Pediatric Liver Transplantation Cost In TurkeyChat
What is Pediatric Liver Transplantation?
Pediatric liver transplantation is done in case of children with serious liver issues who will not survive unless a healthy liver part if transplanted. the most common cause of liver transplant in children is Liver atresia which is found in newborn babies. the donor in this case can live a normal healthy life as the liver is going to regenerate soon.
How is the Procedure Performed?
in this process a healthy liver donor is selected, mostly within the family, then under general anesthesia a part of donor's liver is placed in recipient's body and the infected liver is completely removed. the ducts and blood vessels are attached to the newly placed liver and then a catheter is used to drain out excess swelling and fluid accumulation. this may take several hours depending on case.
Who is the Right Doctor for Pediatric Liver Transplantation?
the right doctor for performing such surgeries will be a pediatric liver transplant specialist or a pediatric hepatologist.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
the success rate is quite high for pediatric liver transplantation surgery, 4 out of 5 kids can live up to 20 years of age without any difficulty. however there is risk of infection and rejection in the early time but later things get worked up.
Cost related to Pediatric Liver Transplantation in Turkey
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Pediatric Liver Transplant Surgery||USD 63000 to USD 77000|
Pediatric Liver Transplantation in Turkey
Popular Cities in Turkey for Pediatric Liver Transplantation are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Pediatric Liver Transplantation in TurkeyFilter
Showing 8 Hospitals and doctors for Pediatric Liver Transplantation in Turkey
Medical Park Group, İstanbul
- Medical Park is proud to have one of the most successful and internationally recognized transplant centers which are awarded the name of ''excellence center''.
- Medical Park Hospitals hold all the top-notch International Standards Certification and have regionally renowned and internationally acclaimed excellence center for Liver Transplant in Turkey.
- Patients get the treatment under the guidance of accomplished multidisciplinary team of highly skilled transplant surgeons.
- Heart, liver, lungs, kidneys, pancreas, cornea, bone marrow, and blood transplantations are being performed successfully in Medical Park Group.
American Hospital, Istanbul
The Americal hospital, Turkey was founded in 1920 by a US Navy Admiral L. Bristol. The hospital was started as a non-profitable institution. Nearly 120,000 patients are treated every year in addition to 20,000 inpatients. More than 10,000 surgeries are conducted every year. The hospital specifically keeps in consideration the laws, regulations, and principles of professional ethics. It also gives prime importance to the patient’s privacy. All the medical and administrative systems are constantly examined to look for the scope of improvement and provide patient satisfaction. The hospital is accredited by:
- Joint Commission International 2002, 2005, 2009, 2012, 2015, July 2018
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System April 2018
- ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System May 2018 (American Hospital is the “first” organization to receive the certificate among all public and private hospitals in Turkey.)
- ISO 27001 Information Security Management System May 2018
- Echocardiography Laboratory Accreditation by the European Association of Echocardiography (EAE) 2015
- Global Mobility Certificate by United Healthcare Global 2018
LIV Hospital, Istanbul
- The LIV Hospital Organ Transplant department provides world-class services with well-trained staff and personnel, the specialist has decades of experience in the field of transplantation.
- The LIV Hospital Organ Transplant department is well known for its number of successful transplants and follows effectively the International protocol.
- Till now, the department has operated kore than 5000 kidneys, 1000 liver transplants successfully with minimal complications. They can operate the transplants on both adults and children and has both living and cadaver donors.
Doctors for Pediatric Liver Transplantation in Turkey
Liver Transplant SurgeonConsultant, 23 years of experience
- Dr. Makbule Eren is a well-known Liver Transplant Surgeon in Istanbul, Turkey.
- She has been practicing for the past 23 years.
- She completed her MBBS in 1997, specialized in Medicine in 2002, and specializes in Pediatric Gastroenterology in 2004 from Hacettepe University.
- She is an active member of the National Pediatrics Association, Turkish Liver Research Association, Turkish Pediatric Association, National Society of Gastroenterology, European Society of Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism, and Europian Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition.
- Her primary treatments and procedures include Celiac disease, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Gastroesophageal reflux, Hepatitis, and Liver diseases.
- She has also presented at several national and international conferences and won awards.
General SurgeonAssociate Professor, 19 years of experience
Dr. Yaşar Özdenkaya is a general surgeon with 19+ years of experience. He has published 6 articles in 3 international papers, 12 articles in national journals, 2 chapters in book and presented 14 papers. He has expertise in Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgery, Endocrine Surgery, Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery.
Dr. Özdenkaya completed graduation from Istanbul University and post- graduation from S.B. Okmeydanı Training and Research Hospital.
General SurgeonProfessor, 11 years of experience
- Dr. Burak Kankaya is a renowned general surgeon and has an experience of more than 11 years.
- He has expertise in Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy, Laparoscopic Colon Resection, Laparoscopic Nissen Fundoplication, Laparoscopic Ventral Hernia Repair, and Lung Surgery.
- He also has command over the treatment of esophagus, stomach, small intestine, large intestine, liver, pancreas, gallbladder, appendix and bile ducts, and often the thyroid gland
- Dr. Burak Kankaya has professional membership with the Turkish Surgical Association.
Pediatric Liver Transplantation Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Liver Transplant Surgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Pediatric Liver Transplantation in other countries, compared to Turkey?
Approximate price of Pediatric Liver Transplantation in other countries compared to Turkey is:
- India, USD 17600 to USD 26400, approximately 69% lower than Turkey
- Thailand, USD 48000 to USD 72000, approximately 14% lower than Turkey
- Germany, USD 80000 to USD 120000, approximately 43% higher than Turkey
- Israel, USD 280000 to USD 420000, approximately 400% higher than Turkey
- Singapore, USD 232000 to USD 348000, approximately 314% higher than Turkey
- Malaysia, USD 35200 to USD 52800, approximately 37% lower than Turkey