Parkinson S Treatment Cost In GermanyChat
What is Parkinson S?
Parkinson's disease can be defined as a disease of the central nervous system in which the patient experiences the following symptoms -
- Rigidity of joints
- Difficulty in body balancing and walking
These symptoms arise at a late age and gradually aggravate, leading to too much difficulty in sustenance.
It happens because nerve cell damage in the brain leads to a drop in dopamine neurotransmitters.
How is the Procedure Performed?
The treatment of Parkinson's disorder comprises many aspects depending upon the stage of the disease.
In early-diagnosed cases, exercise is advised to maintain control over body movements.
A few medications which will help in easing out the symptoms to a very extent are -
- Dopamine promoters
- Cognition-enhancing medications
However, in advanced cases, we must go for deep brain stimulation procedures and medications.
Who is the Right Doctor for Parkinson S Treatment?
The correct medical specialist for treating Parkinson's is a Neurologist and Neurosurgeon.
A palliative care support team is required when a patient has reached an advanced stage and can no longer perform vital functions independently.
What tests are required?
No set test exists for the exact diagnosis of Parkinson's disease; however, physical examination and neurological analysis will help in provisional diagnosis.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The survival rate post-deep brain stimulation in Parkinson's helps a lot of patients to recover from the loss of control.
The success rate of treatment depends upon the ailment stage and the patient's overall health.
The cost of Parkinson Includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost (Neurological evaluations, MRI, Cognitive assessment, etc.)
Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
Patient's hospital stay (usually 4-5 days)
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
The severity of the disease
Post-surgical complication, if it happens (such as abnormal sensations, numbness, tingling, and involuntary muscle contractions)
Cost of Blood products (if required)
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Cost related to Parkinson S Treatment in Germany
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Parkinson's Disease||USD 31500 to USD 38500|
Parkinson S Treatment in Germany
Popular Cities in Germany for Parkinson S Treatment are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Parkinson S Treatment in GermanyFilter
Showing 32 Hospitals and doctors for Parkinson S Treatment in Germany
Vivantes Hospital Group
- The Vivantes Hospital Group is one of the largest state-owned healthcare companies operating around 100 medical departments and institutions, rehabilitation centers, 40 centers of excellence, primary healthcare facilities, 12 nursing facilities, and other outpatient and inpatient healthcare facilities in Berlin, Germany
- The Vivantes Hospital Group was founded in 2001 and the company runs 10 hospitals with a total capacity of nearly 6,000 beds and more than 17,000 employees, 2,300 of which are physicians.
- The Hospitals treat nearly 2,35,622 inpatients and 3,22,503 outpatients per year.
- An exceptional foreign department was established to assist all queries of international patients.
- It is the biggest state-owned hospital group in Berlin providing hospital care for about a third of patients in the city seeking inpatient care.
- Vivantes Clinic August-Victoria received the status of "Baby-friendly hospital" and Vivantes Humboldt and Vivantes Friedrichshain clinics were awarded the UNICEF Quality Awards.
- The tumor center of Vivantes consists of three cancer centers in the north, south, and in the center of Berlin. All three cancer centers are certified by the German Society for Hematology and Oncology (DGHO).
- The Federation for Environmental Protection and Nature Conservation of Germany (Bund Berlin) awarded the Vivantes Neukolln clinic status "Energy Saving Hospital".
Meoclinic Hospital, Berlin
- Founded in 2000, Meoclinic Hospital is a multidisciplinary medical center and is part of MEOGROUP.
- The hospital is certified by the ISO 9001:2008 quality standard and meets the highest medical requirements of the European Union.
- Located in the center of Berlin, the hospital offers the highest level of medical services.
- The team of specialists provides high-quality assistance to every patient.
- Patients choose this hospital for neurology, plastic surgery, endocrinology, pediatric neurosurgery, obstetrics and gynecology.
- It has 5 narrow-focused centers – cardiology, radiology, phlebology, surgery and rehabilitation.
- The center has the latest equipment, including the newest devices of CT and MRI scan, Doppler ultrasonography, EEG and devices for conducting duplex 3D and 4D sonography.
- Spanned in an area of 4,500 square meters, it has 45 beds, including 6 intensive care beds, 3 inpatient and 1 outpatient operating theatres.
Doctors for Parkinson S Treatment in Germany
NeurosurgeonConsultant, 15 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Volker Arnd Coenen is a Neurosurgeon in Freiburg, Germany with over 15+ years of experience.
- He is an active member of organizations such as the German Society for Neurosurgery (DGNC), European Association of Neurosurgical Societies (EANS), The Movement Disorders Society, German Society for Computer and Robot-Assisted Surgery (CURAC), European Society for Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery (ESSFN), World Society for Functional and Stereotactic Neurosurgery (WSFSN), etc.
- He completed graduation from Rheinisch Westfälische Technische Hochschule (RWTH) Aachen in 1992, and did two internships from Neurosurgical Clinic, University Hospital Aachen (Prof. Dr. med. JM Gilsbach) in 1999 and Clinic for Anaesthesiology, University Hospital Aachen, 6-month rotation, intensive care medicine (Prof. Dr. med. R. Rossaint) in 2000.
- He also has a Fellowship in "Functional and stereotactic neurosurgery" from the Surgical Center for Movement Disorders, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada in 2007.
- Dr. Coenen has special interests in dealing with Imaging assisted Deep Brain Stimulation, Spondylolisthesis, Hematoma, Brain contusions, Intracerebral bleed, Aneurysm, Brain tumors, Hypertensive bleed, etc.
- He has authored in national and international publications and also has presented in many national conferences.
NeurosurgeonHead of Department, 39 years of experience
- With 39+ years of experience, Prof. Dr. med. Rudolf Laumer is a neurosurgeon with the main interest in spinal diseases.
- His expertise includes Lumbar disc herniation, cervical disc herniation, Thoracic disc herniation, lumbar spinal stenosis, Cervical spinal stenosis, Spondylolisthesis, artificial intervertebral discs and spinal tumors.
- He is vice president of the professional association of German neurosurgeons BDNC and a member of the board of the German Society for Neurosurgery DGNC.
- Dr. Laumer did graduation and post-graduation from universities in Würzburg and Erlangen.
- He did specialist training in neurosurgery at the University of Erlangen, Erlangen.
- He is a member of the Neurosurgical Academy NCA, German Medical Association and North Rhine Medical Association, Düsseldorf.
NeurosurgeonChief, 35 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Med. Jürgen Kiwit is a neurosurgeon with 35+ years of experience.
- His areas of expertise include Kyphoplasty, Vertebroplasty, endoscopic intervertebral disc surgery, Neuronavigation for spinal and cranial surgery.
- He is a member of AANS (American Association of Neurological Surgeons), WFNS (World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies) and Mayo Alumni German Speaking League.
- Dr. Kiwit completed his graduation followed by post-graduation.
- He did his training in neurosurgery from prestigious hospitals in Germany.
- He has many publications under his name in both national and international journals.
Parkinson S Treatment Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Neurosurgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Parkinson S
FAQ videos related to Parkinson S
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Parkinson S in other countries, compared to Germany?
Approximate price of Parkinson S in other countries compared to Germany is:
- Turkey, USD 22400 to USD 33600, approximately 20% lower than Germany
- Thailand, USD 20000 to USD 30000, approximately 29% lower than Germany
- Israel, USD 18400 to USD 27600, approximately 34% lower than Germany
- Singapore, USD 16000 to USD 24000, approximately 43% lower than Germany
- India, USD 17600 to USD 26400, approximately 37% lower than Germany
- Malaysia, USD 24000 to USD 36000, approximately 14% lower than Germany