Pituitary Tumor Treatment Cost In United Arab EmiratesChat
What is Pituitary Tumor?
abnormal cell growth arising in the pituitary gland is termed as a pituitary tumor. these tumorous growths result in excessive secretion of hormones in the body. in some cases, it may obstruct hormone secretion leading to less hormone in the body. most of them are benign and non-cancerous in nature, they remain in the pituitary gland and nearby organs throughout. sign and symptoms of such tumors are headaches, vision issues, weakness, loss of appetite, irregular periods, and sexual dysfunction.
How is the Procedure Performed?
the treatment comprises of surgical removal of tumor by either endoscopic transnasal transsphenoidal approach or by craniotomy. radiation therapy is given by stereotactic radiosurgery, external beam radiation, or proton beam therapy. certain medications are given to control the hormonal imbalance in cases of prolactin-secreting tumors, growth hormone-secreting tumors, and Cushing syndrome.
Who is the Right Doctor for Pituitary Tumor Treatment?
the right doctor for pituitary tumor patients is a neurologist, neurosurgeon, and endocrinologist.
the symptoms of pituitary tumor often go unnoticed, so to diagnose we need a complete blood count, urine analysis followed by MRI and CT scan. An eye test is also preferable.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
the five-year survival rate for people with the pituitary tumor is around 82%.it largely depends on the type of pituitary tumor and person's age and overall health.
The cost of Pituitary Tumor includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost, some of which may include blood tests, vision tests, MRI scans, PET scans, etc.
Surgery cost (Depends upon the type and size of the tumor and the extent to which the tumor has spread)
Type of surgery (Endonasal endoscopic surgery, Neuro-endoscopic surgery, Craniotomy)
Post-Operative cost (there might be a need for chemotherapy or Radiotherapy before or post-surgery)
Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or Single room)
The stage and type of cancer
Patients may require repeated investigation through PET CT and related tests Post-surgery / Chemotherapy / Radiation Therapy.
Any additional tests may be required to know the status of the disease during the course of treatment.
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost of accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident [may take longer duration in case of chemotherapy or radiotherapy sessions]
Help Us With Patient Details
Doctors for Pituitary Tumor Treatment in United Arab Emirates
NeurologistSenior Consultant, 34 years of experience
- Dr. Fadel Fouad Gendy has earned the reputation of a leading Neurosurgeon with his surgical and consultative practice spanning over 34 years.
- After his graduation from Cairo University he also earned his PG. He then earned his MD and PhD qualifications from Ein Shams University, Cairo. Dr. Gendy went on to achieve further training at Vienna University, Austria and New Jersey, the USA. He also received training in cervical spine surgery from Barcelona University in Spain and for microsurgery at Columbia University in New York.
- Dr. Gendy is a leading neurosurgeon who performs surgeries for brain tumour, spinal tumour, spinal fixation, spinal trauma and head trauma. He is a leading medical professional for minimally invasive spine surgeries, back and neck pain, congenital anomalies of the brain and spinal cord in children and disc herniation. He also treats disc diseases, stroke, epilepsy and brain hemorrhage.
- He has attended many national and international conferences and presented several papers.
NeurosurgeonConsultant, 15 years of experience
- Dr Shankar Ayyappan Kutty is an accomplished Neurosurgeon with more than 15 years of expertise.
- He holds the record for the most number of aneurysm surgeries in the world as per the Guinness Book of Records.
- Dr Shankar Ayyappan Kutty expertise is in skull base surgeries, pituitary tumours, brain tumours and spine surgeries.
- He is a member of the Asian Congress of Neurological Society, the Association of Surgeons of India, the Neurological Society of India and the Emirates Medical Association.
- Dr Shankar Ayyappan Kutty graduated from India with an MBBS, MS, MCh and DNB.
- He underwent advanced training at Keio University in Tokyo in skull base surgery.
Dr. Al Mutasim Bellah Khamees Etaiwi
NeurosurgeonSenior Consultant, 19 years of experience
- Dr. Al Mutasim Bellah Khamees Etaiwi is an accomplished UAE Neurosurgeon with +19 years of clinical experience.
- His area of interest is Lumbar laminectomy, Laminotomy, Laminoplasty, Microdiscectomy and Excision of spinal tumours, Cysts and more.
- Dr. Al Mutasim Bellah Khamees Etaiwi is a member of the Pan Arab Neurosurgical Society, the Saudi Association of Neurological Surgery and the Emirates Medical Association.
- He obtained MBBS from a prestigious university.
- He's got F.B.I.M.S. in Neurosurgery from Iraqi Board.
- Dr. Al Mutasim Bellah Khamees Etaiwi got an Arab Spine Course Diploma (ASCD).
Pituitary Tumor Treatment Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals