Multiple Myeloma Treatment Cost In GermanyChat
What is Multiple Myeloma?
Multiple Myeloma, also called Kahler's disease, is a cancer that forms in a plasma cell - a type of white blood cell.
How is the Procedure Performed?
Depending on the cancer's stage, the treatment for Multiple Myeloma includes medication, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, corticosteroids, or bone marrow transplant.
Who is the Right Doctor for Multiple Myeloma Treatment?
Haematology Pathologist who specializes in diagnosing blood disorders treat Multiple Myeloma.
Complete blood count (CBC), blood chemistry tests, urine tests, electrophoresis, serum free light chains, beta-2 microglobulin, bone marrow biopsy are some of the tests required to diagnose Multiple Myeloma.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate varies depending on the type and stage of Multiple Myeloma. If the cancer is diagnosed at the earliest, then the success rate is almost 74%.
The relapse rate of Multiple Myeloma is 100% which can be treated to maintain remission for long.
The cost of Multiple Myeloma includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost, some of which may include CBC, blood chemistry tests, urine tests, electrophoresis, serum free light chains, beta-2 microglobulin, and bone marrow biopsy
Surgery cost (Depends upon the type and size of the tumour and the extent to which the tumour has spread)
Post-Operative cost (there might be a need for Chemotherapy or Radiotherapy before or post-surgery)
Patient's hospital stay
Note - The patient will be required to visit the surgeon a week after the surgery to assess and remove any staples or stitches.
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
The stage and type of cancer
Patients may require repeated investigation through PET CT and related tests Post-surgery / Chemotherapy / Radiation Therapy.
Any additional tests may be required, such as ECG or blood tests.
An extended stay at the Hospital
Post-surgical complications if it happens (such as Infection, Reduced kidney function, Bone problems, etc.)
Cost of accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident [may take longer duration in case of chemotherapy or radiotherapy sessions]
Cost related to Multiple Myeloma Treatment in Germany
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Bone Marrow Transplant||USD 162000 to USD 198000|
|Bone Marrow Cancer||USD 193950 to USD 237050|
|Allogeneic Bone Marrow Transplant||USD 270000 to USD 330000|
Multiple Myeloma Treatment in Germany
Popular Cities in Germany for Multiple Myeloma Treatment are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Multiple Myeloma Treatment in GermanyFilter
Showing 32 Hospitals and doctors for Multiple Myeloma Treatment in Germany
University Hospital Heidelberg
- The University Hospital Heidelberg is one of the biggest medical centers in the Federal Republic of Germany. It is a part of Heidelberg University Medical School, which was founded in 1388, making it the oldest in Germany.
- The hospital operates nearly 1 million outpatients and 65,000 inpatients every year and is well-renowned for treating cancer.
- The Hospital works in partnership with various research institutes one of them being the German Cancer Research Center at the National Center for Tumor Diseases, registered on the American Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- The hospital specializes in diagnosing complex medical conditions and diseases and treating them using innovative technology to ensure optimal treatment with interdisciplinary cooperation.
- There are about 10,000 employees, including 1,600 professors and doctors working at the hospital, and the Chief Doctor of the hospital is the renowned Professor Guido Adler.
- The Heidelberg Curriculum Medicinale (HeiCuMed) is one of the leading medical training institutions in Germany, which at present teaches nearly 3700 physicians.
Vivantes Hospital Group
- The Vivantes Hospital Group is one of the largest state-owned healthcare companies operating around 100 medical departments and institutions, rehabilitation centers, 40 centers of excellence, primary healthcare facilities, 12 nursing facilities, and other outpatient and inpatient healthcare facilities in Berlin, Germany
- The Vivantes Hospital Group was founded in 2001 and the company runs 10 hospitals with a total capacity of nearly 6,000 beds and more than 17,000 employees, 2,300 of which are physicians.
- The Hospitals treat nearly 2,35,622 inpatients and 3,22,503 outpatients per year.
- An exceptional foreign department was established to assist all queries of international patients.
- It is the biggest state-owned hospital group in Berlin providing hospital care for about a third of patients in the city seeking inpatient care.
- Vivantes Clinic August-Victoria received the status of "Baby-friendly hospital" and Vivantes Humboldt and Vivantes Friedrichshain clinics were awarded the UNICEF Quality Awards.
- The tumor center of Vivantes consists of three cancer centers in the north, south, and in the center of Berlin. All three cancer centers are certified by the German Society for Hematology and Oncology (DGHO).
- The Federation for Environmental Protection and Nature Conservation of Germany (Bund Berlin) awarded the Vivantes Neukolln clinic status "Energy Saving Hospital".
Doctors for Multiple Myeloma Treatment in Germany
Prof. Dr. Ernst Spath-Schwalbe
HematologistDirector, 35 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Ernst Spath-Schwalbe is a Hematologist-Oncologist with 35+ years in the field.
- He is a member of the European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO), German Society of Haematology and Oncology/Palliative Care Working Group (DGHO), American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), and American Society of Hematology (ASH).
- He received his medical education at the University of Ulm, Germany in 1980, and was granted an academic title (MD) in 1987.
- He also has trained in internal medicine, medical oncology, and hematology at the University Hospital of Ulm, University Hospital of Lübeck, Germany from 1986 to 1996.
- He has a keen interest in all forms of chemotherapy, adjuvant, remission-inducing, and palliative, Radio-/chemotherapy, Antibody therapy & other new specific therapy forms, Cytokine therapy, etc.
- Prof. Ernst has taught at many reputed academic institutions to aspiring undergraduate students.
HematologistDirector, 42 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Antonio Pezzutto is a Hematologist in Berlin, Germany with a thriving experience of over 42+ years.
- He completed his graduation from the University of Padova Medical School, Padova, Italy in 1972 and laster did his specialty training from the University of Heidelberg in 1983.
- His areas of interest are management of leukemias and lymphoma, evaluation and management of bleeding disorders, blood clots, stem cell transplant (autologous, allogenic & umbilical cord blood transplant), etc.
- Being a keen academician, he has worked as a resident in prestigious institutions such as the University of Padova Medical School and the University of Heidelberg.
- He has won several national and international awards along with speaking at many conferences and gatherings about hematological disorders and cancer.
HematologistDirector, 29 years of experience
- Dr. Christian Scholz is a Hematologist-Oncologist with experience of over 29+ years in the field.
- He is a member of the American Society of Hematology (ASH), the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO), and the German Society for Hematology and Oncology (DGHO).
- He received his medical education at the Technical University Munich, Germany in 1992, and a Postdoctoral Fellowship at Harvard Medical School, Boston, the USA in 1993.
- His areas of interest are the treatment of leukemia and lymphoma, Myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS), Lung cancer, Metastatic breast cancer, Gastrointestinal cancer (e.g. colorectal cancer), Germ cell tumor, etc.
- Dr. Scholz has written many research papers for national and international journals.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Multiple Myeloma
FAQ videos related to Multiple Myeloma
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Multiple Myeloma in other countries, compared to Germany?
Approximate price of Multiple Myeloma in other countries compared to Germany is:
- India, USD 9600 to USD 14400, approximately 20% higher than Germany
- Turkey, USD 10400 to USD 15600, approximately 30% higher than Germany
- Thailand, USD 10400 to USD 15600, approximately 30% higher than Germany
- Israel, USD 12000 to USD 18000, approximately 50% higher than Germany
- Singapore, USD 12000 to USD 18000, approximately 50% higher than Germany
- Malaysia, USD 19200 to USD 28800, approximately 140% higher than Germany