Prostate Cancer Surgery Cost In MalaysiaChat
What is Prostate Cancer Surgery?
Prostate cancer is a form of cancer that occurs in prostate gland cells, which is found only in males.
It is recommended in patients where cancer is not metastasized.
How is the Procedure Performed?
The most common procedure is a Radical Prostatectomy. It can be performed as open or robot-assisted laparoscopic surgery.
In Laparoscopic Prostatectomy, the surgeon makes several small incisions instead of one big incision and uses a particular long surgical instrument to remove the prostate, whereas, in open surgery, the surgeon makes incisions in the lower abdomen.
If there is a reasonable chance cancer might have spread to nearby lymph nodes, the surgeon may also remove some of these lymph nodes at this time.
The nodes are sent to the lab to see if they have cancer cells. If cancer cells are found in any nodes, the surgeon might not continue the surgery. This is because it's doubtful that cancer can be cured with surgery, and removing the prostate could lead to serious side effects.
Radical prostatectomy's primary possible side effects are urinary incontinence and erectile dysfunction.
These side effects can also occur with other forms of prostate cancer treatment.
The cost of Prostate Cancer includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost may include digital rectal exam (DRE), prostate-specific antigen (PSA) test, and imaging tests such as X-ray, CT, and MRI
Surgery cost (Depends upon the type and size of the tumor and the extent to which the tumor has spread)
Type of Surgery [Radical Prostatectomy or Laparoscopic Prostatectomy]
Post-Operative cost (there might be a need for Chemotherapy or Radiotherapy before or post-surgery)
Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or Single room)
The stage and type of cancer
Patients may require repeated investigation through PET CT and related tests Post-surgery / Chemotherapy / Radiation Therapy
Any additional tests may be required, such as ECG or blood tests
An extended stay at the Hospital (Generally, the stay is around 1-2 days)
Cost of accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident [may take longer duration in case of chemotherapy or radiotherapy sessions]
Cost related to Prostate Cancer Surgery in Malaysia
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Prostate Cancer-Surgical||USD 9000 to USD 11000|
|Chemotherapy||USD 1800 to USD 2200|
Prostate Cancer Surgery in Malaysia
Popular Cities in Malaysia for Prostate Cancer Surgery are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Doctors for Prostate Cancer Surgery in Malaysia
NephrologistConsultant, 23 years of experience
- Dr. Murali Sundram is a skilled Urologist in Malaysia with over 23 years of expertise.
- He specializes in Cystectomy, General Urology Procedures, Partial Nephrectomy, Paediatric, Prostatectomy, Pyeloplasty, Radical Nephrectomy.
- He is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (Australia).
- Dr. Murali Sundram has several publications, journals and articles to his name.
- He has completed an MBBS from the University of Malaya, Malaysia.
- He has a Fellowship in Paediatric Urology from the Women's and Children's Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia.
- He has done Fellowship in Adult Urological from the Royal Adelaide Hospital, South Australia.
- He has a Robotic Fellowship from the Severance Hospital (University of Yonsei, South Korea).
- He has obtained FRCS from Edinburgh and Glasgow, UK.
- Dr. Murali Sundram is well-versed in Bahasa Malaysia, Tamil and English.
Prostate Cancer Surgery Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Prostate Cancer Surgery
FAQ videos related to Prostate Cancer Surgery
Our patient's testimonials related to Nephrologist
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Prostate Cancer Surgery in other countries, compared to Malaysia?
Approximate price of Prostate Cancer Surgery in other countries compared to Malaysia is:
- India, USD 4000 to USD 6000, approximately 50% lower than Malaysia
- Turkey, USD 3200 to USD 4800, approximately 60% lower than Malaysia
- Thailand, USD 13600 to USD 20400, approximately 70% higher than Malaysia
- Germany, USD 20000 to USD 30000, approximately 150% higher than Malaysia