Lvad Cost In ThailandChat
What is Lvad?
A Left Ventricular Assist Device, or LVAD, is a mechanical pump that is implanted inside a person's chest to help a weakened heart pump blood. Unlike a total artificial heart, the LVAD doesn't replace the heart.
How is the Procedure Performed?
The Left Ventricular Assist Device procedure involves the placement of a battery-operated, mechanical pump, which then helps the left ventricle (main pumping chamber of the heart) pump blood to the rest of the body.
Who is the Right Doctor for Lvad?
The right doctor to consult for left ventricular assist device placement is a Cardiac Surgeon.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The usual success rate varies between 71-82%.
Possible risks after LVAD may include Bleeding, Stroke, Infection, right heart dysfunction, etc.
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Lvad in ThailandFilter
Showing 40 Hospitals and doctors for Lvad in Thailand
- Established in 1972, the Bangkok Hospital is one of the first private hospitals in Thailand; it has now established its reputation as a tertiary care hospital dedicated especially to Cancer and Cardiology.
- It has Centres & Clinics committed to comprehensive treatment in different medical and surgical departments such as Cardiology, Cancer, Orthopaedics & Spine Surgery, Neurology & Neuroscience, Fertility, Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Dentistry, Geriatric, Gastroenterology, Liver, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, and ENT.
- It offers several Health Packages on Fertility, Plastic Surgery, Lasik Eye Surgery, Hip & Knee Surgery, Obesity, Vascular Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery and many more.
- It is equipped with the latest cutting-edge technologies some of which are - the 256-Slice Multi-Detector CT Scan, Cardiovascular MRI, the first Cartosound in Thailand, LINAC, the ARTIS Pheno machine, PET/CT Scan, and a New X-RAY Biplane Imaging (EOS).
- Having the ultimate "Hybrid Operating Room Full Function", enables the hospital to improve accuracy making it a leader in heart surgery.
- The Hospital has been awarded various accreditations by the Joint Commission International (JCI) in Programmes such as Traumatic Brain Injury, Total Knee Replacement, Acute Coronary Syndrome, Primary Stroke, Low Back Pain, Diabetes Type 2, Breast Cancer Conserving, and Heart Failure.
- It has also received the Hospital Accreditation of Thailand, Asian Hospital Management Award, Global Health Asia-Pacific Awards, and a Dual Medical Transport Accreditation i.e CAMTS USA and CAMTS GLOBAL.
- It provides International Medical Services for foreign patients by assisting them in language translations, special diets, accommodation, liaising with embassies or organisations, and free medical consultations via internet.
Bumrungrad International Hospital, Bangkok
- Established on 17 September 1980, the Bumrungrad International Hospital, Bangkok is a global pioneer in giving the best international standard healthcare services and one of the largest private multi-speciality hospitals in South East Asia with patients coming from over 190 countries annually.
- It is a one-stop healthcare destination for all types of patients with the ability to handle complex care needs.
- It practices a one-price policy for all patients regardless of whether they are local or international patients ensuring the principle value of "care for the people."
- It is a tertiary care hospital having over 45 Centres and Clinics namely, Arrhythmia Centre, Breast Centre, Bumrungrad Robotic Surgery Centre, Children's (Paediatric) Centre, Diagnostic Radiology & Nuclear Medicine, Digestive Disease (GI) Centre, Fertility Centre & IVF Clinic, Heart (Cardiology) Centre, Orthopaedic Centre, Plastic (Cosmetic) Surgery Centre, Spine Institute and many more.
- It is the only hospital in Thailand using next-generation sequencing (NGS) technology.
- It offers many Health Packages under various departments like Mammogram and Breast Ultrasound packages, Arthroscopic Knee Surgery Packages, and Heart Disease Screening packages to mention a few.
- Being a leader in innovative patient services and medical technologies, it utilises state-of-the-art technologies like CardioInsight, a non-invasive diagnostics technology for diagnosing heart arrhythmias - the only active centre in the Asia Pacific.
- It was also the first IBM Watson - a machine-learning AI for Oncology sites in the world, enabling doctors and specialists to analyse patients' data against traditional means by a quicker and most accurate treatment possible.
- The Bumrungrad Robotic Surgery Centre uses the MAKOplasty©, Mazor X and the da Vinci System having better consistency, accuracy, and faster recovery with less invasiveness in joint, spine, and cancer surgeries.
- It is the first private hospital in Thailand to be accredited by the Healthcare Accreditation Institute, the first private hospital in Thailand to be awarded the Thailand Quality Class Award for organizational excellence, the first hospital to receive the award for Excellence in Health Tourism, receives Advanced Hospital Accreditation by the Healthcare Accreditation Institute of Thailand, and the first hospital in Asia to accredited The College of American Pathologists.
- The Hospital is JCI accredited since 2002, the first hospital in Asia to be DNV GL MIR Certified for Infection Risk in 2017, and the first non-USA hospital to receive the Global Healthcare Accreditation with Excellence designation from GHA - a reflection of the highest international quality and safety standards for overseas patients going to the hospital for treatment and care.
- It was listed as the best hospitals in Thailand for 2 consecutive years and one of the top 150 hospitals in the world in 2022.
- It has over 200 interpreters for patients whose language of communication is not English.
Vejthani Hospital Bangkok, Thailand
- Vejthani Hospital, established in 1994, is one of the leading private international hospitals in Thailand that provides JCI-accredited quaternary health care services.
- Cutting-edge medical technologies, internationally trained specialists, world-class health care standards, and authentic Thai hospitality are their key competencies.
- The hospital serves over 300,000 patients from over 100 countries annually with over 200 inpatient beds.
- Providing a team of knowledgeable translators ensures they are able to communicate effectively in over 20 languages, aptly resolving issues regarding barriers to communication in healthcare.
- Over 300 specialists across multiple specialties at Vejthani Hospital provide a comprehensive range of quaternary medical services, including bone marrow transplant, total joint replacement surgery, kidney transplant, plastic surgery, dental, skin & laser treatment, spine surgery, and gastrointestinal disorder treatment.
- Vejthani Hospital has received one of the highest numbers of Clinical Care Program Certifications (CCPCs) from Joint Commission International (JCI) in the United States, which accredits top-tier hospitals that achieve the highest facilitation for patient safety.
- Vejthani Hospital’s clinical care programs for Diabetes Type II, Hepatitis B, Knee Replacement, and Lumbar Decompression and Fixation have received JCI CCPC.
- As two of the certified fields are subcategories of orthopedics, makes it is popular for patients to claim that the hospital patients gave the hospital the title ‘The King of Bones.
- Vejthani Hospital is the first hospital in the world to receive Hepatitis B CCPC and is the first in Southeast Asia to receive Lumbar Decompression and Fixation CCPC.
Doctors for Lvad in Thailand
Cardiac SurgeonConsultant, 40 years of experience
- Dr. Piyapan Pamornsing, a Cardiac Surgeon practising in Bangkok for over 40 years.
- He provides services of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery, Cardiac Surgery, Endovascular Treatment, Vascular Surgery and Surgical Emergency.
- He is a member of the Thai Medical Council.
- Dr. Piyapan Pamornsing has completed MD (1981) and Thoracic Surgery (1987) from Chulalongkorn University, Thailand.
- Dr. Piyapan Pamornsing is well-versed in Thai and English.
Cardiac SurgeonConsultant, 42 years of experience
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Kittichai Luengtaviboon is one of the most reputed Cardiothoracic Surgeons having 42 years of rich experience in his field.
- His areas of specialization are Aorta Surgery, Aortic Aneurysm, Heart and Lung surgery, etc.
- After completing his MD from Chulalongkorn University, Thailand, in 1980, he did a Diploma of the Thai Board of Surgery in 1986 and a Diploma of the Thai Board of Cardiothoracic Surgery in 1988.
- He also gained Fellowship in Cardiovascular Surgery from Baylor College of Medicine, U.S.A, in 1991, Fellowships in Honorary Registrar in Cardio Vascular Surgery from Harefield Hospital, U.K., Clinical Fellowship in Cardiovascular Surgery from Baylor College of Medicine, U.S.A., and Clinical Fellowship in Cardiovascular Surgery from Texas Heart Institute, U.S.A.
- He speaks English and Thai.
Cardiac SurgeonConsultant, 32 years of experience
- Dr. Chaiwut Yottasurodom is a well-known Cardiothoracic Surgeon in Bangkok, Thailand.
- He holds 32 years of experience in heart and lung surgery.
- He completed his MD Faculty of Medicine from Prince of Songkla University, Thailand, in 1990.
- He also did a Diploma of The Thai Board of Cardiothoracic Surgery in 1996.
- He aims to provide the best medical services to every patient.
Before Lvad - Most Frequently Asked Questions
LVAD is a mechanical pump that is placed in patient who have got heart failure.This device helps the bottom chamber of your heart for pumping out blood to the ventricle aorta and rest body part. Therefore, it is known as left ventricular assit device.
It cannot replaced your heart, it receives blood from the left ventricle and then deliver it to aorta. LVAD along with left ventricle pumps the blood.
Your doctor may recommend you LVAD when your left ventricle is damaged enough which affects its ability to pump blood, it can be a short term device to keep your heart pumping till you undergo heart transplant.
LVAD is permanent in some critically ill patient whose condition is not eliglible for them to undergo heart transplantation. It is also known as destination therapy.
The purpose of LVAD and pacemaker are different, LVAD helps the heart in pumping the blood effectively, while a pacemaker helps in correcting the irregular or slow heartbeat. Pacemaker generates electrical stimulation which regulated heart beat.
This device is not new, it was invented in 1962 and it was first time implanted in 1966 in a 37 years old patient.
Patients who cannot do any physical activity because of their cardiac disease, they are comfortable only when they are resting.
Yes, LVAD devices are now portable, you can return home with the LVAD and continue your normal activities while waiting for a heart to become available.
During the Lvad - Most Frequently Asked Questions
This device is implanted during open heart surgery, the pump unit is placed in the chest which is implanted by the surgeon into the apex of heart where it receives blood. A tube is used which delivers blood from aorta which works by pumping blood continuously from left ventricle to aorta. The pump is attached to cable and the controller, the cable passes from the device through the skin on your belly to controller and a small computer is placed outside your body. Controller provides you the message and alarm for helping your operating system.
Cardiac surgeon are specialized in placing LVAD.
It generally takes four to six hours and you'll be asleep during the procedure, so you shouldn't feel any pain during the procedure.
After Lvad - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Usually an average life of 5 and half year is seen with LVAD. Mostly 85% patients live one year after they get LVAD and 70-75% patients live for 2 years after LVAD. The maximum life of seven years is seen in a patient of LVAD.
No, you cannot swim with LVAD as it cannot be submerged. There is some hope that an fully implantable device will be made in future with which you can swim easily
Exercises has given multiple beneficial effects on heart failure patients which is expected to improve the quality of life.
Even though LVAD is said to be durable and reliable device its replacement is expected in some patients.
When LVAD fails it leads to bleeding, complications, thrombosis, ischaemic and haemorrhagic strokes, infection and organ failure.
Patient have to stay in hospital for 3-5 days after recovery, most patient remain in hospital for minimum 2 to 3 weeks.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals