Meningioma Treatment Cost In GermanyChat
What is Meningioma?
Meningioma is a non-cancerous tumour of the brain and spinal cord membrane.
There is a three-layer covering beneath the skull on the brain and spinal cord. When a tumour grows in these layers, it is called Meningioma.
It is primarily benign and shows signs and symptoms according to its size.
If the tumour is small and slow-growing, it might not need any intervention.
The sign and symptoms include -
- Changes in vision,
- Hearing loss
How is the Procedure Performed?
Many approaches are available for treating Meningioma based on the size and location of the tumour; a wait-and-watch approach is needed when the tumour is small in size and slow-growing.
If the tumour is giant and causing a lot of discomfort, then surgery, either craniotomy or microsurgery, is done to remove the tumour and cancer cells.
If some part of the cancer is left post-surgery, Radiation Therapy is needed by either SRS (Stereotactic Radiosurgery) or Fractional Radiosurgery.
Chemotherapy is rarely used in such cases; however, if the tumour is not responding to any other treatment, then chemotherapy is done.
Who is the Right Doctor for Meningioma Treatment?
The right doctor for treating Meningioma is a neurologist, head and neck surgeon, neurosurgeon, spine surgeon, and radiation oncologist.
What tests are required?
Meningioma is often challenging to diagnose as vague symptoms, and small size goes unnoticed. However, tests required for the diagnosis of Meningioma are -
- CT scans
- MRI (Magnetic resonance Imagining)
- In some cases, a biopsy may also be required.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
A ten-year survival rate for Meningioma is around 60%. It largely depends upon the patient's age and the nature of cancer.
In malignant cases, the survival rate dips to 50%.
The cost of Meningioma includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost may include [CT Scan or MRI of the brain]
Surgery cost (Depends upon the type and size of the tumour and the extent to which the tumour has spread)
Type of surgery [Craniotomy, Endoscopic Endonasal Surgery, Neuroendoscopic Surgery, or Spinal Surgery]
Post-Operative cost [there might be a need for Chemotherapy or Radiotherapy before or post-surgery]
Patient's hospital stay [can range from a few days to a couple of weeks]
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
The stage and type of cancer
Patients may require repeated investigation through PET CT and related tests Post-surgery / Chemotherapy / Radiation Therapy
Any additional tests may be required, such as ECG or blood tests
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident [may take longer duration in case of chemotherapy or radiotherapy sessions]
Cost related to Meningioma Treatment in Germany
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Meningioma||USD 16200 to USD 19800|
Meningioma Treatment in Germany
Popular Cities in Germany for Meningioma Treatment are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Meningioma Treatment in GermanyFilter
Showing 32 Hospitals and doctors for Meningioma Treatment in Germany
University Hospital Heidelberg
- The University Hospital Heidelberg is one of the biggest medical centers in the Federal Republic of Germany. It is a part of Heidelberg University Medical School, which was founded in 1388, making it the oldest in Germany.
- The hospital operates nearly 1 million outpatients and 65,000 inpatients every year and is well-renowned for treating cancer.
- The Hospital works in partnership with various research institutes one of them being the German Cancer Research Center at the National Center for Tumor Diseases, registered on the American Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- The hospital specializes in diagnosing complex medical conditions and diseases and treating them using innovative technology to ensure optimal treatment with interdisciplinary cooperation.
- There are about 10,000 employees, including 1,600 professors and doctors working at the hospital, and the Chief Doctor of the hospital is the renowned Professor Guido Adler.
- The Heidelberg Curriculum Medicinale (HeiCuMed) is one of the leading medical training institutions in Germany, which at present teaches nearly 3700 physicians.
Meoclinic Hospital, Berlin
- Founded in 2000, Meoclinic Hospital is a multidisciplinary medical center and is part of MEOGROUP.
- The hospital is certified by the ISO 9001:2008 quality standard and meets the highest medical requirements of the European Union.
- Located in the center of Berlin, the hospital offers the highest level of medical services.
- The team of specialists provides high-quality assistance to every patient.
- Patients choose this hospital for neurology, plastic surgery, endocrinology, pediatric neurosurgery, obstetrics and gynecology.
- It has 5 narrow-focused centers – cardiology, radiology, phlebology, surgery and rehabilitation.
- The center has the latest equipment, including the newest devices of CT and MRI scan, Doppler ultrasonography, EEG and devices for conducting duplex 3D and 4D sonography.
- Spanned in an area of 4,500 square meters, it has 45 beds, including 6 intensive care beds, 3 inpatient and 1 outpatient operating theatres.
Doctors for Meningioma Treatment in Germany
NeurosurgeonConsultant, 15 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Volker Arnd Coenen is a Neurosurgeon in Freiburg, Germany with over 15+ years of experience.
- He is an active member of organizations such as the German Society for Neurosurgery (DGNC), European Association of Neurosurgical Societies (EANS), The Movement Disorders Society, German Society for Computer and Robot-Assisted Surgery (CURAC), European Society for Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery (ESSFN), World Society for Functional and Stereotactic Neurosurgery (WSFSN), etc.
- He completed graduation from Rheinisch Westfälische Technische Hochschule (RWTH) Aachen in 1992, and did two internships from Neurosurgical Clinic, University Hospital Aachen (Prof. Dr. med. JM Gilsbach) in 1999 and Clinic for Anaesthesiology, University Hospital Aachen, 6-month rotation, intensive care medicine (Prof. Dr. med. R. Rossaint) in 2000.
- He also has a Fellowship in "Functional and stereotactic neurosurgery" from the Surgical Center for Movement Disorders, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada in 2007.
- Dr. Coenen has special interests in dealing with Imaging assisted Deep Brain Stimulation, Spondylolisthesis, Hematoma, Brain contusions, Intracerebral bleed, Aneurysm, Brain tumors, Hypertensive bleed, etc.
- He has authored in national and international publications and also has presented in many national conferences.
NeurosurgeonHead of Department, 39 years of experience
- With 39+ years of experience, Prof. Dr. med. Rudolf Laumer is a neurosurgeon with the main interest in spinal diseases.
- His expertise includes Lumbar disc herniation, cervical disc herniation, Thoracic disc herniation, lumbar spinal stenosis, Cervical spinal stenosis, Spondylolisthesis, artificial intervertebral discs and spinal tumors.
- He is vice president of the professional association of German neurosurgeons BDNC and a member of the board of the German Society for Neurosurgery DGNC.
- Dr. Laumer did graduation and post-graduation from universities in Würzburg and Erlangen.
- He did specialist training in neurosurgery at the University of Erlangen, Erlangen.
- He is a member of the Neurosurgical Academy NCA, German Medical Association and North Rhine Medical Association, Düsseldorf.
NeurosurgeonChief, 35 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Med. Jürgen Kiwit is a neurosurgeon with 35+ years of experience.
- His areas of expertise include Kyphoplasty, Vertebroplasty, endoscopic intervertebral disc surgery, Neuronavigation for spinal and cranial surgery.
- He is a member of AANS (American Association of Neurological Surgeons), WFNS (World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies) and Mayo Alumni German Speaking League.
- Dr. Kiwit completed his graduation followed by post-graduation.
- He did his training in neurosurgery from prestigious hospitals in Germany.
- He has many publications under his name in both national and international journals.
Meningioma Treatment Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Neurosurgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Meningioma
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Meningioma in other countries, compared to Germany?
Approximate price of Meningioma in other countries compared to Germany is:
- India, USD 4000 to USD 6000, approximately 72% lower than Germany
- Turkey, USD 12000 to USD 18000, approximately 17% lower than Germany
- Thailand, USD 10800 to USD 16200, approximately 25% lower than Germany
- Malaysia, USD 8000 to USD 12000, approximately 44% lower than Germany