Pacemaker Cost In MalaysiaChat
What is Pacemaker?
A Pacemaker is a small device, which uses electrical pulses to prompt the heart to beat at a normal rate.
How is the Procedure Performed?
The procedure of a Pacemaker implant involves the use of sedative to relax the individual followed by a small incision near the shoulder. Then the surgeon will implant the generator under the skin near the collarbone to help control abnormal heart rhythms.
Who is the Right Doctor for Pacemaker?
The right doctor to consult for a Pacemaker placement is a Cardiologist along with an Electrophysiologist.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate of Pacemaker placement is usually high and varies between 92-96%.
A Pacemaker placement may have some complications such as, an allergic reaction to anesthesia, bleeding, Damaged nerves or blood vessel, Infection at the site of the incision, or rarely a collapsed lung.
The cost of pacemaker surgery includes:
- Preoperative diagnostic tests cost [blood tests, a chest X-ray, an echocardiogram (ECG) and an electrocardiogram (EKG)]
- Procedure cost
- Type of pacemaker used [Single-chamber, Dual-chamber, or Cardiac resynchronization therapy - pacemaker (CRT-P) (used in patients ≥ 90 years of age)]
- Post-procedure cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
- Cost of medication
- Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
- Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
- Post-procedure complications [include pocket bleeding (hematoma), pneumothorax, cardiac injury or tamponade, lead dislodgement, deep venous thrombosis, infection (especially life-threatening endocarditis and lead or device malfunctions), etc.]
- Cost of blood products (if required)
- An extended stay at the hospital
- Cost of accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Cost related to Pacemaker in Malaysia
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|PPI-Permanent Pacemaker Implant - Double Chamber||USD 9900 to USD 12100|
|Angioplasty and Stent Placement||USD 6660 to USD 8140|
|Biventricular Pacing||USD 9000 to USD 11000|
|PPI-Permanent Pacemaker Implant - Single Chamber||USD 5760 to USD 7040|
Pacemaker in Malaysia
Popular Cities in Malaysia for Pacemaker are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Pacemaker in MalaysiaFilter
Showing 16 Hospitals and doctors for Pacemaker in Malaysia
Gleneagles Hospital, Penang
- Gleneagles Hospital, Penang has been providing healthcare services for 48 years with the highest quality medical and surgical services, patient care, and support.
- It was given a JCI accreditation with a Gold Seal of Approval for international quality standards for patient care and organization management in 2016; a reflection of the Hospital's exemplary healthcare quality standards.
- It is a tertiary care hospital for both national and international patients providing a one-stop services.
- Its comprehensive medical and surgical specialities include Cariology, Interventional Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Electrophysiology, ENT, Endocrine Surgery, Foot & Ankle Surgery, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Oncology, Surgical Oncology, Gynaecological Oncology, Interventional Radiology, Paediatrics including Orthopaedics, Surgery, and Urology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery, Spinal Surgery and other specialities.
- The Hospital is also Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH) accredited.
- International patients are assisted in services such as visa, flight, doctor's appointment and hospital discharge, emergency, airport transfers, special dietary needs, accommodation, language interpretation, and local sightseeing.
Subang Jaya Medical Centre, Subang Jaya
- A joint venture of Ramsay Health Care, Australia and Sime Darby, Malaysia, Subang Jaya Medical Centre is the flagship hospital of Ramsay Sime Darby Health Care.
- The Hospital provides tertiary care with a wide range of comprehensive specialities and is well known for its pioneering clinical practice, cutting edge medical technologies, and progress through continual scientific research.
- Its medical and surgical specialities include Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, ENT, General Surgery, Gastroenterology, Gynaecology (Reproductive Medicine Specialist), Gynaecology (Urogynaecology), Neurology, Neurosurgery, Nuclear Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Oculoplastic Surgery, Oncology, Orthopaedics, Orthopaedic Surgery, an extensive Paediatrics specialities like Cardiology, Dermatology, Genetics & Metabolism, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery and many more.
- The quality healthcare services it provides are reflected through its JCI Accreditation and many awards it has received in such as the Best Practices Award, Malaysia Hospital Company of the Year 2021, Best Hospital of the Year in Asia Pacific 2020, Nephrology Service Provider of the Year in Asia Pacific 2020, Oncology (Surgical) Service Provider of the Year in Asia Pacific 2020, and Best Hospital of the Year in Malaysia 2020.
- It is also the only Hospital in Malaysia to win the Prime Minister’s Quality Award (Private sector category) twice - 1998 & 2003.
- It has a dedicated International Patients Care team that assist patients from appointment to discharge along with visa, accommodation, cost estimation, and other necessary services.
ParkCity Medical Centre, Kuala Lumpur
ParkCity Medical Centre, Kuala Lumpur is a multidisciplinary private hospital owned by Ramsey Sime Darby Healthcare (RSDH), one of the trusted and leading healthcare providers of Malaysia known for its pioneering medical practices and employing the latest medical technologies.
It has comprehensive medical and surgical specialities including Breast Surgery, Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, ENT, General Surgery, Gastroenterology & Hepatology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Paediatrics, Neurosurgery, Neurology, Orthopaedics, Orthopaedic Surgery, Oncology, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Plastic Surgery, and many more.
It is a JCI Accredited Hospital and has won many accolades such as Bronze Award for The Best In House Digital Team for Doctors Online Appointment App 2016, Frost and Sullivan Excellence in EMR Implementation Award 2013, Reader’s Digest Trusted Brands Award 2011 to mention a few.
It has a Child Development Centre Clinical Psychology, Occupational Therapy, Speech-Language Therapy, Audiology, and Optometry.
It has a dedicated International Patient Care Team that assist patients with appointments, cost estimation, admission & discharge, accommodation, and interpreter services.
Doctors for Pacemaker in Malaysia
ElectrophysiologistConsultant, 30 years of experience
- Dr. Lim Tye Leng is a renowned cardiologist.
- She is adept in performing bypass surgeries and angioplasty.
- Her expertise is in the areas of heart diseases, congestive heart failure, and Arrhythmia.
- After completing her MBChB from National University of Ireland, she has done MRC, and Diploma in Cardiology from University of London (U.K.).
ElectrophysiologistConsultant, 35 years of experience
- Dr. Ahmad Nizar B Jamaluddin is a reputed and knowledgeable Cardiologist with 35 years of rich experience.
- His areas of specialization are Electrophysiology, CT Coronary Angiography, Angioplasty, Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy, etc.
- He completed MD from University Kebangsaan, Malaysia, in 1986, MRCP from Royal College of Physicians, United Kingdom, in 1991, and Fellowship from American College of Cardiology in 2004.
- He was a member of the National Heart Association of Malaysia, Cardiology Credential Committee Academy of Medicine Malaysia, and the National Heart Association of Malaysia.
ElectrophysiologistConsultant, 13 years of experience
- Dr. Lim Chiao Wen is a well-known Cardiologist having experience of 13 years.
- She is adept in performing electrophysiology services, and specializes in syncope and arrhythmias.
- She has publications in reputed journals.
- She has completed MBChB from Glasgow (2007), MRCP from UK (2011), and was awarded Fellowship in Cardiac Electrophysiology (FNHAM) from London.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Electrophysiologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals