Neurosurgery Cost In ThailandChat
What is Neurosurgery?
Neurosurgery is a medical speciality concerned with diagnosing and treating patients with injury to or diseases/disorders of the brain, spinal cord, spinal column, and peripheral nerves within all body parts.
Who is the Right Doctor for Neurosurgery?
The right doctor to consult is an experienced Neurosurgeon.
Neurosurgeons are not just brain surgeons; they are medically trained neurosurgical specialists who can also help patients suffering from back and neck pain.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
On average, the success rate of brain surgery is between 50-70%.
How is the Procedure Performed?
Successful treatment starts with an accurate diagnosis. The patient gets advanced neurological treatment with state-of-the-art facilities, including -
- An intraoperative MRI suite
- Image-guided surgery
- Laser ablation
- Comprehensive intraoperative neuromonitoring
It is the safest surgical approach to treating neurological problems while minimizing the risk to speech and other vital functions.
Cost related to Neurosurgery in Thailand
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Neurosurgery||USD 11250 to USD 13750|
|Brain Tumor Surgery||USD 12150 to USD 14850|
|Spinal Fusion Surgery||USD 6750 to USD 8250|
|Gamma Knife for AVM or Brain Tumor||USD 6750 to USD 8250|
|Pituitary Tumor Treatment||USD 13230 to USD 16170|
|Hydrocephalus Treatment||USD 4950 to USD 6050|
|Spine Tumour Surgery||USD 9000 to USD 11000|
|Craniotomy Surgery||USD 21600 to USD 26400|
|Meningioma||USD 12150 to USD 14850|
|Cranioplasty||USD 7200 to USD 8800|
|Gliomas Treatment||USD 19800 to USD 24200|
Neurosurgery in Thailand
Popular Cities in Thailand for Neurosurgery are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Images Related To Neurosurgery
What is Neurosurgery?
Types of approaches for Neurosurgery.
Types of strokes treated by Neurosurgery.
Procedural steps in Neurosurgery.
Top hospitals and doctors for Neurosurgery in ThailandFilter
Showing 40 Hospitals and doctors for Neurosurgery in Thailand
- Established in 1972, the Bangkok Hospital is one of the first private hospitals in Thailand; it has now established its reputation as a tertiary care hospital dedicated especially to Cancer and Cardiology.
- It has Centres & Clinics committed to comprehensive treatment in different medical and surgical departments such as Cardiology, Cancer, Orthopaedics & Spine Surgery, Neurology & Neuroscience, Fertility, Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Dentistry, Geriatric, Gastroenterology, Liver, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, and ENT.
- It offers several Health Packages on Fertility, Plastic Surgery, Lasik Eye Surgery, Hip & Knee Surgery, Obesity, Vascular Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery and many more.
- It is equipped with the latest cutting-edge technologies some of which are - the 256-Slice Multi-Detector CT Scan, Cardiovascular MRI, the first Cartosound in Thailand, LINAC, the ARTIS Pheno machine, PET/CT Scan, and a New X-RAY Biplane Imaging (EOS).
- Having the ultimate "Hybrid Operating Room Full Function", enables the hospital to improve accuracy making it a leader in heart surgery.
- The Hospital has been awarded various accreditations by the Joint Commission International (JCI) in Programmes such as Traumatic Brain Injury, Total Knee Replacement, Acute Coronary Syndrome, Primary Stroke, Low Back Pain, Diabetes Type 2, Breast Cancer Conserving, and Heart Failure.
- It has also received the Hospital Accreditation of Thailand, Asian Hospital Management Award, Global Health Asia-Pacific Awards, and a Dual Medical Transport Accreditation i.e CAMTS USA and CAMTS GLOBAL.
- It provides International Medical Services for foreign patients by assisting them in language translations, special diets, accommodation, liaising with embassies or organisations, and free medical consultations via internet.
Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital, Bangkok
- Established in 1979, Samitivej Hospital is one of the leading private hospital groups in Thailand and SEA and is accredited by JCI.
- It is the first Hospital outside Japan to be accredited with the Japan Council for Quality Health Care (JCQHC) award.
- Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital is part of the seven private hospitals owned by the Bangkok Dusit Medical Services (BDMS), a leading and trusted private healthcare service provider in Thailand and ASEAN countries.
- It is a 275-bed tertiary care hospital with more than 40 Speciality Centres, namely, the Liver & Digestive Institute, Women's Health Centre including Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Bone, Joint, and Spine Centre, Surgery Clinic, Heart Institute, Bone Marrow & Stem Cell Transplantation Centre, Breast Centre, Fertility Centre, Hair Restoration Medical centre, Knee Health Centre, Neurology Centre, Oncology Centre to mention a few.
- Moreover, there is a Children's Hospital that is dedicated to comprehensive Paediatric care covering Newborns, GI, Oncology, Orthopaedics, Oncology, and others. It is the first private children's hospital in Thailand.
- In 1998, it was certified by UNICEF, WHO, the Department of Health, and the Ministry of Public Health, as a mother and baby-friendly hospital.
- It is one of the favourite medical destinations for both the nationals and expats, along with tourists from around the world providing international quality services and facilities. It was awarded the Top 5 World's Best Hospital for Medical Tourism for 2018 by the Medical Travel Quality Alliance.
- It has been a recipient of many awards, namely, Hospital of the Year by the Thailand Healthcare Asia Awards 2020, The Model Private Hospital Award 2020 for being the top private hospital for academic activity in Thailand, and Best Corporate Hospital Award 2019.
- It was also awarded Thailand's Prime Minister Award for the Most Recognized Service in 2004.
- The hospital is equipped with cutting-edge technologies to diagnose and treat patients with accuracy through a Magnetic Resonance Imaging machine (MRI), 640-slice CT scanner with less radiation, Mammogram, Bone Mineral Density (BMD) analysis, Lower abdominal Ultrasound for Men (Testicle Ultrasound), Cranial Ultrasound for infant, Intravenous Pyelography (IVP) and many more.
- It has a team that assists international patients from finding the right doctor to aftercare at home.
Vejthani Hospital Bangkok, Thailand
- Vejthani Hospital, established in 1994, is one of the leading private international hospitals in Thailand that provides JCI-accredited quaternary health care services.
- Cutting-edge medical technologies, internationally trained specialists, world-class health care standards, and authentic Thai hospitality are their key competencies.
- The hospital serves over 300,000 patients from over 100 countries annually with over 200 inpatient beds.
- Providing a team of knowledgeable translators ensures they are able to communicate effectively in over 20 languages, aptly resolving issues regarding barriers to communication in healthcare.
- Over 300 specialists across multiple specialties at Vejthani Hospital provide a comprehensive range of quaternary medical services, including bone marrow transplant, total joint replacement surgery, kidney transplant, plastic surgery, dental, skin & laser treatment, spine surgery, and gastrointestinal disorder treatment.
- Vejthani Hospital has received one of the highest numbers of Clinical Care Program Certifications (CCPCs) from Joint Commission International (JCI) in the United States, which accredits top-tier hospitals that achieve the highest facilitation for patient safety.
- Vejthani Hospital’s clinical care programs for Diabetes Type II, Hepatitis B, Knee Replacement, and Lumbar Decompression and Fixation have received JCI CCPC.
- As two of the certified fields are subcategories of orthopedics, makes it is popular for patients to claim that the hospital patients gave the hospital the title ‘The King of Bones.
- Vejthani Hospital is the first hospital in the world to receive Hepatitis B CCPC and is the first in Southeast Asia to receive Lumbar Decompression and Fixation CCPC.
Doctors for Neurosurgery in Thailand
NeurosurgeonConsultant, 58 years of experience
- Dr. Chare Phonprasert is a very senior and a skilled Neurosurgeon with an extensive experience of +58 years.
- He completed his MD in 1963 from Mahidol University, Thailand and then did his diploma from the American Board of Neurological Surgery, USA.
- Dr. Phonprasert is a specialised neurosugeon for microsurgery procedures such as aneurysm clipping, brain tumour, cerebrovascular neurosurgery, craniotomy, endoscopic surgery, endovascular neurosurgery, epilepsy/peripheral nerve/psychiatric neurosurgery/skull base and trauma surgeries. He also performs laminectomy, lumbar puncture, anterior cervical discectomy, microdiscectomy and ventriculostomy among other procedures.
NeurosurgeonSenior Consultant, 33 years of experience
- Dr. Yodruk Prasert is a well-known Neurosurgeon who has been practising for over 33 years.
- His areas of expertise are Neurological Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Skull Base Surgery and Spine Surgery.
- He is a member of the Thai Medical Council and the Thai Board of Neurological Surgery.
- Dr. Yodruk Prasert has completed MD (1988) from Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Thailand.
- He is trained in Neurological Surgery (1994) from the Bhumibol Adulyadej Hospital, Thailand.
- Dr. Yodruk Prasert is well-versed in English and Thai.
NeurosurgeonConsultant, 38 years of experience
- Dr. Prasopsook Songpaiboon is a senior and a skilled Neurosurgeon with +38 years of experience in the field.
- In 1981, he did a diploma from the Thai Board of Neurological Surgery and the earned the qualification of a Gamma-Knife neurosurgeon. Later, in 1983 he did his MD from Chulalongkorn University, Thailand.
- Dr. Songpaiboon is a leading neurosurgeon who performs surgeries for aneurysm clipping, brain tumour, cerebrovascular neurosurgery, craniotomy, endoscopic surgery, endovascular neurosurgery, epilepsy/peripheral nerve/psychiatric neurosurgery/skull base and trauma surgeries. He also performs laminectomy, lumbar puncture, anterior cervical discectomy, microdiscectomy and ventriculostomy among other procedures.
- He also diagnoses and treats diseases of the spine, brain and the nervous system such as congenital anomalies, tumours, trauma, vascular disorders, infections of the brain, spine, stroke and any degenerative diseases of the spine.
Neurosurgery Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Neurosurgery
Our patient's testimonials related to Neurosurgeon
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Neurosurgery in other countries, compared to Thailand?
Approximate price of Neurosurgery in other countries compared to Thailand is:
- India, USD 4000 to USD 6000, approximately 60% lower than Thailand
- Turkey, USD 5600 to USD 8400, approximately 44% lower than Thailand
- India, USD 4400 to USD 6600, approximately 56% lower than Thailand
- Germany, USD 7200 to USD 10800, approximately 28% lower than Thailand
- Malaysia, USD 8800 to USD 13200, approximately 12% lower than Thailand
- Malaysia, USD 8000 to USD 12000, approximately 20% lower than Thailand