Osteotomy Cost In MalaysiaChat
What is Osteotomy?
An osteotomy is a surgical operation whereby a bone is cut to shorten or lengthen it, or to change its alignment.
How is the Procedure Performed?
The osteotomy may be an open or a closed one. In a closed osteotomy, the cut is made and a wedge of bone is removed whereas in an open osteotomy a wedge-shaped bone graft is inserted into the cut bone.
Who is the Right Doctor for Osteotomy?
The right doctor to consult for Osteotomy is an Orthopaedic Surgeon.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate is high and varies between 80-91%.
Osteotomy operation typically lasts between 1-2 hours.
Possible risks of Osteotomy may include Blood clots, Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), Infection, etc.
The cost of Osteotomy includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost may include Blood Tests, blood sugar, kidney function, liver function, etc.
Types of surgery (Mandibular osteotomy, Maxillary osteotomy, LeFort osteotomy, Sagittal split osteotomy, etc.)
Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-ups)
Patient's hospital stays
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
The severity of the disease
Post-surgical complication, if it happens (such as Blood clots, deep vein thrombosis (DVT), etc.)
Cost of Blood products (if required)
Age of the patient
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost related to Osteotomy in Malaysia
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Osteotomy||USD 14400 to USD 17600|
|Wrist Joint Replacement (Wrist Arthroplasty)||USD 9000 to USD 11000|
|Lower femoral Osteotomy||USD 5940 to USD 7260|
|Revision ACL Reconstruction Surgery||USD 6300 to USD 7700|
Osteotomy in Malaysia
Popular Cities in Malaysia for Osteotomy are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Osteotomy in MalaysiaFilter
Showing 21 Hospitals and doctors for Osteotomy in Malaysia
Pantai Hospital Penang
Pantai Hospital Penang is one of the many hospitals owned by the Pantai Group, a leading healthcare services provider in Malaysia.
The Hospital specialises in Neurology and Cardiology besides having excellent medical and patient care in departments like Oncology, ENT, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedic Surgery, Paediatrics, Renal Medicines, Urology and others.
It has three Centres of Excellence namely, the Cancer Centre, Heart Centre, and Stroke Centre.
It is accredited by the Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH) that is under the Ministry of Health.
It is supported by cutting edge medical and surgical technologies like 160-Slice CT Scan, 64-Slice CT Scan, Bone Densitometer (DEXA), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Mammography, Ultrasonography to mention a few.
The Hospital also has an International Patient Centre that will assist international patients from appointment to discharge along with complimentary chauffeured services to hotels or accommodations in Penang.
It also offers a choice of Health Screening Packages for both men and women.
Gleneagles Hospital, Penang
- Gleneagles Hospital, Penang has been providing healthcare services for 48 years with the highest quality medical and surgical services, patient care, and support.
- It was given a JCI accreditation with a Gold Seal of Approval for international quality standards for patient care and organization management in 2016; a reflection of the Hospital's exemplary healthcare quality standards.
- It is a tertiary care hospital for both national and international patients providing a one-stop services.
- Its comprehensive medical and surgical specialities include Cariology, Interventional Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Electrophysiology, ENT, Endocrine Surgery, Foot & Ankle Surgery, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Oncology, Surgical Oncology, Gynaecological Oncology, Interventional Radiology, Paediatrics including Orthopaedics, Surgery, and Urology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery, Spinal Surgery and other specialities.
- The Hospital is also Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH) accredited.
- International patients are assisted in services such as visa, flight, doctor's appointment and hospital discharge, emergency, airport transfers, special dietary needs, accommodation, language interpretation, and local sightseeing.
Pantai Hospital Laguna Merbok
- Pantai Hospital Laguna Merbok is the first green hospital in Malaysia and the newest hospital operated by the Pantai Group, a leading private healthcare service provider.
- Being a multispecialty hospital it offers medical and surgical specialities such as Cardiology, ENT, General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Orthopaedic Surgery, and Paediatrics.
- It offers various Health Packages.
- The Hospital is equipped with advanced technologies like X-Ray, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Mammography, CT-Scan, Ultrasound, and other facilities.
Doctors for Osteotomy in Malaysia
Dato’ Dr Rashdeen Fazwi B Muhammad Nawawi
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement SurgeonConsultant, 18 years of experience
- Dr. Rashdeen Fazwi is a renowned Hand and Microsurgeon currently practicing in Malaysia.
- He is an expert in treating Congenital deformities and diseases, Peripheral nerve disorders, and Traumatic Amputations.
- He specializes in Carpal tunnel release, Excision, Fracture fixation, Microsurgery, Reconstructive surgery, and Soft tissue repair.
- He completed his Master's in Orthopedic Surgery at Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia in 2006.
- He holds a Certificate of completion of Subspecialty Training in Hand & Upper limb surgery under the Ministry Of Health.
- He was honored with the Awards for Excellence in Public Service in 2003 and 2011.
- He holds memberships in various associations such as the Malaysian Orthopedic Association, MOA, Malaysian Society for Surgery of the Hand, MSSH, and AO Trauma International.
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement SurgeonConsultant, 63 years of experience
Dr. Mahmood Merican is a senior Orthopaedic & Joint Replacement Surgeon and among the pioneering doctors at the Pantai Hospital, Kuala Lumpur with a practice of +63 years.
- He did his MBBS in 1958 from University Malaya, Singpaore and then in 1964, he did a fellowship from The Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh and in 1978, he did another from The Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons, Glasgow.
- Dr. Merican is an expert at performing orthopaedic procedures, particularly of the spine and for cases of trauma. He also treats knee injury, sports injury and fractured bones.
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement SurgeonConsultant, 17 years of experience
- Dr. Lee Chee Kuan is a Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon practicing in Malaysia.
- He holds expertise in Total Knee Replacement, Total / Partial Hip Replacement, and Arthroscopy Procedures on Shoulder and Knee Joints: ACL/PCL Reconstruction, Meniscus Repair, Chondroplasty, Fractures Fixation, Excision of Swelling, Carpal Tunnel and Trigger Fingers release, Intra-articular Knee and Shoulder Injection, and Reduction of Dislocated Joint.
- He pursued a Master of Surgery in Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Malaya, in 2005.
- He has attained a fellowship in AO International, Trauma (Germany), and Fellowship in Arthroplasty from Melbourne, Australia.
- He is associated with various associations such as the Malaysian Medical Association, Malaysian Orthopaedic Association, and AO Trauma.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Osteotomy
More searches related to Osteotomy
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Osteotomy in other countries, compared to Malaysia?
Approximate price of Osteotomy in other countries compared to Malaysia is:
- Turkey, USD 4000 to USD 6000, approximately 69% lower than Malaysia
- India, USD 6400 to USD 9600, approximately 50% lower than Malaysia