Parkinson S Treatment Cost In EgyptChat
What is Parkinson S?
Parkinson's disease can be defined as a disease of the central nervous system in which the patient experiences the following symptoms -
- Rigidity of joints
- Difficulty in body balancing and walking
These symptoms arise at a late age and gradually aggravate, leading to too much difficulty in sustenance.
It happens because nerve cell damage in the brain leads to a drop in dopamine neurotransmitters.
How is the Procedure Performed?
The treatment of Parkinson's disorder comprises many aspects depending upon the stage of the disease.
In early-diagnosed cases, exercise is advised to maintain control over body movements.
A few medications which will help in easing out the symptoms to a very extent are -
- Dopamine promoters
- Cognition-enhancing medications
However, in advanced cases, we must go for deep brain stimulation procedures and medications.
Who is the Right Doctor for Parkinson S Treatment?
The correct medical specialist for treating Parkinson's is a Neurologist and Neurosurgeon.
A palliative care support team is required when a patient has reached an advanced stage and can no longer perform vital functions independently.
What tests are required?
No set test exists for the exact diagnosis of Parkinson's disease; however, physical examination and neurological analysis will help in provisional diagnosis.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The survival rate post-deep brain stimulation in Parkinson's helps a lot of patients to recover from the loss of control.
The success rate of treatment depends upon the ailment stage and the patient's overall health.
The cost of Parkinson Includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost (Neurological evaluations, MRI, Cognitive assessment, etc.)
Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
Patient's hospital stay (usually 4-5 days)
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
The severity of the disease
Post-surgical complication, if it happens (such as abnormal sensations, numbness, tingling, and involuntary muscle contractions)
Cost of Blood products (if required)
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Parkinson S Treatment in Egypt
Popular Cities in Egypt for Parkinson S Treatment are:
Top hospitals and doctors for Parkinson S Treatment in EgyptFilter
Showing 10 Hospitals and doctors for Parkinson S Treatment in Egypt
- The Behman Psychiatric Hospital is one of the biggest medical centers in Cairo, Egypt. It is the first private psychiatric hospital in Egypt, which was founded in 1940, making it the oldest in Egypt.
- In 1999, the hospital was accredited as a training center by the Royal College of Psychiatrists, with experience gained here counting towards sitting for the MRCPsych exam in the UK. In 2000, the hospital was affiliated with the department of psychiatry at Wayne State University, Michigan, USA.
- The Behman Hospital is a leading center for psychiatric care and education in the Middle East and Offering more specialized services in Helwan, our base hospital, whilst disseminating our satellite units all over the Middle East.
- There are 24/7 services available such as are Emergency, Imaging, Pharmacy, Laboratory, In Patients, and Blood Bank Services.
- The hospital comprises innovative medical technologies that have transformed this hospital into one of the top academic medical centers.
- The services provided by the hospital include General Adult Psychiatry, Old Age Psychiatry, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Substance Misuse Clinic, Psychological Services, Learning Disabilities, and Sleep Disorders.
- The Cleopatra Hospital listed on the Egyptian Stock Exchange in 2016, is Egypt’s largest private hospital group by a number of hospital beds and number of operating hospitals.
- The Hospital is established in 2014, has two Polyclinics i.e, New Cairo Polyclinic located in East Cairo, and El Sheikh Zayed Polyclinic is located in Majaraah, in West Cairo.
- Dr. Mohamed Saad Hangras is a well-known Cardiologist in Cleopatra, with a thriving experience of more than 30 years. He is a professor of Cardiothoracic Surgery Kasr El Ainy and a fellow of San Donato Clinic, University of Milan Italy. He is also a member of the Egyptian Association of Cardiac and Chest Surgery.
- The hospital offers Cath lab facilities which are equipped with an operation room and CCU that contains 4 beds (each with its own monitor), the lab is staffed by highly trained healthcare providers who are trained for a range of procedures including coronary, vascular, congenital, neurological, and ERCP diagnostics and interventions.
- The hospital has a dental department is also equipped with a panoramic X-ray room, Sterilization room that meets the international standards. The range of primary and specialty healthcare services assures comprehensive treatment for patients.
- The main mission of CHG is to deliver the finest quality healthcare in Egypt in a safe, reliable, and caring environment that leverages our highly trained healthcare providers, state-of-the-art facilities, and the latest medical technology, always putting patients and their families first.
- The Center provides services on a 24/7 basis, the department is fully equipped with an operating room, treatment room, and a special clinic for examining and treating children. It also has a fully equipped ambulance service for the collection and transfer of patients.
- Located near the Nile river, As-Salam International Hospital is a tertiary healthcare provider that upholds quality medical care and services combined with cutting-edge technological equipment and innovations.
- It is a flagship of the Alameda Healthcare System and the Hospital is one of the largest private sector tertiary healthcare providers in Egypt.
- It has 6 Centres of Excellence namely - Cardiac Sciences, Neurosciences, Cancer Care, Orthopaedics, GIT & Liver, and Renal Sciences with more than 30 other specialities.
- Its quality healthcare is evident through its JCI accreditation since 2015. In fact, it is the first in the Middle East to receive the JCI for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. It also received the same accreditation for Acute Myocardial Infarction in 2019.
- It received an ISO 14001- Environmental safety certification in 2020, and the international certification of Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) System- Food Safety in 2020.
- Its highly specialised German Centre for Rehabilitation, equipped with ultra modern technologies and well-trained physiotherapists is the first in Egypt to provide physical therapy and other related services to help a patient regain physical ability after injury or illness.
Doctors for Parkinson S Treatment in Egypt
NeurologistConsultant, 20 years of experience
- Dr Tarek Rayan is a Neurosurgeon with more than 15 years of expertise in this field.
- Services provided by him includes Pediatric Neurology, Adult Neurology, Pediatric Neurosurgery, Adult Spine Surgery, and many more.
- He earned his Doctorate of Medicine from Alexandria University in 2003.
- Dr Tarek Rayan have several publications credited to his name.
- His energy and excitement are seen as a welcome addition to the center's teamwork..
Parkinson S Treatment Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Neurosurgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals