Neuroendocrine Tumor Treatment Cost In IndiaChat
What is Neuroendocrine Tumor?
Cancers that start in specialized cells called neuroendocrine cells (these cells have traits similar to those of nerve cells and hormone-producing cells) are known as Neuroendocrine tumors.
These tumors are rare and may occur anywhere in the body. Most of these tumors occur in the lungs, appendix, small intestine, rectum, and pancreas. Some tumors grow slowly, and some grow very quickly. Some produce excess hormones (functional neuroendocrine tumors), and some don't release hormones or don't release enough to cause symptoms.
How is the Procedure Performed?
The treatment options depend on the type of tumor, its location, and the signs and symptoms of excess hormones produced by the tumor.
In Surgery, surgeons remove the entire tumor and some of the healthy tissue surrounding it.
In Chemotherapy, potent drugs given through the vein are used to kill tumor cells.
Targeted drug therapy blocks the specific abnormalities present within tumor cells. The treatment is usually combined with chemotherapy for advanced neuroendocrine tumors.
Peptide receptor radionuclide therapy (PRRT) combines a small amount of a radioactive substance with a drug that targets cancer cells. It allows radiation to be delivered directly to the cancer cells.
In Radiation therapy, powerful energy beams, such as X-rays and protons, are used to kill tumor cells. It might be recommended if surgery isn't an option.
Who is the Right Doctor for Neuroendocrine Tumor Treatment?
A Medical Oncologist specializes in treating Neuroendocrine Tumors.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
If the tumor spreads to nearby tissue or the regional lymph nodes, the 5-year relative survival rate is 96%. If the tumor spreads to distant body areas, the 5-year survival rate is 68%.
The cost of Neuroendocrine Tumor Treatment includes::
- Preoperative diagnostic tests may include a blood test,MRI and CT imaging test,Tumor biopsy, etc.
- Surgery cost (Depends upon the type and size of the tumor and the extent to which tumor has spread)
- Post-Operative cost (there might be a need forRadiotherapy before or post-surgery)
- Cost of medication
- Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
- Any underlying comorbid condition (obesity, hypertension, etc.)
- Type of hospital and room opted (General, twin sharing, or single room)
- The stage and type of tumor
- Patients may require repeated investigation and related tests Ppst-surgery/chemotherapy/radiation therapy
- Any additional tests, if required
- An extended stay at the hospital, if required
- Cost of accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Cost related to Neuroendocrine Tumor Treatment in India
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Radiotherapy||Rs.186480 to Rs.248640|
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Neuroendocrine Tumor Treatment in IndiaFilter
Showing 127 Hospitals and doctors for Neuroendocrine Tumor Treatment in India
Medanta - The Medicity, Gurgaon
A special well-equipped team for breast care is available which is highly experienced in treating conditions like breast cancer, fibroadenoma, fibrocystic breast, intraductal carcinoma etc.
The hospital has been doing complex surgeries for oral, head and neck cancers with 100% success rate such microvascular surgery, skull base surgeries, and organ preservation surgeries.
The global hospital is considered as the best hospital in India as it provides surgical treatment for all types of cancer.
The radiation department is also well-equipped with advanced technologies such as Rapid ARC, stereotactic body radiotherapy for cranial and extra-cranial sites, 3D conformal radiotherapy, IGRT, IMRT, Hybrid VMAT for bilateral breast cancer
BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi
BLK Cancer Centre in Delhi is amongst the first to offer HIPEC (Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy) Technology in India.
It was Asia’s first and world’s seventh hospital to introduce Cyber-knife VSI.
Besides Cyber-knife, the hospital also provides other modern technologies, such as Trilogy Tx Linear Accelerator, IGRT, IMRT, 3D CRT, and high dose rate brachytherapy.
One of the best oncologists, Dr. Sandeep Mehta has been working with BLK hospital, who expertise in head and neck oncology.
For treatment of breast cancer, there are modern techniques like Single Dose Intra-operative Radiation Therapy and 3D conformal partial breast irradiation, which can minimize the duration of radiation treatment.
Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai
The hospital is amongst top cancer hospital in india and recognized as “a designated center for integrated oncology and palliative care” by the European Society of medical oncology.
There is a distinct provision for Daycare chemotherapy unit as a part of which the patients can go home the same day of the treatment.
Cutting-edge technologies like minimal access surgery, robotic surgeries, Trilogy for radiotherapy, Edge ™ and Novalis ™ for radiosurgery are used routinely used.
A well-equipped comprehensive breast care unit is available, which has highly qualified experts to guide the patient for the best treatment plan related to the breast issues.
This is one of the topmost hospitals in India with the biggest Stem cell transplant unit in Western India.
Dr. Santanu Sen is the pediatric oncologist working with Kokilaben hospital. He is in charge of the pediatric stem cell treatment.
He has performed a stem cell transplant procedure on the youngest child in India.
Doctors for Neuroendocrine Tumor Treatment in India
Surgical OncologistSenior Consultant, 40 years of experience
- Dr. Ramesh Sarin is one of the highly-experienced Surgical Oncologists with an experience of nearly 40+ years.
- She is the Founding Member of the Indian Society of Oncology (ISO), the only platform in India for Oncology Meetings.
- She is also a member of the Association of Surgeons of India, Endocrine Society of India, Indian Association of Cancer Chemotherapists, and Indian Society of Clinical Oncology – Honorary Joint Secretary.
- She specializes in breast cancer and breast diseases and has a keen interest in sentinel node biopsy, all kinds of breast reconstructive surgeries, and surgical management.
- She has been the Guest Speaker on Teaching Methods in Life Sciences organized by the University in Andhra Pradesh, India.
- Dr. Sarin received a Gold Medal award at the 33rd Annual Meeting of Surgeons in India in 1982, for the best article.
- She is extensively involved in research on Oncology and has published several papers in India and abroad.
Cost of consultation for Neuroendocrine Tumor Treatment with Dr. Ramesh Sarin starts from INR 2000.
Surgical OncologistConsultant, 16 years of experience
- Dr Yogesh Kulkarni is one of the most famed Onco – surgeon in the field of Gynaecological Oncosurgery.
- He has a thriving experience of 16+ years & has performed over 1000 complex Gynaecological Cancer surgeries till date.
- Dr Kulkarni has done his MBBS, MD & DNB from the renowned institutes. Following which he did his fellowship in Gynaecological Oncology from the prestigious Tata Memorial Hospital.
- He has done over 140 successful robotic surgeries for Endometrial and Cervical cancers.
- Dr Yogesh Kulkarni has performed the first Reported Fertility Sparing Surgery (Radical Trachelectomy) for cervical Carcinoma in India on a 4 yr. old girl diagnosed with clear cell carcinoma of cervix.
- Dr Kulkarni has appeared in appeared in various noteworthy news media like Times of India,Indian Express.
- He is an active member of International Gynaecological Cancer Society, European society of Gynaecological Oncology, Association of Gynaecological Oncologist of India, Mumbai Obstetrics & Gynaecological society, Federation of Obstetrics & Gynaecologic Societies of India.
- Dr Kulkarni has his expertise in Gynaecologic Oncology, Robotic Gynae Oncosurgery.
Cost of consultation for Neuroendocrine Tumor Treatment with Dr Yogesh Kulkarni starts from INR 3000.
Colo-Rectal SurgeonSenior Consultant, 35 years of experience
- Dr. Vikram Pratap Singh is a highly-experienced Surgical Oncologist with nearly 35+ years in the field.
- He has received a Clinical Fellowship at The Royal Marsden Hospital London, Oct.87- Oct 89, The Royal Free Hospital, London, 1989, and also the UICC (ICRETT) Fellowship at The Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, University of Sydney,1996.
- Dr. Singh also has under and postgraduate teaching experiences at Armed Forced Medical College.
- He has trained at the Tata Memorial Hospitals, Mumbai and the Royal Marsden Hospital, London.
- He has won the Mani Gold Medal for best work in rural health in 1974.
- He has publications of over 20 highly-acclaimed professional papers in peer-reviewed international and national journals.
- He has a keen interest in Clinical oncology, Modern radiation techniques, Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy (IMRT), Stereotactic Radiotherapy and Radiosurgery, Image-Guided Radiotherapy (IGRT), 3 D Brachytherapy, Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT), etc.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Surgical Oncologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals