Prostate Cancer Surgery Cost In GermanyChat
What is Prostate Cancer Surgery?
Prostate cancer is a form of cancer that occurs in prostate gland cells, which is found only in males.
It is recommended in patients where cancer is not metastasized.
How is the Procedure Performed?
The most common procedure is a Radical Prostatectomy. It can be performed as open or robot-assisted laparoscopic surgery.
In Laparoscopic Prostatectomy, the surgeon makes several small incisions instead of one big incision and uses a particular long surgical instrument to remove the prostate, whereas, in open surgery, the surgeon makes incisions in the lower abdomen.
If there is a reasonable chance cancer might have spread to nearby lymph nodes, the surgeon may also remove some of these lymph nodes at this time.
The nodes are sent to the lab to see if they have cancer cells. If cancer cells are found in any nodes, the surgeon might not continue the surgery. This is because it's doubtful that cancer can be cured with surgery, and removing the prostate could lead to serious side effects.
Radical prostatectomy's primary possible side effects are urinary incontinence and erectile dysfunction.
These side effects can also occur with other forms of prostate cancer treatment.
The cost of Prostate Cancer includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost may include digital rectal exam (DRE), prostate-specific antigen (PSA) test, and imaging tests such as X-ray, CT, and MRI
Surgery cost (Depends upon the type and size of the tumor and the extent to which the tumor has spread)
Type of Surgery [Radical Prostatectomy or Laparoscopic Prostatectomy]
Post-Operative cost (there might be a need for Chemotherapy or Radiotherapy before or post-surgery)
Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or Single room)
The stage and type of cancer
Patients may require repeated investigation through PET CT and related tests Post-surgery / Chemotherapy / Radiation Therapy
Any additional tests may be required, such as ECG or blood tests
An extended stay at the Hospital (Generally, the stay is around 1-2 days)
Cost of accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident [may take longer duration in case of chemotherapy or radiotherapy sessions]
Cost related to Prostate Cancer Surgery in Germany
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Prostate Cancer-Surgical||USD 22500 to USD 27500|
|Chemotherapy||USD 1800 to USD 2200|
Prostate Cancer Surgery in Germany
Popular Cities in Germany for Prostate Cancer Surgery are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Prostate Cancer Surgery in GermanyFilter
Showing 32 Hospitals and doctors for Prostate Cancer Surgery in Germany
Vivantes Hospital Group
- The Vivantes Hospital Group is one of the largest state-owned healthcare companies operating around 100 medical departments and institutions, rehabilitation centers, 40 centers of excellence, primary healthcare facilities, 12 nursing facilities, and other outpatient and inpatient healthcare facilities in Berlin, Germany
- The Vivantes Hospital Group was founded in 2001 and the company runs 10 hospitals with a total capacity of nearly 6,000 beds and more than 17,000 employees, 2,300 of which are physicians.
- The Hospitals treat nearly 2,35,622 inpatients and 3,22,503 outpatients per year.
- An exceptional foreign department was established to assist all queries of international patients.
- It is the biggest state-owned hospital group in Berlin providing hospital care for about a third of patients in the city seeking inpatient care.
- Vivantes Clinic August-Victoria received the status of "Baby-friendly hospital" and Vivantes Humboldt and Vivantes Friedrichshain clinics were awarded the UNICEF Quality Awards.
- The tumor center of Vivantes consists of three cancer centers in the north, south, and in the center of Berlin. All three cancer centers are certified by the German Society for Hematology and Oncology (DGHO).
- The Federation for Environmental Protection and Nature Conservation of Germany (Bund Berlin) awarded the Vivantes Neukolln clinic status "Energy Saving Hospital".
- Asklepios Academic City Hospital is an academic teaching hospital located in Northern Hesse- the central German state.
- It is an academic teaching hospital of the Phillipp University of Magburg.
- The center is a member of Asklepios Clinics GmbH.
- Due to the latest medical procedures and state-of-the-art equipment, the hospital has gained an excellent reputation in Germany and in many other countries of the world.
- The construction of the hospital was designed in accordance with the international requirements.
- The facility has high-tech operating rooms with navigation and advanced surgical systems.
- Spanned in a lush green area, it is designed to accept 210 inpatients.
- The hospital is well-equipped to provide basic, standard and acute medical care.
- The patient and attendant are served three meals a day – breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Specific diet or dietary preferences can be informed to medical staff.
Doctors for Prostate Cancer Surgery in Germany
UrologistDirector, 29 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Roland Schule is a celebrated Urologist in Germany and has an experience of 29+ years in the field.
- He completed his Habilitation from the University of Freiburg, Germany in 1997, Ph.D. Max-Planck-Institute Martinsried in 1988, and later obtained a Diploma in Biochemistry from the University of Tübingen, Germany in 1980.
- He also obtained the American Cancer Society California Division Senior Fellowship in 1991 and Long Term Postdoctoral Fellowship of the DFG in 1988.
- He has also received the ERC Senior Advanced Grant in the year 2013.
- Dr. Schule has expertise in various urological procedures such as Prostate Cancer, Gene Regulation, laparoscopic nephrectomy, pyeloplasty, ureteric reimplantation, etc.
- He has more than 125 scientific papers in his credit as a primary author and co-author published in various national and international peer-reviewed journals.
UrologistSenior Consultant, 26 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Kurt Miller is a Urologist in Germany and has an experience of 26+ years in the field.
- He completed his doctorate at the University of Heidelberg in 1977 and started working as a Senior physician at the Urological University Clinic in Ulm. Later, he completed his Habilitation in urology at Ulm University in 1987.
- His focus is on oncological surgery, i.e., the surgical treatment of prostate, testicular, bladder, and kidney cancer - also in combination with drug tumor therapy.
- Dr. Miller and his urological clinic participate in numerous global clinical studies and he has even set up a large department for clinical studies for research purposes.
- He has more than 400 scientific papers under his credit as a primary author and co-author published in various national and international peer-reviewed journals.
UrologistDirector, 17 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Thorsten Schlomm is a well-known Urologist with 17+ years in the field.
- He is a member of the German, European and American Society of Urology as well as the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR).
- He studied human medicine and a doctorate in Göttingen and Denver (USA), and later specialist training in urology at the University Hospitals of Göttingen and Hamburg.
- His expertise lies in prostate carcinoma: open surgical and robotic (DaVinci) radical prostatectomy with retention of the nerves, Renal, bladder, and testicular cancer.
- He has numerous scientific publications, book contributions, and research awards in the field of prostate cancer; and has also acted as a reviewer for national and international scientific journals.
Prostate Cancer Surgery Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Urologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Prostate Cancer Surgery
FAQ videos related to Prostate Cancer Surgery
Our patient's testimonials related to Urologist
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Prostate Cancer Surgery in other countries, compared to Germany?
Approximate price of Prostate Cancer Surgery in other countries compared to Germany is:
- India, USD 4000 to USD 6000, approximately 80% lower than Germany
- Turkey, USD 3200 to USD 4800, approximately 84% lower than Germany
- Thailand, USD 13600 to USD 20400, approximately 32% lower than Germany
- Malaysia, USD 8000 to USD 12000, approximately 60% lower than Germany