with an MBBS (2000).
- He obtained his MS from NSCB Medical College, Jabalpur, India.
- He acquired DNB from Institute of Urology, Pune, India
Prostate Cancer Surgery Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Urologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals