Neurosurgery Cost In MalaysiaChat
What is Neurosurgery?
Neurosurgery is a medical speciality concerned with diagnosing and treating patients with injury to or diseases/disorders of the brain, spinal cord, spinal column, and peripheral nerves within all body parts.
Who is the Right Doctor for Neurosurgery?
The right doctor to consult is an experienced Neurosurgeon.
Neurosurgeons are not just brain surgeons; they are medically trained neurosurgical specialists who can also help patients suffering from back and neck pain.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
On average, the success rate of brain surgery is between 50-70%.
How is the Procedure Performed?
Successful treatment starts with an accurate diagnosis. The patient gets advanced neurological treatment with state-of-the-art facilities, including -
- An intraoperative MRI suite
- Image-guided surgery
- Laser ablation
- Comprehensive intraoperative neuromonitoring
It is the safest surgical approach to treating neurological problems while minimizing the risk to speech and other vital functions.
Cost related to Neurosurgery in Malaysia
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|CyberKnife Treatment||USD 12600 to USD 15400|
|Brain Tumor Surgery||USD 7200 to USD 8800|
|Spinal Fusion Surgery||USD 13500 to USD 16500|
|Gamma Knife for AVM or Brain Tumor||USD 11160 to USD 13640|
|Brain Haemorrhage Treatment||USD 9900 to USD 12100|
|Pituitary Tumor Treatment||USD 11700 to USD 14300|
|Hydrocephalus Treatment||USD 6300 to USD 7700|
|Spine Tumour Surgery||USD 8100 to USD 9900|
|Craniotomy Surgery||USD 11880 to USD 14520|
|Meningioma||USD 9000 to USD 11000|
|Gliomas Treatment||USD 10800 to USD 13200|
|Cranioplasty||USD 12240 to USD 14960|
|Cerebral Angioplasty||USD 8100 to USD 9900|
|Chronic Cerebro Spinal Venous Insufficiency Treatment||USD 9900 to USD 12100|
|Percutaneous Steriotactic Treatment - PSR||USD 5400 to USD 6600|
Neurosurgery in Malaysia
Popular Cities in Malaysia for Neurosurgery are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Images Related To Neurosurgery
What is Neurosurgery?
Types of approaches for Neurosurgery.
Types of strokes treated by Neurosurgery.
Procedural steps in Neurosurgery.
Top hospitals and doctors for Neurosurgery in MalaysiaFilter
Showing 23 Hospitals and doctors for Neurosurgery in Malaysia
Gleneagles Hospital, Kuala Lumpur
- Gleneagles Hospital, Kuala Lumpur is one of the leading hospitals in Malaysia accredited by the Joint Commission International (JCI), the highest international quality accreditation in terms of patient safety and health care services.
- Established in 1996, the hospital is delivering healthcare and excellence for over 25 years.
- The Hospital is particularly known for its Cardiology, Oncology, and Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery.
- It provides comprehensive medical and surgical procedures such as Bariatric Surgery, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, ENT, Hepatobiliary Surgery, Neurosurgery, Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Breast Surgery to mention a few.
- Gleneagles Hospital has one of the most advanced technologies like Gamma Knife and Da Vinci Si Surgery System.
- A well-equipped Imaging Department like Ultrasound Examination, Computed Tomography Scan (C.T. Scan), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Fluoroscopy, Angiography, Non-vascular Interventional Radiology, Mammography, Bone Mineral Densitometry, and General Radiography.
- The Hospital also received several awards namely, the 'International Hospital of the Year,' and 'Highly Commended for Excellence in Customer Service' award from the prestigious International Medical Travel Journal in 2018. It also received the 'Best Health Screening Provider in Asia Pacific' by the Global Health and Travel Awards 2019.
- Several services are provided for international patients such as Visa, flight booking, airport transfer, accommodation, air evacuation & repatriation, doctor referral and appointment, cost estimation, emergency care, and sightseeing.
Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur
- Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur is a premier healthcare hospital that has been serving people from all over the world for 47 years.
- It is a one-stop integrated healthcare provider that specialises particularly in Oncology, Cardiology, Neurology and Neurosurgery, Orthopaedics, and Paediatrics.
- Besides this, it has many medical and surgical departments like Gastroenterology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, General Surgery, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Radiology & Interventional Radiology, Urology, Fertility Services – IVF, and Cranio-Facial Surgery.
- It is supported by cutting-edge technologies like Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Computerised Tomography (CT) scan, PET-CT, Mammography, Fluoroscopy, Ultrasound, Image intensifier, Bone densitometry, Orthopantomography and other interventional procedures.
- It has the prestigious JCI accreditation along with a certification by the Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH). It is also a certified Baby-Friendly Hospital.
- The International Patient Centre (IPC) is available to assist international patients from admission to discharge along with airport transfers.
Pantai Hospital Penang
Pantai Hospital Penang is one of the many hospitals owned by the Pantai Group, a leading healthcare services provider in Malaysia.
The Hospital specialises in Neurology and Cardiology besides having excellent medical and patient care in departments like Oncology, ENT, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedic Surgery, Paediatrics, Renal Medicines, Urology and others.
It has three Centres of Excellence namely, the Cancer Centre, Heart Centre, and Stroke Centre.
It is accredited by the Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH) that is under the Ministry of Health.
It is supported by cutting edge medical and surgical technologies like 160-Slice CT Scan, 64-Slice CT Scan, Bone Densitometer (DEXA), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Mammography, Ultrasonography to mention a few.
The Hospital also has an International Patient Centre that will assist international patients from appointment to discharge along with complimentary chauffeured services to hotels or accommodations in Penang.
It also offers a choice of Health Screening Packages for both men and women.
Doctors for Neurosurgery in Malaysia
NeurosurgeonConsultant, 48 years of experience
- Dr. Selvapragasam T. is a leading Neurosurgeon with +48 years of experience in the field.
- He is a professional member of the, Malaysian Medical Council, Preliminary Investigation Council, Medical Review Panel, Fitness to Practice Panel.
- Dr. Selvapragasam T did his MBBS in 1973 from the Madras University and then purused two fellowships in 1982 at the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland.
- He is a specialist of cranio-spinal surgery, brain surgery for tumours, spinal surgery, intracranial haemorrhages and traumatic brain & spine surgery. He also treats other neurological conditions such as, cervical/lumbar spondylosis. nerve damage, head injuries, paralysis and spinal tumours/lesions.
NeurosurgeonSenior Consultant, 20 years of experience
- Dr Sani Bin Sayuthi is a trained Neurosurgeon with more than 20 years of training and expertise.
- His specialities include preventing, identifying, and treating nerve, spine, and brain problems.
- He is a member of the Neurosurgical Association Of Malaysia, the Malaysian Medical Council and the Academy of Medicine, Malaysia.
- Dr Sani Bin Sayuthi completed his MBBS (1995) from the National University of Ireland, Ireland.
- He obtained his MS (2007) from Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia.
NeurosurgeonConsultant, 40 years of experience
- Mr. B. Gunasekaran is a well-known Neurosurgeon who practises at Gleneagles Penang Hospital.
- He has been working in the field for over 40 years.
- Mr. B. Gunasekaran specialities include brain, spinal cord, and nerve surgery, as well as microsurgery.
- He has completed an MBBS (1975) from the University of Madras, India.
- He obtained FRACS (1983) from Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS), Australia.
- Mr. B. Gunasekaran is well-versed in English, Tamil and Bahasa Melayu.
Neurosurgery Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Neurosurgery
Our patient's testimonials related to Neurosurgeon
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Neurosurgery in other countries, compared to Malaysia?
Approximate price of Neurosurgery in other countries compared to Malaysia is:
- India, USD 4000 to USD 6000, approximately 50% lower than Malaysia
- Turkey, USD 5600 to USD 8400, approximately 30% lower than Malaysia
- Thailand, USD 10000 to USD 15000, approximately 25% higher than Malaysia
- India, USD 4400 to USD 6600, approximately 45% lower than Malaysia
- Germany, USD 7200 to USD 10800, approximately 10% lower than Malaysia