Paget S Disease Treatment Cost In GermanyChat
What is Paget S Disease?
Paget's disease of bone is a chronic disease of the skeleton. In healthy bone, a process called remodeling removes old pieces of bone and replaces them with new, fresh bone. Paget's disease causes this process to shift out of balance, resulting in the new bone that is abnormally shaped, weak, and brittle.
How is the Procedure Performed?
Paget disease is treated both surgically and non surgically, If there is no pain or other symptoms, no treatment is required. The doctor may recommend monitoring the condition with regular office visits and periodic x-rays to watch for changes in the affected bone and to ensure that complications do not develop, whereas, if symptoms do occur, the doctor may recommend one or more nonsurgical treatments. Medications such as Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are given for mild pain.
Who is the Right Doctor for Paget S Disease Treatment?
The right doctor to consult for Paget's Disease is an Orthopedic Surgeon along with a Rheumatologist.
Tests like X-Ray, MRI, Bone scan, Biopsy, etc are required for Paget's disease.
Top hospitals and doctors for Paget S Disease Treatment in GermanyFilter
Showing 32 Hospitals and doctors for Paget S Disease Treatment in Germany
- The Charité University Hospital located in Berlin is one of Europe's most reputed and largest university hospitals affiliated with Humboldt University and Free University Berlin.
- Established in 1710, it is one of Germany's most research-intensive medical institutions, which was ranked by Focus as the best of over 1000 hospitals in Germany.
- In 2010, the clinic celebrated its 300th anniversary, and in 2019 and 2020, Newsweek ranked the Charité as the fifth-best hospital in the world and best in Europe.
- The hospitals has numerous Collaborative Research Centres (CRC) of the Deutsche Forschungsgmeinschaft.
- Charité treats more patients than any other university hospital in Germany with 692,920 outpatient cases and 152,693 inpatient cases in a year.
- From 2012 to 2020, more than half of all German Nobel Prize winners in Physiology or Medicine, including Emil von Behring, Robert Koch, and Paul Ehrlich have worked at the Charité.
- Several congressmen and diplomats have been treated at the Charité, including German Chancellor Angela Merkel, Yulia Tymoshenko from Ukraine, and, more recently, Russian opposition politician Alexei Navalny was treated here in August 2020.
- Carl Gustav Carus University Hospital, Dresden was established in the year 1815 and is one of the oldest and most reputed hospitals in Germany.
- The hospital is famous for its high standards of medical services and is recognised by many certificates received from international quality centers including ISO 19001 and DKG certificates.
- The University Hospital was a part of the “Best quality of medical service and patient care in Germany” list, published by Focus Health magazine and in 2020, 15 departments received the “Top National Hospital” award as well
- Since 2019, the doctors of the neurosurgery department use MRI-3 Tesla to monitor the patient’s state during the surgery, which makes the department one of the most technologically advanced in the country.
- The hospital’s activity is closely overseen by a Supervisory Council, which ensure the hospital upholds its quality and effective management.
- In 2007, the Dresden University Hospital Cancer Center received the “Best oncology center” from the German Cancer Aid Society (DKH).
- Since 2012. the Carl Gustav Carus Orthopaedics and Traumatology Center has been leading the Focus magazine “Best medical facilities in Germany” rating.
- The hospital includes general and special ophthalmological departments with 41 inpatient wards out of which 8 of them are for child patients.
Doctors for Paget S Disease Treatment in Germany
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement SurgeonHead of Department, 20 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Med. Wolfgang Bocker is a renowned Orthopedic with special focus on Traumatology and Reconstructive surgeries. Dr.Bocker has been in the field of treating chronic and acute, acquired and congenital injuries of the musculoskeletal system with any degree of severity for 20 years.
- As the President, he has held professional memberships of the European Orthopedic Research Society Congress (2017) and the Osteology Congress (2014). In the recent years, he was the member of Trauma AKADEMIE (2014) and Professional Association of Bavarian Surgeons (2015).
- In 1996, he completed his medical studies from the Free University, Berlin followed by a one-year practice at the Medical College of Ohio.
- He possesses expertise in performing reconstructive surgery, 3D surgery, spinal navigation surgery, septic surgery, injuries to the spine, pelvic bones, upper and lower limbs, fractures after endoprostheses or osteosynthesis and treatment of bone diseases and metabolic bone diseases.
- He has contributed scholarly articles to several publications.
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement SurgeonDirector, 32 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Norbert Sudkamp is an Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon with 32+ years of experience.
- He has professional membership of the German Society for Trauma Surgery, German Society for Surgery, Working Group for Arthroscopy (AGA), German Society for Sports Medicine, European Society for Surgery of the Shoulder and the Elbow (SECEC), and German Society for Shoulder and Elbow Surgery.
- He is also a corresponding member of the Orthopedic Trauma Association of North America, International Member Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA), & American Association of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS), Chairman Shoulder Expert Group of the AO/ASIF, and Chairman Research Board of the AO.
- He first studied electrical engineering at the Technical University of Hannover in 1969 and later studied Medicine in 1975 at the Hannover Medical School.
- In 1998, he also did a Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Trauma Surgery from Hannover Medical School.
- He has expertise in Fracture, Hip Surgery, Trauma Surgery, Bone, Biomechanics, Knee Surgery, Knee Injuries, Tissue Engineering, Biomaterials, etc.
- He has presented multiple paper presentations at State and National conferences and written well-researched articles for many journals.
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement SurgeonSenior Consultant, 20 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Bernd Rolauffs is an Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon with 20+ years of experience.
- He has is a long-term member of multiple international and German societies including the Orthopaedic Research Society (ORS), International CartilageRepair Society (ICRS), and German Association of Trauma Surgery(DGU).
- During his early stage of residency, he pursued a two-year post-doctoral research fellowship in the Department of Biochemistry, followed by a second, three-year post-doctoral fellowship for Biomedical Engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in Boston.
- He additionally received a six-month clinical scholarship in the Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Brigham and Women's Hospital, at Harvard Medical School.
- In 2009, he founded and headed the Laboratory for Molecular Biomechanicsat the University of Tübingen, Germany, and in 2012, he was appointed deputy director of the newly founded Siegfried Weller Institute for Trauma Research at the BGU.
- His expertise lies in areas such as Sports Injuries, Tissue Engineering, Biomechanical Engineering, Biomaterials Fracture, Biomechanics, Knee Surgery, Knee Injuries, etc.
- He has written various well-researched articles for many national and international journals.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals