Pediatric Liver Transplantation Cost In IndiaChat
What is Pediatric Liver Transplantation?
Pediatric liver transplantation is done in case of children with serious liver issues who will not survive unless a healthy liver part if transplanted. the most common cause of liver transplant in children is Liver atresia which is found in newborn babies. the donor in this case can live a normal healthy life as the liver is going to regenerate soon.
How is the Procedure Performed?
in this process a healthy liver donor is selected, mostly within the family, then under general anesthesia a part of donor's liver is placed in recipient's body and the infected liver is completely removed. the ducts and blood vessels are attached to the newly placed liver and then a catheter is used to drain out excess swelling and fluid accumulation. this may take several hours depending on case.
Who is the Right Doctor for Pediatric Liver Transplantation?
the right doctor for performing such surgeries will be a pediatric liver transplant specialist or a pediatric hepatologist.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
the success rate is quite high for pediatric liver transplantation surgery, 4 out of 5 kids can live up to 20 years of age without any difficulty. however there is risk of infection and rejection in the early time but later things get worked up.
Cost related to Pediatric Liver Transplantation in India
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Pediatric Liver Transplant Surgery||Rs.976800 to Rs.1302400|
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Pediatric Liver Transplantation in IndiaFilter
Showing 116 Hospitals and doctors for Pediatric Liver Transplantation in India
Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon
- The liver transplant unit at FMRI provides every service from pre-surgical management to post-operative care.
- It provides access to multiple organ procedures, such as liver-kidney transplant or liver-lung transplant if required.
- The hospital has India’s only center for laparoscopic-assisted donor hepatectomy, which provides cosmetic donor liver resection with small incision and completed safety measures.
- The team is headed by Dr. Vivek Vij, who has an extensive experience of nearly 20 years.
- He has been a part of more than 2500 liver transplants with a success rate of 95 to 100 percent.
- He has carried out more than 500 independent liver transplants, with the lowest biliary complication rate.
Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai
- The liver transplant unit at Apollo Chennai has a 12-bedded specialized critical care unit, which is dedicated to post-surgical management of liver transplant patients.
- The team head has an experience of handling more than 1000 living-donor and deceased-donor liver transplant patients.
- The Liver ICU is well-armed by advanced equipment and managed by experts who are pioneers in their fields such as Infection Disease consultant, Respiratory Therapists, etc.
- The ICU has leading-edge technologies such as advanced ventilators, crash cart with defibrillators, CRRT, SLED, plasma exchange therapy, and other equipment needed for emergency care of the patients.
Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai
- The liver transplant center of Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital has a comprehensive unit, which is the first of its kind.
- The unit successfully performed more than 164 liver transplant surgeries within just 2 years of its launch.
- The team of doctors has managed to achieve a success rate of nearly 87% in Elective Liver transplants and 79% in emergency liver transplants.
- The liver transplant team at the hospital comprises 6 transplant surgeons, 4 hepatologists, 4 anesthetists, 40 hematologists, blood bank specialists, transplant coordinators and several other team members.
- Dr. Divakar Jain is one of the leading liver transplant surgeons at the hospital, who has an extensive experience in pediatric liver transplant, ABO incompatible liver transplant as well as donor safety.
Doctors for Pediatric Liver Transplantation in India
Liver Transplant SurgeonSenior Consultant, 25 years of experience
- Dr. Sanjay Govil is one of the top Liver Transplant Surgeons in India.
- He holds vast experience of 25 years as an accomplished HPB and GI oncology.
- Holds special interest in and deft at performing Liver transplant surgeries.
- Contributed many papers on general, GI, and HPB surgeries in various journals in India and abroad.
- He completed MBBS from Christian Medical College, Vellore in 1985 and MS - General Surgery from Christian Medical College, Vellore in 1989.
- Member of various renowned organizations such as the Association of Surgeons of India and The Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology (Executive committee member, 2008-2010)
Liver Transplant SurgeonConsultant, 20 years of experience
- Dr. Murugan N is one of the leading Hepatologists and Liver Transplant Surgeons based in Chennai
- Holds 14 years of experience in endoscopic procedures
- Specializes in Viral Hepatitis, Fatty Liver, Liver Failure, Liver ICU management and Liver Transplantation
- Expert in Colonoscopy and polypectomy Insertion of Colonic stents Emergency colonoscopic intervention for lower GI bleeding ERCP
- Experienced in the treatment of patients with Viral hepatitis, in managing patients with end stage liver disease, in the assessment and work up of patients prior to liver transplantation, pre and post-operative care, and long-term management of immune suppression
- Till now, has recent experience of 15 successful liver transplants
Liver Transplant SurgeonDirector, 18 years of experience
- Dr. K R Vasudevan is among the top Liver Transplant Surgeons with experience of more than 18 years.
- Dr. Vasudevan has expertise in the treatment of Non-Surgical Fat Loss, Endosurgery, Colonoscopy, Endoscopic Surgery, and Minimally Invasive Surgery
- He has membership association with Association of Surgeons of India, Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology, Indian chapter, International Hepato Pancreatic Biliary Association, Founder Member, Liver Transplant Society of India, and International Liver Transplant Society (ILTS).
- He has received several awards for his incredible contribution to the field of medical science.
- He worked as key opinion leader by The Transplant Society in 2011.
- He trained a team in a government hospital in Gambhat, Pakistan to develop their liver transplant program through regular frequent visits.
Pediatric Liver Transplantation Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Pediatric Liver Transplantation cost in different cities in India?
The price for Pediatric Liver Transplantation in different cities in India is approximately in the range of:
- New Delhi: Rs.825396 to Rs.1291004
- Gurgaon: Rs.846560 to Rs.1269840
- Noida: Rs.793650 to Rs.1322750
- Chennai: Rs.846560 to Rs.1216930
- Mumbai: Rs.867724 to Rs.1291004
- Bangalore: Rs.825396 to Rs.1248676
- Kolkata: Rs.793650 to Rs.1195766
- Jaipur: Rs.740740 to Rs.1185184
- Mohali: Rs.761904 to Rs.1798940
- Ahmedabad: Rs.708994 to Rs.1174602
- Hyderabad: Rs.814814 to Rs.1238094
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Liver Transplant Surgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Pediatric Liver Transplantation in other countries, compared to India?
Approximate price of Pediatric Liver Transplantation in other countries compared to India is:
- Turkey, USD 56000 to USD 84000, approximately 218% higher than India
- Thailand, USD 48000 to USD 72000, approximately 173% higher than India
- Germany, USD 80000 to USD 120000, approximately 355% higher than India
- Israel, USD 280000 to USD 420000, approximately 1491% higher than India
- Singapore, USD 232000 to USD 348000, approximately 1218% higher than India
- Malaysia, USD 35200 to USD 52800, approximately 100% higher than India