Meningioma Treatment Cost In South KoreaChat
What is Meningioma?
Meningioma is a non-cancerous tumour of the brain and spinal cord membrane.
There is a three-layer covering beneath the skull on the brain and spinal cord. When a tumour grows in these layers, it is called Meningioma.
It is primarily benign and shows signs and symptoms according to its size.
If the tumour is small and slow-growing, it might not need any intervention.
The sign and symptoms include -
- Changes in vision,
- Hearing loss
How is the Procedure Performed?
Many approaches are available for treating Meningioma based on the size and location of the tumour; a wait-and-watch approach is needed when the tumour is small in size and slow-growing.
If the tumour is giant and causing a lot of discomfort, then surgery, either craniotomy or microsurgery, is done to remove the tumour and cancer cells.
If some part of the cancer is left post-surgery, Radiation Therapy is needed by either SRS (Stereotactic Radiosurgery) or Fractional Radiosurgery.
Chemotherapy is rarely used in such cases; however, if the tumour is not responding to any other treatment, then chemotherapy is done.
Who is the Right Doctor for Meningioma Treatment?
The right doctor for treating Meningioma is a neurologist, head and neck surgeon, neurosurgeon, spine surgeon, and radiation oncologist.
What tests are required?
Meningioma is often challenging to diagnose as vague symptoms, and small size goes unnoticed. However, tests required for the diagnosis of Meningioma are -
- CT scans
- MRI (Magnetic resonance Imagining)
- In some cases, a biopsy may also be required.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
A ten-year survival rate for Meningioma is around 60%. It largely depends upon the patient's age and the nature of cancer.
In malignant cases, the survival rate dips to 50%.
The cost of Meningioma includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost may include [CT Scan or MRI of the brain]
Surgery cost (Depends upon the type and size of the tumour and the extent to which the tumour has spread)
Type of surgery [Craniotomy, Endoscopic Endonasal Surgery, Neuroendoscopic Surgery, or Spinal Surgery]
Post-Operative cost [there might be a need for Chemotherapy or Radiotherapy before or post-surgery]
Patient's hospital stay [can range from a few days to a couple of weeks]
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
The stage and type of cancer
Patients may require repeated investigation through PET CT and related tests Post-surgery / Chemotherapy / Radiation Therapy
Any additional tests may be required, such as ECG or blood tests
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident [may take longer duration in case of chemotherapy or radiotherapy sessions]
Top hospitals and doctors for Meningioma Treatment in South KoreaFilter
Showing 29 Hospitals and doctors for Meningioma Treatment in South Korea
- The Pusan National University Hospital (PNUH) was set up in 1956 under the South Korea's education policy to offer public health and to contribute to medical knowledge by carrying out research in dentistry, pharmacology, nursing science and medicine.
- PNUH is a leading super-speciality hospital with a capacity of +2,000 beds and +3,000 employees.
- It runs 20 speciality centres for heart disease and heart attack. It offers treatment of PET/CT and other diagnostic imaging services with the most-advanced medical equipment. It has 23 medical departments, eight dental departments and a subsidiary research institute. It also houses the Cancer center and the Trauma center.
- In 2013, it ranked first among the grade given for hospitals in Public Health and Medical Business Assessment. Some of its other accomplishments include, starting the Pusan Cancer Center in 2009, recognition by the Ministry of Health and Welfare in 2011, second rank for 'brand power' among general hospitals in 2012.
- The hospital houses a departmental store, a chemist shop and a cafeteria.
- Ever since its inception as a corporate in 1994, the medical staff at the hospital offers world-class client-centered services.
- The International Health Center of PNUH was set up to offer medical services to local foreign residents and services.
- The PNUH's Biobank is a depository of bioresources and is on course to become a dedicated bank for personalised diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular and colon cancer.
- Pusan National University – Yangsan Hospital (PNUYH) came into existence in 2008 as a multi-specialty hospital to treat gastroenterology, cardiovascular diseases, neurology and neurosurgery, minimally-invasive endoscopic surgery center and 23 other specialty clinics.
- The hospital is Korea's first and the only comprehensive complex in the world with a university hospital, a children's hospital, a dental hospital, a rehabilitation hospital, a Korean medicine hospital, a clinical trial center and a specialized disease center.
- The hospital is built on 231,000 sq. metres offers outstanding treatment owing to its expert medical staff, a medical information system, PACS, construction of treatment infrastructure and a logistics automation system.
- PNUYH has a bed capacity of +1,000 beds. It has 15 centers, 15 departments and eight clinics.
- It has the best organ transplant center in Korea. In 2009, it opened the Pusan Cancer Center.
- The PNUYH complex comprises Pusan National University Children's Hospital, the Pusan National University Dental Hospital and the Pusan National University Rehabilitation Hospital.
- The hospital offers one-room, two-room and family-room accomodation with basic essential facilities. The wards are comfortable, airy and well-lit.
- The complex comprises cafe, guesthouse, convenience stores, bakery, food court and an optical shop.
- In May 2010, PNUYH International Healthcare Center was set up to cater to international patients from Russia, China and Japan. It has bilingual-speaking staff and interpretation services. The center also offfers sustainable follow-up management based on patient conditions.
- The hospital has six health screening packages for adults and one specialised program for children.
- Inje University–Haeundae Paik Hospital is a super-specialty hospital that was opened to public in 2010 and is equipped with the most advanced equipment and latest medical technologies. In its first year of commencement, the hospital made significant progress, in that it carried out the first kidney transplant operation, carried out the first robotic surgery, opened a thyroid center and a Gamma Knife center. In 2014, it carried out Radiation Oncology Truebeam Operation. It also opened a nursing care ward in 2017, followed by the expansion of bronchoscopy room in 2018.
- In 2012, it was designated as an excellent hospital for tuberculosis control in Busan.
- The hospital has 44 departments, 15 special centers and clinics to offer treatments for various medical conditions. As of 2010, the bed capacity was +1,000.
- The hospital provides a one-stop service in specialised services for organ transplantation center, shock trauma center and robot surgical center.
- Some of the high-tech equipment in the hospital are 3-D movement analysis system, Radiation therapy equipment and the Da Vinci surgical system.
- The hospital is located in a cosmopolitan area and is fitted with a curtain wall and an individual heating system. The hospital is so designed as to incorporate plenty of nature's beauty into it. It is the first hospital in the world to have an entire floor of alkaline seaside hot springs. This makes the hospital stay for a patient truly salubrious.
- The hospital's International Health Care Center was set up to make healthcare available to even non-Koreans. The center has onboard doctors and nurses who are fluent in various foreign languages. The center considers international patients with Korean Health Insurance and accepts most foreign health insurance.
Doctors for Meningioma Treatment in South Korea
NeurosurgeonDirector, 35 years of experience
- Uhn Lee is a highly experienced Neurosurgeon with +35 years of experience in surgically treating Parkinson's, headache, epilepsy and tremor.
- Over his years of practice, Prof. Lee has held professional memberships of several Korean medical societies. Presently, he is the Special Director, Korean Neurosurgery Society for the Elderly and a member of the Korean Society for Degenerative Neurological Diseases. He is also the President of the Korean Neuromodulation Association.
- During 1974-80, he obtained his graduation degree in medicine from the Department of Medicine, Hanyang University College of Medicine. From 1981-87, he did his postgraduation and MD from Hanyang University Graduate School of Medicine.
- Between 1995-96, he underwent training at the Montreal Neuropathy Center affiliated with McGill University in Canada.
- Lee possesses expertise in surgically treating Parkinson's disease, epilepsy, headache and tremor.
- He has written in-depth articles for reputed journals.
Neurosurgeon, 30 years of experience
- Dr. Seung Heon Cha is a leading Neurosurgeon with +30 years of experience in performing brain tumour surgery and Gamma Knife radiosurgery.
- He is a professional member of the Korean Gamma Knife Radiation Athlete Association Steering Committee, Executive Director of Korean Brain Oncology Association and Director of the Korean Academy of Skull and Bottom Surgery.
- He holds a degree from the Pusan National University College of Medicine.
- His area of expertise includes performing brain tumour surgery and Gamma Knife radiosurgery.
- He has authored several research papers in his three-decade long career.
NeurosurgeonProfessor, 30 years of experience
- Dr. Hyeon Seon Park is a highly experienced and reputed Neurosurgeon with +30 years of experience in performing advanced neurological surgeries.
- After graduating from Yonsei University in 1985, Dr. Park completed his Master's in 1988 and MD in 1996.
- During his career, he was even associated with Standford Hospital Cyberknife Center as a Visiting Fellow for a year.
- Dr. Park is an expert neurosurgeon at treating cerebral aneurysm, cerebrovascular malformation, Moyamoya disease and performing cyberknife surgery.
- Dr. Park along with other neurosurgeons has co-authored scholarly research articles for reputed journals.
Meningioma Treatment Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Neurosurgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals