Pacemaker Cost In United Arab EmiratesChat
What is Pacemaker?
A Pacemaker is a small device, which uses electrical pulses to prompt the heart to beat at a normal rate.
How is the Procedure Performed?
The procedure of a Pacemaker implant involves the use of sedative to relax the individual followed by a small incision near the shoulder. Then the surgeon will implant the generator under the skin near the collarbone to help control abnormal heart rhythms.
Who is the Right Doctor for Pacemaker?
The right doctor to consult for a Pacemaker placement is a Cardiologist along with an Electrophysiologist.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate of Pacemaker placement is usually high and varies between 92-96%.
A Pacemaker placement may have some complications such as, an allergic reaction to anesthesia, bleeding, Damaged nerves or blood vessel, Infection at the site of the incision, or rarely a collapsed lung.
The cost of pacemaker surgery includes:
- Preoperative diagnostic tests cost [blood tests, a chest X-ray, an echocardiogram (ECG) and an electrocardiogram (EKG)]
- Procedure cost
- Type of pacemaker used [Single-chamber, Dual-chamber, or Cardiac resynchronization therapy - pacemaker (CRT-P) (used in patients ≥ 90 years of age)]
- Post-procedure cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
- Cost of medication
- Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
- Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
- Post-procedure complications [include pocket bleeding (hematoma), pneumothorax, cardiac injury or tamponade, lead dislodgement, deep venous thrombosis, infection (especially life-threatening endocarditis and lead or device malfunctions), etc.]
- Cost of blood products (if required)
- An extended stay at the hospital
- Cost of accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Pacemaker in United Arab EmiratesFilter
Showing 22 Hospitals and doctors for Pacemaker in United Arab Emirates
Medeor 24x7 Hospital, Abu Dhabi
- Medeor 24x7 Hospital in Abu Dhabi is a multi-speciality family hospital that aims to provide healthcare service with hospitality at its core with personalised attention at key points.
- It has 25 Specialities with 8 Centres of Excellence including Maternal Education Classes, Nutrition for a healthy pregnancy, Exercise during pregnancy, Birth planning, Postnatal support, Lactation support, Mental Health Support, and Birth Companion Services - Doula.
- It has an International Patient Centre that is equipped to serve foreign patients in assisting them before, during, and after the patient's visit.
- It furnished with ultra-modern facilities like fully equipped OT, Neonatal ICU, Radiology Services, MRI, Dental Services, Ambulance, Day Care Ward, and VIP and VVIP Rooms.
- With its avant-garde medical equipment, patient-friendly interiors, and hand-picked personnel, it envisions a pro-active partnership between a healthcare professional and patient, with the emphasis on taking a holistic and long term view on the patient's health.
- The Hospital is JCI accredited.
- It accepts insurances like MetLife, Whealth International, NAS, MSH International, Daman, Aafiya etc.
Burjeel Specialty Hospital, Sharjah
- Established in October 2019, Burjeel Specialty Hospital in Sharjah is the 23rd hospital developed under VPS healthcare.
- The 75-bedded hospital is the Joint Commission International (JCI) accredited hospital with 24*7 laboratory and emergency services and radiology department covering a wide range of radiology specialties.
- The hospital offers six centers of excellence that include women’s health, primary care surgery, neurosciences, bariatric surgery & weight loss, plastic, reconstructive, & cosmetic surgery, and cardiac sciences.
Doctors for Pacemaker in United Arab Emirates
Cardiac SurgeonConsultant, 20 years of experience
- Dr. Sundar Kumar, with +20 years of experience is a leading Consultant Interventional Cardiologist in Dubai.
- He is a graduate, MD and DM degree holder. His initial cardiology was done in Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, Bangalore, after which he completed fellowship training in interventional cardiology the Institut Cardiovasculaire Paris Sud (ICPS) in Massy, France.
- Dr. Kumar has performed a wide variety of cardiac cases, some of which have been complex coronary interventional procedures such as, trans radial complex coronary interventions, pacemaker implantation, transthoracic echocardiography, transesophageal echocardiography, stress echocardiography, ECG Holter Monitoring, ambulatory blood pressure monitoring and interventional cardiac procedures including cardiac catherisation, angiography & angioplasty/stenting.
- He has been active in continuing medical education and has published scholarly researched articles for international journals.
ElectrophysiologistConsultant, 16 years of experience
- Dr. Shadi Idris is a Cardiologist, based in Abu Dhabi with 16+ years of experience.
- He has graduated from the Aleppo University, Syria, followed by and his Cardiology training program at the Providence Hospital, Southfield, Michigan, USA. Later, he pursued his electrophysiology fellowship at the reputed Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Dr. Idris is American Board Certified in Cardiology as well as in Clinical Electrophysiology. His areas of expertise lie in managing heart rhythm problems & clinical electrophysiology procedures including ablations and cardiac device implants.
- Under his credit, there are both national and international publications in accredited indexed journals.
- He is also actively invited as a guest speaker in scientific meetings, Conferences, CDE's and worldwide sessions to talk about heart rhythm problems and their management.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Electrophysiologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals