Lvad Cost In United Arab EmiratesChat
What is Lvad?
A Left Ventricular Assist Device, or LVAD, is a mechanical pump that is implanted inside a person's chest to help a weakened heart pump blood. Unlike a total artificial heart, the LVAD doesn't replace the heart.
How is the Procedure Performed?
The Left Ventricular Assist Device procedure involves the placement of a battery-operated, mechanical pump, which then helps the left ventricle (main pumping chamber of the heart) pump blood to the rest of the body.
Who is the Right Doctor for Lvad?
The right doctor to consult for left ventricular assist device placement is a Cardiac Surgeon.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The usual success rate varies between 71-82%.
Possible risks after LVAD may include Bleeding, Stroke, Infection, right heart dysfunction, etc.
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Lvad in United Arab EmiratesFilter
Showing 23 Hospitals and doctors for Lvad in United Arab Emirates
Life Care Hospital, Abu Dhabi
- Founded in 2007, LifeCare is a multispeciality hospital based in Abu Dhabi providing the highest level of medical excellence, it was established by Dr. Shamsheer Vayalil and is accredited by JCL(Joint Commission International).
- The hospital deals with different specialties such as cardiology, neurology, ENT, Pulmonology, Gastroenterology, Opthalmology, Gynecology, etc. The team comprises skilled general and specialty medical practitioners, nurses, technologists along with personnel having extensive experience.
- It is a 200 bedded Hospital and offers a different category of rooms depending on patient requirements such as Regular suites, VIP rooms, Private single rooms, Semi-Private Rooms, and Isolation Rooms.
- The healthcare institution has a team of over 5000 employees providing quality care to over 2 million people for 13 years and is well equipped with all the latest treatment modalities.
Zulekha Hospital LLC - Sharjah
- Zulekha Hospital Sharjah is part of the Zulekha Healthcare Group that provides easy access to high-quality healthcare.
- It is a multi-speciality hospital with specialities such as Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Cardiology, Plastic Surgery, General Surgery, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Urology, Gastroenterology, Dermatology, Physiotherapy etc.
- It has 32 medical and surgical departments and also offers various Packages such as Health Packages, Maternity Packages, Vaccination Packages, and Plastic Surgery Packages.
- It provides an innovative strategy during the pandemic called "Home Care Services" that offers medical expertise and care at the comfort of an individual's home to ensure health and happiness.
- It is a JCI re-accredited institution and got CAP accreditation in the year 2012.
- It implements the European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM) Excellence Model which led the Hospital to receive Dubai Quality Appreciation Award (DQAP) and Dubai Quality Award (DQA) for several years.
- It also received “The Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Business Excellence Award (MRM)” in 2016.
NMC Speciality Hospital, Abu Dhabi
- NMC Speciality Hospital, Abu Dhabi is a multi-speciality hospital providing the best and quality healthcare services to people in Abu Dhabi and its surrounding areas.
- It is part of NMC Healthcare which is the largest private healthcare company in the UAE and world-famous as a leading fertility service providers.
- With more than 32 specialities, this Hospital is also known for its Advanced Cancer Care and Weight loss programme.
- Its high standard quality and excellent patient service are accredited by the JCI. It is also accredited by the World Endoscopy Organisation (WEO), and the Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS).
- It has tie-ups with national and international insurance companies like the International SOS, Allianz insurance, Cigna etc to ensure easy and efficient billing services to patients.
- It is a member of the Dubai Health Experience and Abu Dhabi Medical Tourism.
- It is declared a COVID-19 free Hospital by the local authorities also ensuring to maintain all COVID care protocols at the same time.
- It has a dedicated international patient team that ensures smooth assistance from the moment of registration to post-operation follow-up.
Doctors for Lvad in United Arab Emirates
Cardiac SurgeonSenior Consultant, 22 years of experience
- Dr. Radwan Elhussein is an expert Cardio-Thoracic and Vascular Surgeon, having experience of more than 22 years.
- He has a special interest in performing procedures like Minimal invasive thoracic surgery, Surgery of chest – lungs – mediastinum VATS, Tumor/Ca lung surgery, Chest wall and trauma surgery, Mediastinal surgery and thymus surgery, Vascular and endovascular surgery, and Phlebology/venous surgery and sclerosing.
- Being an expert in Cardiac Surgery, he had also successfully treated Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis, Balloon Mitral Valvuloplasty, Radial Approach Angiography, Patent Ductus Artriosus Device Closure, Mitral/Heart Valve Replacement, Invasive Cardiac, Cardiac Pacing, Pediatric cardiac surgery, Aorta, etc.
- After completing his MBBS and MD from the University Aix Marseille, he also did MS from the French College.
- Dr. Radwan has numerous research papers to his credit. He has also attended conferences, seminars, and lectures where he got an opportunity to present his scientific works.
- He is proficient in speaking English, French, and Arabic.
Cardiac SurgeonVisiting Consultant, 38 years of experience
- Dr. Pradeep Nambiar is among the most experienced and skilled Cardiac Surgeons with a vast practice of +38 years.
- He holds professional memberships of the Association of Cardiothoracic Surgeons of India, the Society of Cardiothoracic Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland and the Maharashtra Medical Council among a few others.
- Dr. Pradeep Nambiar did his MBBS in 1988 from Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, followed by MS in 1991 from Army Hospital, New Delhi. In 1998, he earned a fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh and then the Royal College of Surgeons, Canada.
- He has the reputation of performing +7,000 successful cardiothoracic surgeries including +1,000 cardiac redo surgeries.
- Dr. Nambiar is the innovator of the Nambiar Technique of Coronary Bypass.
- He is an expert in MIS heart bypass, paediatric cardiac surgery, congenital heart surgery, heart valve surgery, MIDCAB surgery and coronary angioplasty.
Cardiac SurgeonSenior Consultant, 20 years of experience
- Dr Rafik Abu Samra is a recognised Cardiac Surgeon with over 20 years of expertise.
- He introduced the first unit of Robotic-Assisted Cardiac Surgery (using the Da Vinci system) in the UAE.
- His interest lies in conventional CABG, Endoscopic MIDCAB, minimal invasive MIDCAB Robotic-Assisted (Da Vinci System), and minimally invasive mitral and aortic valve repair and replacement.
- He is a member of the Polish Society of Cardio-Thoracic Surgeons, the European Association for Cardiothoracic Surgery, the International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiothoracic Surgery and the Emirates Medical Association.
- Dr Rafik Abu Samra completed a Doctor of Medicine Diploma in 1993 from the University of Silesia Katowice, Poland.
- He was awarded a General Surgery degree in 1997 and another degree in cardiac surgery in 2003.
- He obtained a PhD degree (2011) in cardiac surgery in Poland.
- Dr Rafik Abu Samra did the General Surgery Specialisation Exam (1998) & Cardiac Surgery Specialisation Exam (2003) in Poland.
Before Lvad - Most Frequently Asked Questions
LVAD is a mechanical pump that is placed in patient who have got heart failure.This device helps the bottom chamber of your heart for pumping out blood to the ventricle aorta and rest body part. Therefore, it is known as left ventricular assit device.
It cannot replaced your heart, it receives blood from the left ventricle and then deliver it to aorta. LVAD along with left ventricle pumps the blood.
Your doctor may recommend you LVAD when your left ventricle is damaged enough which affects its ability to pump blood, it can be a short term device to keep your heart pumping till you undergo heart transplant.
LVAD is permanent in some critically ill patient whose condition is not eliglible for them to undergo heart transplantation. It is also known as destination therapy.
The purpose of LVAD and pacemaker are different, LVAD helps the heart in pumping the blood effectively, while a pacemaker helps in correcting the irregular or slow heartbeat. Pacemaker generates electrical stimulation which regulated heart beat.
This device is not new, it was invented in 1962 and it was first time implanted in 1966 in a 37 years old patient.
Patients who cannot do any physical activity because of their cardiac disease, they are comfortable only when they are resting.
Yes, LVAD devices are now portable, you can return home with the LVAD and continue your normal activities while waiting for a heart to become available.
During the Lvad - Most Frequently Asked Questions
This device is implanted during open heart surgery, the pump unit is placed in the chest which is implanted by the surgeon into the apex of heart where it receives blood. A tube is used which delivers blood from aorta which works by pumping blood continuously from left ventricle to aorta. The pump is attached to cable and the controller, the cable passes from the device through the skin on your belly to controller and a small computer is placed outside your body. Controller provides you the message and alarm for helping your operating system.
Cardiac surgeon are specialized in placing LVAD.
It generally takes four to six hours and you'll be asleep during the procedure, so you shouldn't feel any pain during the procedure.
After Lvad - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Usually an average life of 5 and half year is seen with LVAD. Mostly 85% patients live one year after they get LVAD and 70-75% patients live for 2 years after LVAD. The maximum life of seven years is seen in a patient of LVAD.
No, you cannot swim with LVAD as it cannot be submerged. There is some hope that an fully implantable device will be made in future with which you can swim easily
Exercises has given multiple beneficial effects on heart failure patients which is expected to improve the quality of life.
Even though LVAD is said to be durable and reliable device its replacement is expected in some patients.
When LVAD fails it leads to bleeding, complications, thrombosis, ischaemic and haemorrhagic strokes, infection and organ failure.
Patient have to stay in hospital for 3-5 days after recovery, most patient remain in hospital for minimum 2 to 3 weeks.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals