Pancreatic Cancer Treatment Cost In United Arab EmiratesChat
What is Pancreatic Cancer?
Pancrease is the organ situated behind the lower part of the stomach and secrets digestive enzymes and hormones that help to regulate blood sugar levels. cancer and cancerous growth arising in pancreas are called pancreatic cancer. it is quite rare in occurrence and mostly malignant in nature. it has a poor prognosis as no specific sign and symptoms are seen in the early stage. At a later stage also sudden weight loss and loss of appetite are common symptoms that are also non-specific. It is often called 'silent' cancer because of no sigh and symptoms shown.
How is the Procedure Performed?
when we talk about treatment, it totally depends upon the stage and extent of cancerous spread to nearby organs. if surgery is required then we have to remove the complete pancreas by the process of pancreatectomy. then to further reduced the progression of cancer we have to give chemotherapy and radiotherapy. Palliative care post-surgery is needed to aid in digestion.
Who is the Right Doctor for Pancreatic Cancer Treatment?
this kind of treatment is done under the supervision of a gastroenterologist, general surgeon, and oncologist.
usually, the tests done for detecting pancreatic cancer are ultrasound, CT scan, and MRI but in some cases, we need a PET scan as well.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
pancreatic cancer is very difficult to diagnose in an early stage. so its survival rate is also very poor as it mostly spreads to nearby organs.
The cost of Pancreatic Cancer includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost, some of which may include a Blood test, MRI scan, CT scan, Biopsy, Ultrasound, etc.
Surgery cost (Depends upon the type and size of the tumour and the extent to which the tumour has spread)
Type of surgery [Whipple procedure (pancreaticoduodenectomy), Distal pancreatectomy, Total pancreatectomy, Stent placement, Bypass surgery]
Post-Operative cost (there might be a need for chemotherapy or Radiotherapy before or post-surgery)
Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
The stage and type of cancer
Patients may require repeated investigation through PET CT and related tests Post-surgery / Chemotherapy / Radiation Therapy.
Any additional tests may be required to know the status of the disease during the course of treatment.
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost of accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident [may take longer duration in case of chemotherapy or radiotherapy sessions]
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Pancreatic Cancer Treatment in United Arab EmiratesFilter
Showing 25 Hospitals and doctors for Pancreatic Cancer Treatment in United Arab Emirates
Medeor Hospital 24x7, Dubai
- Medeor 24x7 is a multispeciality hospital based in Dubai, providing the highest level of medical excellence, it was established in 2007, by Dr. Shamsheer Vayalil and is accredited by JCL(Joint Commission International).
- The hospital deals with different specialties such as cardiology, Mother & Child Care, Urology, Gastroenterology, Laparoscopic surgeries, etc. The team comprises skilled general and specialty medical practitioners, nurses, technologists along with personnel having extensive experience.
- Medeor is well equipped with diagnostic and imaging facilities such as the 1.5 tesla MRI, high end 160 CT Scan, and dual detector X-ray in order to meet the ever-changing needs of the patients.
- The hospital's urology department is well known for its In-depth investigations in the case of renal stones and urinary reconstructive techniques. It also offers Endoscopic treatment of kidney, Ureter and Bladder stones, and Extracorporeal shock-Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL) for Urinary stone.
Thumbay Hospital, Ajman
- Thumbay Hospital is the first JCI accredited private hospital in Ajman and one of the leading private hospitals in the UAE.
- It has been the first choice of hospital destination for over 175 nationalities by providing world-class medical care at an affordable cost.
- According to the Thumbay Hospital, Ajman- KPI Statistics 2018, 93.13% of patients wish to revisit Thumbay Hospital Ajman for their future healthcare needs while 93% would recommend it to their friends & family.
- The Hospital is part of a network of academic hospitals based in the UAE and is a constituent teaching hospital of GMU, (the Gulf Medical University) Academic Health System.
- It has 21 Departments and various Health packages including those specifically for women.
- It was considered the “Best Medical Tourism Hospital in the Middle East” by the New Economy, UK.
- It also won a Silver Award at the prestigious Sheikh Khalifa Excellence Awards 2018
- The Hospital provides Telehealth/Video Consultation to patients.
Cleveland Clinic, Abu Dhabi
- An extension of Cleveland Clinic in USA, the Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi was established in 2015 to provide services for complex and critical care and to develop a rich, world-class healthcare infrastructure within the country.
- Being a multispecialty hospital, it spreads across 14 Institutes and 40 medical and surgical specialities with state-of-the-art technologies and unparalleled patient care.
- It prides itself in its 6 Centres of Excellence comprising Heart & Vascular Institute, Neurological Institute, Eye Institute, Respiratory Institute, and Critical Care Institute.
- Presenting the Clinic's model of care, it upholds the "Patient First" philosophy that ensures delivering the best patient-centred care in every part of their journey. As such, a highly specialised training is given to all caregivers in the Hospital.
- The Hospital has the largest Multidisciplinary Simulation Centre which is an advanced healthcare education through experiential learning in a controlled environment thus resulting in improvised and better patient safety and experience.
- Its priority in the highest standard of healthcare quality and patient safety is reflected in several of its accreditation received from the JCI, the highest "5 Diamonds" rating from the Department of Health, Abu Dhabi’s Muashir assessment; the first to receive the Magnet Accreditation in UAE (the global benchmark in nursing excellence), the JAWDA People’s Choice Award, Arab Board Accreditation, a CAP certified Laboratory, HIMSS Stage 7 Award (the international benchmark for advanced IT to improve patient care) to mention a few.
- It has the International Patient Services that has been serving foreign patients from more than 114 countries around the globe assisting them in their respective personalised plan and treatment. The team also assist in visa, travel plans, tourism etc besides treatment.
- The Hospital is part of the Abu Dhabi Medical Tourism organisation.
Doctors for Pancreatic Cancer Treatment in United Arab Emirates
Medical OncologistConsultant, 10 years of experience
- Dr. Dhanaraju Muniswamy is a reputed Medical Oncologist, practicing for more than 10 years in his field.
- He is a gold medalist and the best outgoing student in his super specialty course of DM Medical Oncology.
- He was the first Medical Oncologist that worked in the Hospital in Maldives.
- He has expertise in the management of cases: like breast cancers, gastrointestinal oncology, lung problems, Lymphomas, preventive oncology, and targeted and immunotherapy.
- He helped create awareness by conducting cancer screening camps and providing oncological services. He was also among the governing members of the start of the cancer registry in the country.
- As an author, he has over 10 publications in various indexed national and international journals.
- He has won the ISMPO paper presentation.
Medical OncologistConsultant, 15 years of experience
- Dr. Batool Mamdouh Aboud has over 15 years of clinical experience as a leading Medical Oncologist.
- Her specialization is Gastrointestinal cancer (including oesophagus, gastric, colon, rectal, liver and pancreas), Solid and Haematology malignancy and Solid Tumour (especially gastrointestinal tract tumour).
- Dr. Batool Mamdouh Aboud is a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, the Syrian Board in Medical Oncology, the Syrian Oncology Society, the Emirate Oncology Society and the Emirates Medical Association.
- She graduated from Damascus University, Syria with an MS (2006).
- Dr. Batool Mamdouh Aboud has a Master's degree (2011) in medical oncology from the Minister of Higher Education, Syria.
Medical OncologistSenior Consultant, 25 years of experience
- Medical Oncologist Dr Mohamad Azzam Farouk Ziade has over 25 years of professional expertise.
- He handles Medical Oncology, Clinical Haematology, Hemoglobinopathy hemostatic disorders, Hemophilia, Solid tumours and Bone Marrow Transplants.
- Dr Mohamad Azzam Farouk Ziade is a member of the Emirates Oncology Society and the Emirates Medical Association.
- He obtained a National Diploma from the University of Padova, Italy.
- He completed his Master's degree in Bone Marrow Transplants (2003).
- Dr Mohamad Azzam Farouk Ziade has a Fellowship in Myelodysplasia, Leukemia and Bone Marrow Transplant from the King’s College Hospital, London.
Pancreatic Cancer Treatment Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Medical Oncologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals