Parkinson S Treatment Cost In MalaysiaChat
What is Parkinson S?
Parkinson's disease can be defined as a disease of the central nervous system in which the patient experiences the following symptoms -
- Rigidity of joints
- Difficulty in body balancing and walking
These symptoms arise at a late age and gradually aggravate, leading to too much difficulty in sustenance.
It happens because nerve cell damage in the brain leads to a drop in dopamine neurotransmitters.
How is the Procedure Performed?
The treatment of Parkinson's disorder comprises many aspects depending upon the stage of the disease.
In early-diagnosed cases, exercise is advised to maintain control over body movements.
A few medications which will help in easing out the symptoms to a very extent are -
- Dopamine promoters
- Cognition-enhancing medications
However, in advanced cases, we must go for deep brain stimulation procedures and medications.
Who is the Right Doctor for Parkinson S Treatment?
The correct medical specialist for treating Parkinson's is a Neurologist and Neurosurgeon.
A palliative care support team is required when a patient has reached an advanced stage and can no longer perform vital functions independently.
What tests are required?
No set test exists for the exact diagnosis of Parkinson's disease; however, physical examination and neurological analysis will help in provisional diagnosis.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The survival rate post-deep brain stimulation in Parkinson's helps a lot of patients to recover from the loss of control.
The success rate of treatment depends upon the ailment stage and the patient's overall health.
The cost of Parkinson Includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost (Neurological evaluations, MRI, Cognitive assessment, etc.)
Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
Patient's hospital stay (usually 4-5 days)
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
The severity of the disease
Post-surgical complication, if it happens (such as abnormal sensations, numbness, tingling, and involuntary muscle contractions)
Cost of Blood products (if required)
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Cost related to Parkinson S Treatment in Malaysia
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Parkinson's Disease||USD 27000 to USD 33000|
Parkinson S Treatment in Malaysia
Popular Cities in Malaysia for Parkinson S Treatment are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Parkinson S Treatment in MalaysiaFilter
Showing 23 Hospitals and doctors for Parkinson S Treatment in Malaysia
Gleneagles Hospital, Kuala Lumpur
- Gleneagles Hospital, Kuala Lumpur is one of the leading hospitals in Malaysia accredited by the Joint Commission International (JCI), the highest international quality accreditation in terms of patient safety and health care services.
- Established in 1996, the hospital is delivering healthcare and excellence for over 25 years.
- The Hospital is particularly known for its Cardiology, Oncology, and Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery.
- It provides comprehensive medical and surgical procedures such as Bariatric Surgery, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, ENT, Hepatobiliary Surgery, Neurosurgery, Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Breast Surgery to mention a few.
- Gleneagles Hospital has one of the most advanced technologies like Gamma Knife and Da Vinci Si Surgery System.
- A well-equipped Imaging Department like Ultrasound Examination, Computed Tomography Scan (C.T. Scan), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Fluoroscopy, Angiography, Non-vascular Interventional Radiology, Mammography, Bone Mineral Densitometry, and General Radiography.
- The Hospital also received several awards namely, the 'International Hospital of the Year,' and 'Highly Commended for Excellence in Customer Service' award from the prestigious International Medical Travel Journal in 2018. It also received the 'Best Health Screening Provider in Asia Pacific' by the Global Health and Travel Awards 2019.
- Several services are provided for international patients such as Visa, flight booking, airport transfer, accommodation, air evacuation & repatriation, doctor referral and appointment, cost estimation, emergency care, and sightseeing.
Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur
- Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur is a premier healthcare hospital that has been serving people from all over the world for 47 years.
- It is a one-stop integrated healthcare provider that specialises particularly in Oncology, Cardiology, Neurology and Neurosurgery, Orthopaedics, and Paediatrics.
- Besides this, it has many medical and surgical departments like Gastroenterology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, General Surgery, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Radiology & Interventional Radiology, Urology, Fertility Services – IVF, and Cranio-Facial Surgery.
- It is supported by cutting-edge technologies like Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Computerised Tomography (CT) scan, PET-CT, Mammography, Fluoroscopy, Ultrasound, Image intensifier, Bone densitometry, Orthopantomography and other interventional procedures.
- It has the prestigious JCI accreditation along with a certification by the Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH). It is also a certified Baby-Friendly Hospital.
- The International Patient Centre (IPC) is available to assist international patients from admission to discharge along with airport transfers.
Pantai Hospital Penang
Pantai Hospital Penang is one of the many hospitals owned by the Pantai Group, a leading healthcare services provider in Malaysia.
The Hospital specialises in Neurology and Cardiology besides having excellent medical and patient care in departments like Oncology, ENT, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedic Surgery, Paediatrics, Renal Medicines, Urology and others.
It has three Centres of Excellence namely, the Cancer Centre, Heart Centre, and Stroke Centre.
It is accredited by the Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH) that is under the Ministry of Health.
It is supported by cutting edge medical and surgical technologies like 160-Slice CT Scan, 64-Slice CT Scan, Bone Densitometer (DEXA), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Mammography, Ultrasonography to mention a few.
The Hospital also has an International Patient Centre that will assist international patients from appointment to discharge along with complimentary chauffeured services to hotels or accommodations in Penang.
It also offers a choice of Health Screening Packages for both men and women.
Doctors for Parkinson S Treatment in Malaysia
NeurosurgeonConsultant, 48 years of experience
- Dr. Selvapragasam T. is a leading Neurosurgeon with +48 years of experience in the field.
- He is a professional member of the, Malaysian Medical Council, Preliminary Investigation Council, Medical Review Panel, Fitness to Practice Panel.
- Dr. Selvapragasam T did his MBBS in 1973 from the Madras University and then purused two fellowships in 1982 at the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland.
- He is a specialist of cranio-spinal surgery, brain surgery for tumours, spinal surgery, intracranial haemorrhages and traumatic brain & spine surgery. He also treats other neurological conditions such as, cervical/lumbar spondylosis. nerve damage, head injuries, paralysis and spinal tumours/lesions.
NeurosurgeonSenior Consultant, 20 years of experience
- Dr Sani Bin Sayuthi is a trained Neurosurgeon with more than 20 years of training and expertise.
- His specialities include preventing, identifying, and treating nerve, spine, and brain problems.
- He is a member of the Neurosurgical Association Of Malaysia, the Malaysian Medical Council and the Academy of Medicine, Malaysia.
- Dr Sani Bin Sayuthi completed his MBBS (1995) from the National University of Ireland, Ireland.
- He obtained his MS (2007) from Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia.
NeurosurgeonConsultant, 40 years of experience
- Mr. B. Gunasekaran is a well-known Neurosurgeon who practises at Gleneagles Penang Hospital.
- He has been working in the field for over 40 years.
- Mr. B. Gunasekaran specialities include brain, spinal cord, and nerve surgery, as well as microsurgery.
- He has completed an MBBS (1975) from the University of Madras, India.
- He obtained FRACS (1983) from Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS), Australia.
- Mr. B. Gunasekaran is well-versed in English, Tamil and Bahasa Melayu.
Parkinson S Treatment Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Neurosurgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Parkinson S
FAQ videos related to Parkinson S
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Parkinson S in other countries, compared to Malaysia?
Approximate price of Parkinson S in other countries compared to Malaysia is:
- Turkey, USD 22400 to USD 33600, approximately 7% lower than Malaysia
- Thailand, USD 20000 to USD 30000, approximately 17% lower than Malaysia
- Germany, USD 28000 to USD 42000, approximately 17% higher than Malaysia
- Israel, USD 18400 to USD 27600, approximately 23% lower than Malaysia
- Singapore, USD 16000 to USD 24000, approximately 33% lower than Malaysia
- India, USD 17600 to USD 26400, approximately 27% lower than Malaysia