Neuroendocrine Tumor Treatment Cost In United Arab EmiratesChat
What is Neuroendocrine Tumor?
Cancers that start in specialized cells called neuroendocrine cells (these cells have traits similar to those of nerve cells and hormone-producing cells) are known as Neuroendocrine tumors.
These tumors are rare and may occur anywhere in the body. Most of these tumors occur in the lungs, appendix, small intestine, rectum, and pancreas. Some tumors grow slowly, and some grow very quickly. Some produce excess hormones (functional neuroendocrine tumors), and some don't release hormones or don't release enough to cause symptoms.
How is the Procedure Performed?
The treatment options depend on the type of tumor, its location, and the signs and symptoms of excess hormones produced by the tumor.
In Surgery, surgeons remove the entire tumor and some of the healthy tissue surrounding it.
In Chemotherapy, potent drugs given through the vein are used to kill tumor cells.
Targeted drug therapy blocks the specific abnormalities present within tumor cells. The treatment is usually combined with chemotherapy for advanced neuroendocrine tumors.
Peptide receptor radionuclide therapy (PRRT) combines a small amount of a radioactive substance with a drug that targets cancer cells. It allows radiation to be delivered directly to the cancer cells.
In Radiation therapy, powerful energy beams, such as X-rays and protons, are used to kill tumor cells. It might be recommended if surgery isn't an option.
Who is the Right Doctor for Neuroendocrine Tumor Treatment?
A Medical Oncologist specializes in treating Neuroendocrine Tumors.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
If the tumor spreads to nearby tissue or the regional lymph nodes, the 5-year relative survival rate is 96%. If the tumor spreads to distant body areas, the 5-year survival rate is 68%.
The cost of Neuroendocrine Tumor Treatment includes::
- Preoperative diagnostic tests may include a blood test,MRI and CT imaging test,Tumor biopsy, etc.
- Surgery cost (Depends upon the type and size of the tumor and the extent to which tumor has spread)
- Post-Operative cost (there might be a need forRadiotherapy before or post-surgery)
- Cost of medication
- Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
- Any underlying comorbid condition (obesity, hypertension, etc.)
- Type of hospital and room opted (General, twin sharing, or single room)
- The stage and type of tumor
- Patients may require repeated investigation and related tests Ppst-surgery/chemotherapy/radiation therapy
- Any additional tests, if required
- An extended stay at the hospital, if required
- Cost of accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Help Us With Patient Details
Doctors for Neuroendocrine Tumor Treatment in United Arab Emirates
NeurologistSenior Consultant, 34 years of experience
- Dr. Fadel Fouad Gendy has earned the reputation of a leading Neurosurgeon with his surgical and consultative practice spanning over 34 years.
- After his graduation from Cairo University he also earned his PG. He then earned his MD and PhD qualifications from Ein Shams University, Cairo. Dr. Gendy went on to achieve further training at Vienna University, Austria and New Jersey, the USA. He also received training in cervical spine surgery from Barcelona University in Spain and for microsurgery at Columbia University in New York.
- Dr. Gendy is a leading neurosurgeon who performs surgeries for brain tumour, spinal tumour, spinal fixation, spinal trauma and head trauma. He is a leading medical professional for minimally invasive spine surgeries, back and neck pain, congenital anomalies of the brain and spinal cord in children and disc herniation. He also treats disc diseases, stroke, epilepsy and brain hemorrhage.
- He has attended many national and international conferences and presented several papers.
Surgical OncologistPrincipal Consultant, 28 years of experience
- Dr. Sadir Al Rawi is a well-known Surgical Oncologist, based in Dubai with extensive 28+ years of experience.
- He has completed his graduation, followed by post-graduation. Later, he did advanced laparoscopic oncology training in Dundee, advanced colorectal oncology training in Cornwall, England, and advanced surgical oncology, London.
- His areas of clinical interest lie in Colorectal surgery, Breast Oncology, Head & Neck Surgery, Gynecological Oncology, Management of Sarcoma, Peritoneal surface malignancy, Pancreatic and hepatic Gastrointestinal Oncology, Colonic Surgery with a special interest in endocrine surgery including thyroid, parathyroid, and adrenal surgery.
- To date, he has published more than 50+ papers in peer-reviewed journals and given more than 150+ presentations in local, national, and international meetings both in clinical and basic sciences.
- Dr. Sadir has also published 10 chapters in a book.
Surgical OncologistConsultant, 10 years of experience
- Dr. Eugene Rent is a reputed Surgical Oncologist having 10 years of experience.
- He has completed his MBBS from the Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, and post-graduation from Rajiv Gandhi University, Karnataka. He did his super specialization at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai.
- He has treated more than 2500 patients; suffering from cancer. He started the Department of surgical oncology at AJ Hospital, Mangalore, and treated 1000 patients for cancer surgeries. Then he worked in Manipal Hospital, Goa, and treated 1500 patients.
- He has expertise in breast cancers and complex cancer surgeries (neck, breast, oral, bowel, and colorectal cancers).
- He has experience in minimally invasive procedures, laparoscopy, open surgeries, and removal of tumors.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals