Meningioma Treatment Cost In United Arab EmiratesChat
What is Meningioma?
Meningioma is a non-cancerous tumour of the brain and spinal cord membrane.
There is a three-layer covering beneath the skull on the brain and spinal cord. When a tumour grows in these layers, it is called Meningioma.
It is primarily benign and shows signs and symptoms according to its size.
If the tumour is small and slow-growing, it might not need any intervention.
The sign and symptoms include -
- Changes in vision,
- Hearing loss
How is the Procedure Performed?
Many approaches are available for treating Meningioma based on the size and location of the tumour; a wait-and-watch approach is needed when the tumour is small in size and slow-growing.
If the tumour is giant and causing a lot of discomfort, then surgery, either craniotomy or microsurgery, is done to remove the tumour and cancer cells.
If some part of the cancer is left post-surgery, Radiation Therapy is needed by either SRS (Stereotactic Radiosurgery) or Fractional Radiosurgery.
Chemotherapy is rarely used in such cases; however, if the tumour is not responding to any other treatment, then chemotherapy is done.
Who is the Right Doctor for Meningioma Treatment?
The right doctor for treating Meningioma is a neurologist, head and neck surgeon, neurosurgeon, spine surgeon, and radiation oncologist.
What tests are required?
Meningioma is often challenging to diagnose as vague symptoms, and small size goes unnoticed. However, tests required for the diagnosis of Meningioma are -
- CT scans
- MRI (Magnetic resonance Imagining)
- In some cases, a biopsy may also be required.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
A ten-year survival rate for Meningioma is around 60%. It largely depends upon the patient's age and the nature of cancer.
In malignant cases, the survival rate dips to 50%.
The cost of Meningioma includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost may include [CT Scan or MRI of the brain]
Surgery cost (Depends upon the type and size of the tumour and the extent to which the tumour has spread)
Type of surgery [Craniotomy, Endoscopic Endonasal Surgery, Neuroendoscopic Surgery, or Spinal Surgery]
Post-Operative cost [there might be a need for Chemotherapy or Radiotherapy before or post-surgery]
Patient's hospital stay [can range from a few days to a couple of weeks]
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
The stage and type of cancer
Patients may require repeated investigation through PET CT and related tests Post-surgery / Chemotherapy / Radiation Therapy
Any additional tests may be required, such as ECG or blood tests
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident [may take longer duration in case of chemotherapy or radiotherapy sessions]
Help Us With Patient Details
Doctors for Meningioma Treatment in United Arab Emirates
NeurologistSenior Consultant, 34 years of experience
- Dr. Fadel Fouad Gendy has earned the reputation of a leading Neurosurgeon with his surgical and consultative practice spanning over 34 years.
- After his graduation from Cairo University he also earned his PG. He then earned his MD and PhD qualifications from Ein Shams University, Cairo. Dr. Gendy went on to achieve further training at Vienna University, Austria and New Jersey, the USA. He also received training in cervical spine surgery from Barcelona University in Spain and for microsurgery at Columbia University in New York.
- Dr. Gendy is a leading neurosurgeon who performs surgeries for brain tumour, spinal tumour, spinal fixation, spinal trauma and head trauma. He is a leading medical professional for minimally invasive spine surgeries, back and neck pain, congenital anomalies of the brain and spinal cord in children and disc herniation. He also treats disc diseases, stroke, epilepsy and brain hemorrhage.
- He has attended many national and international conferences and presented several papers.
NeurosurgeonConsultant, 15 years of experience
- Dr Shankar Ayyappan Kutty is an accomplished Neurosurgeon with more than 15 years of expertise.
- He holds the record for the most number of aneurysm surgeries in the world as per the Guinness Book of Records.
- Dr Shankar Ayyappan Kutty expertise is in skull base surgeries, pituitary tumours, brain tumours and spine surgeries.
- He is a member of the Asian Congress of Neurological Society, the Association of Surgeons of India, the Neurological Society of India and the Emirates Medical Association.
- Dr Shankar Ayyappan Kutty graduated from India with an MBBS, MS, MCh and DNB.
- He underwent advanced training at Keio University in Tokyo in skull base surgery.
Dr. Al Mutasim Bellah Khamees Etaiwi
NeurosurgeonSenior Consultant, 19 years of experience
- Dr. Al Mutasim Bellah Khamees Etaiwi is an accomplished UAE Neurosurgeon with +19 years of clinical experience.
- His area of interest is Lumbar laminectomy, Laminotomy, Laminoplasty, Microdiscectomy and Excision of spinal tumours, Cysts and more.
- Dr. Al Mutasim Bellah Khamees Etaiwi is a member of the Pan Arab Neurosurgical Society, the Saudi Association of Neurological Surgery and the Emirates Medical Association.
- He obtained MBBS from a prestigious university.
- He's got F.B.I.M.S. in Neurosurgery from Iraqi Board.
- Dr. Al Mutasim Bellah Khamees Etaiwi got an Arab Spine Course Diploma (ASCD).
Meningioma Treatment Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals