Parkinson S Treatment Cost In TurkeyChat
What is Parkinson S?
Parkinson's disease can be defined as a disease of the central nervous system in which the patient experiences the following symptoms -
- Rigidity of joints
- Difficulty in body balancing and walking
These symptoms arise at a late age and gradually aggravate, leading to too much difficulty in sustenance.
It happens because nerve cell damage in the brain leads to a drop in dopamine neurotransmitters.
How is the Procedure Performed?
The treatment of Parkinson's disorder comprises many aspects depending upon the stage of the disease.
In early-diagnosed cases, exercise is advised to maintain control over body movements.
A few medications which will help in easing out the symptoms to a very extent are -
- Dopamine promoters
- Cognition-enhancing medications
However, in advanced cases, we must go for deep brain stimulation procedures and medications.
Who is the Right Doctor for Parkinson S Treatment?
The correct medical specialist for treating Parkinson's is a Neurologist and Neurosurgeon.
A palliative care support team is required when a patient has reached an advanced stage and can no longer perform vital functions independently.
What tests are required?
No set test exists for the exact diagnosis of Parkinson's disease; however, physical examination and neurological analysis will help in provisional diagnosis.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The survival rate post-deep brain stimulation in Parkinson's helps a lot of patients to recover from the loss of control.
The success rate of treatment depends upon the ailment stage and the patient's overall health.
The cost of Parkinson Includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost (Neurological evaluations, MRI, Cognitive assessment, etc.)
Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
Patient's hospital stay (usually 4-5 days)
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
The severity of the disease
Post-surgical complication, if it happens (such as abnormal sensations, numbness, tingling, and involuntary muscle contractions)
Cost of Blood products (if required)
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Cost related to Parkinson S Treatment in Turkey
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Parkinson's Disease||USD 25200 to USD 30800|
|Deep Brain Stimulation||USD 25200 to USD 30800|
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Parkinson S Treatment in TurkeyFilter
Showing 16 Hospitals and doctors for Parkinson S Treatment in Turkey
Hisar Hospital Intercontinental, Istanbul
- The Hisar Hospital’s Neurology department works with a multidisciplinary approach with an aim to provide diagnostic and effective healthcare.
- The Hisar Hospital’s Oncology department offers services such as management of Alzheimer’s disease, Back pain, Bell’s palsy, Birth defects of the brain and spinal cord, Brain Injury, Cerebral palsy, Disk disease of the neck and lower back, Dizziness, Epilepsy, Headaches, Migraines, Sclerosis, Muscular dystrophy, etc.
Medical Park Group, İstanbul
The Department of Neuroscience at Medical Park offers specialized neurological services, and specialists committed to providing state-of-the-art, all-inclusive care.
Prof. Dr. Surat Canbay is one of the renowned Neurosurgeons in Medical Park Hospital with experience of 30+ years.
His clinical area of interest lies in the treatment of brain and spine tumors.
Medical Park Neurology & Neurosurgery Center programs are led by internationally recognized specialists who are the experts in diagnosing and treating the most complex brain and spinal disorders.
Medical Park is rated the World's 10th Most Excellent Center in Parkinson's Disease Surgery.
The method applied in the surgical treatment of Parkinson's Disease and many movement disorders success rates is 80%.
In the neurological department at Medical Park Group, the department offers Brain Tumor Surgery, Tremor Surgery, and Spinal Surgery and other special treatment methods.
Anadolu Medical Center, Kocaeli, Istanbul
Founded in 2005, Anadolu Health Center is located in Gebze district of Turkey. It is affiliated with Johns Hopkins Hospital in the United States, which is the number one medical center in the USA. The hospital has outpatient clinics in Istanbul at Ataşehir.
Anadolu Medical Center is accredited with JCI (Joint Commission International), OECI, ISO (18001, 14001 and 9001) certifications, OHSAS 18001 and ESMO (European Society for Medical Oncology).
The hospital covers a wide range of services, including neurological sciences, cardiovascular health, oncology, gynecology and IVF, diagnosis, and imaging. There are nine oncology departments, including Oncology Diagnosis, Surgical Oncology, Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Hematologic Oncology and Onco-cardiology.
The hospital provides airport pick up and drop facility, visa assistance and translator for French, English, Spanish, Russian, Persian and German. Language assistance is free of charge for international patients. The hospital examines medical reports in English and Russian language.
Doctors for Parkinson S Treatment in Turkey
NeurosurgeonChairman, 31 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Nejat Akalan is a neurosurgeon with more than 31 years of experience.
- He is a leading neurosurgeon for general neurosurgery and epilepsy operation in children.
- Dr. Akalan has expertise in treating glioma, epilepsy, movement disorders, skull injuries, nervous disorders, spine tumors, herniation, and other brain and spine problems.
- Dr. Akalan has published 117 scientific papers in international and national editions.
- He co-authors the book ‘Advances and Technical Standards in Neurosurgery.
NeurosurgeonConsultant, 20 years of experience
- Dr.Ilya Pekarsky is amongst the top-rated Neurosurgeons in the world.
- He is currently working with the Medical Park Healthcare group.
- Dr.Ilya Pekarsky completed his graduation from the Russian National Research Medical University and upgraded his further qualification from prestigious institutions in the USA, Switzerland, France, Italy, and Austria.
- His expertise lies in surgical and nonsurgical treatment of herniated discs, scoliosis, disc space narrowing, and neurosurgical rehabilitation.
- He performs around 60 surgeries every month.
- He is an active member of various organizations including the Israeli Orthopedic Association (IOA), Israeli Spine Society, and Spine Society of Europe.
NeurosurgeonHOD, 37 years of experience
- Dr. Ali Fahir Ozer is a renowned Neurosurgeon practicing successfully for more than 37 years.
- He is adept at performing Brain and Spine Surgery.
- His area of specialization covers biomechanics of the spine and dynamic stabilization of the spine.
- He has taken the patent of spinal products used in spinal surgery.
- He is a member of numerous prestigious associations that include Eurospine, North American Spine Society, AO Spine, Turkish Neurosurgical Society, International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery (ISAS), International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery–Turkey Chapter, Cervical Research Society (CRS), The International Society for Minimal Intervention in Spinal Surgery (ISMISS), and Middle East Spine Society (MESS) etc.
- The doctor has been involved in research and has authored or co‐authored over 200 papers and written 24 book chapters.
- He is also the editor of 7 books and a referee at Spine Journal, World Neurosurgery, Turkish Neurosurgery and Case Reports in Orthopaedics.
- He has completed Medical Doctor Training from Ataturk University, 1969-1976. Thereafter, he pursued Neurosurgery Specialist Training from Hacettepe University Department of Neurosurgery, 1977-1982.
Parkinson S Treatment Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Neurosurgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Parkinson S
FAQ videos related to Parkinson S
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Parkinson S in other countries, compared to Turkey?
Approximate price of Parkinson S in other countries compared to Turkey is:
- Thailand, USD 20000 to USD 30000, approximately 11% lower than Turkey
- Germany, USD 28000 to USD 42000, approximately 25% higher than Turkey
- Israel, USD 18400 to USD 27600, approximately 18% lower than Turkey
- Singapore, USD 16000 to USD 24000, approximately 29% lower than Turkey
- India, USD 17600 to USD 26400, approximately 21% lower than Turkey
- Malaysia, USD 24000 to USD 36000, approximately 7% higher than Turkey