Osteotomy Cost In GermanyChat
What is Osteotomy?
An osteotomy is a surgical operation whereby a bone is cut to shorten or lengthen it, or to change its alignment.
How is the Procedure Performed?
The osteotomy may be an open or a closed one. In a closed osteotomy, the cut is made and a wedge of bone is removed whereas in an open osteotomy a wedge-shaped bone graft is inserted into the cut bone.
Who is the Right Doctor for Osteotomy?
The right doctor to consult for Osteotomy is an Orthopaedic Surgeon.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate is high and varies between 80-91%.
Osteotomy operation typically lasts between 1-2 hours.
Possible risks of Osteotomy may include Blood clots, Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), Infection, etc.
The cost of Osteotomy includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost may include Blood Tests, blood sugar, kidney function, liver function, etc.
Types of surgery (Mandibular osteotomy, Maxillary osteotomy, LeFort osteotomy, Sagittal split osteotomy, etc.)
Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-ups)
Patient's hospital stays
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
The severity of the disease
Post-surgical complication, if it happens (such as Blood clots, deep vein thrombosis (DVT), etc.)
Cost of Blood products (if required)
Age of the patient
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost related to Osteotomy in Germany
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Revision ACL Reconstruction Surgery||USD 7380 to USD 9020|
Osteotomy in Germany
Popular Cities in Germany for Osteotomy are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Osteotomy in GermanyFilter
Showing 32 Hospitals and doctors for Osteotomy in Germany
Charite University Hospital
- The Charité University Hospital located in Berlin is one of Europe's most reputed and largest university hospitals affiliated with Humboldt University and Free University Berlin.
- Established in 1710, it is one of Germany's most research-intensive medical institutions, which was ranked by Focus as the best of over 1000 hospitals in Germany.
- In 2010, the clinic celebrated its 300th anniversary, and in 2019 and 2020, Newsweek ranked the Charité as the fifth-best hospital in the world and best in Europe.
- The hospitals has numerous Collaborative Research Centres (CRC) of the Deutsche Forschungsgmeinschaft.
- Charité treats more patients than any other university hospital in Germany with 692,920 outpatient cases and 152,693 inpatient cases in a year.
- From 2012 to 2020, more than half of all German Nobel Prize winners in Physiology or Medicine, including Emil von Behring, Robert Koch, and Paul Ehrlich have worked at the Charité.
- Several congressmen and diplomats have been treated at the Charité, including German Chancellor Angela Merkel, Yulia Tymoshenko from Ukraine, and, more recently, Russian opposition politician Alexei Navalny was treated here in August 2020.
Vivantes Hospital Group
- The Vivantes Hospital Group is one of the largest state-owned healthcare companies operating around 100 medical departments and institutions, rehabilitation centers, 40 centers of excellence, primary healthcare facilities, 12 nursing facilities, and other outpatient and inpatient healthcare facilities in Berlin, Germany
- The Vivantes Hospital Group was founded in 2001 and the company runs 10 hospitals with a total capacity of nearly 6,000 beds and more than 17,000 employees, 2,300 of which are physicians.
- The Hospitals treat nearly 2,35,622 inpatients and 3,22,503 outpatients per year.
- An exceptional foreign department was established to assist all queries of international patients.
- It is the biggest state-owned hospital group in Berlin providing hospital care for about a third of patients in the city seeking inpatient care.
- Vivantes Clinic August-Victoria received the status of "Baby-friendly hospital" and Vivantes Humboldt and Vivantes Friedrichshain clinics were awarded the UNICEF Quality Awards.
- The tumor center of Vivantes consists of three cancer centers in the north, south, and in the center of Berlin. All three cancer centers are certified by the German Society for Hematology and Oncology (DGHO).
- The Federation for Environmental Protection and Nature Conservation of Germany (Bund Berlin) awarded the Vivantes Neukolln clinic status "Energy Saving Hospital".
Meoclinic Hospital, Berlin
- Founded in 2000, Meoclinic Hospital is a multidisciplinary medical center and is part of MEOGROUP.
- The hospital is certified by the ISO 9001:2008 quality standard and meets the highest medical requirements of the European Union.
- Located in the center of Berlin, the hospital offers the highest level of medical services.
- The team of specialists provides high-quality assistance to every patient.
- Patients choose this hospital for neurology, plastic surgery, endocrinology, pediatric neurosurgery, obstetrics and gynecology.
- It has 5 narrow-focused centers – cardiology, radiology, phlebology, surgery and rehabilitation.
- The center has the latest equipment, including the newest devices of CT and MRI scan, Doppler ultrasonography, EEG and devices for conducting duplex 3D and 4D sonography.
- Spanned in an area of 4,500 square meters, it has 45 beds, including 6 intensive care beds, 3 inpatient and 1 outpatient operating theatres.
Doctors for Osteotomy in Germany
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement SurgeonDirector, 26 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Carsten Perka is a renowned Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon with 26+ years in the field.
- He is the President of the German Society for Orthopaedics and Orthopaedic Surgery (DGOOC), German Society for Endoprosthetics (AE), and Deputy President of the German Society for Orthopaedics and Trauma (DGOU).
- He is also a member of the Steering Board of AORecon, German Trauma Society (DGU), and American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS).
- He pursued his medical education at Charité – Humboldt University Berlin in 1991 and later completed his doctorate and habilitation at Charité – University Medicine Berlin under the supervision of Prof. H. Zippel.
- In addition, he is also a professor in arthroplasty and regenerative medicine since 2006 and professor of orthopedics since 2010.
- As an editorial board member and reviewer for multiple prestigious medical journals, Professor Perka holds leadership positions in many national and international professional organizations.
- He has been named repeatedly by Focus magazine as one of the best orthopedic surgeons in Germany.
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement SurgeonDirector, 32 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Norbert Sudkamp is an Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon with 32+ years of experience.
- He has professional membership of the German Society for Trauma Surgery, German Society for Surgery, Working Group for Arthroscopy (AGA), German Society for Sports Medicine, European Society for Surgery of the Shoulder and the Elbow (SECEC), and German Society for Shoulder and Elbow Surgery.
- He is also a corresponding member of the Orthopedic Trauma Association of North America, International Member Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA), & American Association of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS), Chairman Shoulder Expert Group of the AO/ASIF, and Chairman Research Board of the AO.
- He first studied electrical engineering at the Technical University of Hannover in 1969 and later studied Medicine in 1975 at the Hannover Medical School.
- In 1998, he also did a Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Trauma Surgery from Hannover Medical School.
- He has expertise in Fracture, Hip Surgery, Trauma Surgery, Bone, Biomechanics, Knee Surgery, Knee Injuries, Tissue Engineering, Biomaterials, etc.
- He has presented multiple paper presentations at State and National conferences and written well-researched articles for many journals.
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement SurgeonSenior Consultant, 20 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Bernd Rolauffs is an Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon with 20+ years of experience.
- He has is a long-term member of multiple international and German societies including the Orthopaedic Research Society (ORS), International CartilageRepair Society (ICRS), and German Association of Trauma Surgery(DGU).
- During his early stage of residency, he pursued a two-year post-doctoral research fellowship in the Department of Biochemistry, followed by a second, three-year post-doctoral fellowship for Biomedical Engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in Boston.
- He additionally received a six-month clinical scholarship in the Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Brigham and Women's Hospital, at Harvard Medical School.
- In 2009, he founded and headed the Laboratory for Molecular Biomechanicsat the University of Tübingen, Germany, and in 2012, he was appointed deputy director of the newly founded Siegfried Weller Institute for Trauma Research at the BGU.
- His expertise lies in areas such as Sports Injuries, Tissue Engineering, Biomechanical Engineering, Biomaterials Fracture, Biomechanics, Knee Surgery, Knee Injuries, etc.
- He has written various well-researched articles for many national and international journals.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals