Parkinson S Treatment Cost In FranceChat
What is Parkinson S?
Parkinson's disease can be defined as a disease of the central nervous system in which the patient experiences the following symptoms -
- Rigidity of joints
- Difficulty in body balancing and walking
These symptoms arise at a late age and gradually aggravate, leading to too much difficulty in sustenance.
It happens because nerve cell damage in the brain leads to a drop in dopamine neurotransmitters.
How is the Procedure Performed?
The treatment of Parkinson's disorder comprises many aspects depending upon the stage of the disease.
In early-diagnosed cases, exercise is advised to maintain control over body movements.
A few medications which will help in easing out the symptoms to a very extent are -
- Dopamine promoters
- Cognition-enhancing medications
However, in advanced cases, we must go for deep brain stimulation procedures and medications.
Who is the Right Doctor for Parkinson S Treatment?
The correct medical specialist for treating Parkinson's is a Neurologist and Neurosurgeon.
A palliative care support team is required when a patient has reached an advanced stage and can no longer perform vital functions independently.
What tests are required?
No set test exists for the exact diagnosis of Parkinson's disease; however, physical examination and neurological analysis will help in provisional diagnosis.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The survival rate post-deep brain stimulation in Parkinson's helps a lot of patients to recover from the loss of control.
The success rate of treatment depends upon the ailment stage and the patient's overall health.
The cost of Parkinson Includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost (Neurological evaluations, MRI, Cognitive assessment, etc.)
Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
Patient's hospital stay (usually 4-5 days)
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
The severity of the disease
Post-surgical complication, if it happens (such as abnormal sensations, numbness, tingling, and involuntary muscle contractions)
Cost of Blood products (if required)
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Top hospitals and doctors for Parkinson S Treatment in FranceFilter
Showing 1 Hospitals and doctors for Parkinson S Treatment in France
- Lyon Protestant Infirmary Clinic is a renowned Clinic located in Caluire-et-Cuire, France. It was established in 1844.
- The hospital is in one of the largest neighborhoods of medieval Europe dating back to the 15th century. The city of Lyon is France’s second-largest and has over 2,000 years of history. It is famous for its cuisine and its architecture, a mixture of historic and modern art.
- The Clinic has more than 30 medical specialties, including departments in cardiovascular surgery, Visceral Surgery, Oncology, Orthopedic Surgery, ENT, and Urological Surgery.
- The Hospital is certified by the prestigious National Health Authority (HAS), an independent authority that evaluates the quality of care provided at French hospitals. They were the ones to introduce Robotic-Assisted Surgery in the unit and also and opened a dedicated thoracic pain unit.
- Moreover, the unit offers free WiFi, accepts the dietary requests of patients and the rooms are air-conditioned. The person accompanying the patient can stay in a VIP private room.
- The team comprises qualified professionals with personnel having extensive experience. Medical assistance is available around the clock with translators so that there is no communications barrier.
Parkinson S Treatment Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Neurosurgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals