Mitral Valve Replacement Cost In TurkeyChat
What is Mitral Valve Replacement?
Mitral Valve Replacement is a procedure in which the diseased mitral valve of a patient's heart is replaced by either a mechanical or tissue valve.
How is the Procedure Performed?
Mitral Valve Replacement procedure involves the removal of the defective mitral heart valve and replacing it with a new valve.
The surgery team will remove the heart-lung machine and will wire the breastbone back together. Later, the incision is stapled back to the skin.
Who is the Right Doctor for Mitral Valve Replacement?
The right doctor to consult for Mitral Valve Replacement is a Cardiac Surgeon.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate varies between 82-95%.
Possible risks after Mitral Valve Replacement may be -
- Blood clots
- Valve dysfunction in replacement valves
- Infection, etc.
Cost related to Mitral Valve Replacement in Turkey
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Mitral Valve Replacement||USD 10800 to USD 13200|
|Mitral Valve replacement - Mechanical Valve||USD 10800 to USD 13200|
|Valve Replacement||USD 10800 to USD 13200|
|Mitral Valve Repair||USD 9000 to USD 11000|
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Mitral Valve Replacement in TurkeyFilter
Showing 38 Hospitals and doctors for Mitral Valve Replacement in Turkey
Emsey Hospital, Pendik
- The Emsey Hospital, Pendik aims to provide the best health quality services, Their team comprises well-trained specialists having extensive experience and the departments are well equipped with the latest treatment modalities.
- The Emsey Hospital’s Cardiology department provides services such as valvular heart diseases, coronary artery diseases, congenital heart diseases, hypertrophic cardiomyopathies, heart failure, and heart rhythm disorders, etc.
Kolan International Hospital, Istanbul
- Located in heart of Istanbul, Kolan International Hospital is a part of the Kolan Health Group.
- The group treats more than 1,000,000 patients annually.
- There are more than 3,000 staff members associated with Kolan group.
- It comprises 174 beds, 6 operating rooms and ICU with 58 beds.
- The hospital specializes in pediatric surgery, neurosurgery, plastic surgery, cardiology and vascular surgery.
- It is accredited with international health accreditation JCI confirming that the hospital meets high European service standards.
- The hospital provides translation services in Arabic, English, Russian, Azerbaijani and many more languages.
- The campus spans in an area of 20, 0000 square meters.
Medistanbul Hospital, Istanbul
- Located at the center of Istanbul’s transportation network of the European side, Medistanbul Hospital offers 24*7 medical needs meeting international standards.
- The staff follows the principle of ‘customer satisfaction and a multidisciplinary approach to serving its patients across the globe.
- The hospital along with its sub-branches has technical infrastructure and advanced medical technology.
- The hospital serves its patients with an active capacity of 100 beds.
Doctors for Mitral Valve Replacement in Turkey
Cardiac SurgeonProfessor, 32 years of experience
- Dr. Ata Kirilmaz is an Istanbul based Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiologist with 32+ years of experience in the field.
- He completed his graduation from GATA Military Medical Faculty, Ankara in 1989.
- He further completed his post-graduation with a specialization in Cardiac Electrophysiology from Case Western Reserve University (U.S.A.) in 1999 and earned the title of Electrophysiologist.
- He is well-versed with Electrocardiography, Solitary Papillary Muscle Hypertrophy, Ventricular Functions, Congenital heart surgeries and likewise.
- He has shared his medical knowledge through national and international journals and has even participated in numerous conferences across the globe.
Cardiac SurgeonChief, 34 years of experience
Prof. Dr. Halil Türkoglu is a Cardiac surgeon with 34+ years of experience. He is currently associated with Medipol University Hospital, Istanbul as Professor and Chief of Cardiovascular Surgery department.
He is a member of Ulusal Girişimsel Kardioloji Dergisi, Turkish Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Archieves of the Turkish Society of Cardiology and The Anatolian Journal of Cardiology. Dr. Türkoglu has various national and international publications under his name.
Dr. Türkoglu attained degree in Chest and Cardiovascular Surgery from Hacettepe University in 1979 followed medical qualification in Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgery in 2011. He completed medical training from Hacettepe University and Deutsches Herzzentrum, Berlin, Germany.
Cardiac SurgeonHead of Department, 27 years of experience
- Dr. Haldun Karagöz is a cardiovascular surgeon with 27+ years of experience.
- He has developed many unique techniques in the cardiac field.
- He graduated from Ankara University, Ankara in 1982 and completed his specialization training in Cardiovascular Surgery from Ankara University, Ankara in 1990.
- His areas of expertise include Angioplasty, Stent placement, Pacemakers and implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs), CABG, Heart valve repair or replacement, heart transplant, Carotid surgery and more.
- Dr. Haldun has many publications under his credit in national and international journals.
Mitral Valve Replacement Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Mitral Valve Replacement - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Mitral valve replacement surgery is being done to replace a poorly working mitral valve with an artificial valve. This surgery will help the blood flow through your heart and out of your body. In mitral valve replacement surgery the doctor will replace the poorly working mitral valve with an artificial valve.
Mitral valve replacement is needed only if the mitral valve is not working properly. Surgical repair of the mitral valve can be done. Some of the common conditions required for mitral valve replacement includes ischemic heart disease, infection of heart valves, heart failure and rheumatic fever.
When you prepare for surgery your doctor will decide which valve will be the best for you. Your surgeon will replace the valve with biological or mechanical valve. You should not eat or drink anything after midnight and before the surgery and avoid taking blood-thinning medicines.
During the Mitral Valve Replacement - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Some of the tests which you need to undergo before surgery includes chest x ray, ECG, blood tests, echocardiogram and coronary angiogram.
An incision is being made in the middle of your chest, to get access to your heart breast bone will be separated. Heart lung machine is being attached which acts as heart and lung during the procedure, then your surgeon will remove your current mitral heart valve and then replace it with a new valve. At last your breastbone will be stitched together.
After Mitral Valve Replacement - Most Frequently Asked Questions
After your mitral valve replacement you will be taken to the recovery room. You will immediately notice relief from symptoms. Tubes may be placed in your chest for breathing which can be uncomfortable. Bandages will be placed over the incision.
The risk of the surgery depends on your overall health, age and other factors. Some of the common risks of the procedure includes infection, bleeding, irregular heart rhythms, blood clots, anaesthesia complications, continuous leaking of valve. Some of the other risk of the procedure includes chronic illness, lung problems, obesity, infections, higher age
You will feel some soreness, but you shouldn’t feel severe pain. If you need it, you can ask for pain medicine.
You are required to stay in hospital for 5 days after surgery.
You should avoid lifting heavy objects for few weeks after surgery. Before going for any medical or dental procedure inform your doctor about it. Follow all the instructions given by your doctor to prevent infection.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Cardiac Surgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Mitral Valve Replacement
FAQ videos related to Mitral Valve Replacement
More searches related to Mitral Valve Replacement
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Mitral Valve Replacement in other countries, compared to Turkey?
Approximate price of Mitral Valve Replacement in other countries compared to Turkey is:
- India, USD 4960 to USD 7440, approximately 48% lower than Turkey
- Thailand, USD 8800 to USD 13200, approximately 8% lower than Turkey
- Germany, USD 32000 to USD 48000, approximately 233% higher than Turkey
- Israel, USD 27200 to USD 40800, approximately 183% higher than Turkey
- Singapore, USD 21600 to USD 32400, approximately 125% higher than Turkey
- Malaysia, USD 9920 to USD 14880, approximately 3% higher than Turkey