Lutetium 177 Psma Cost In United Arab EmiratesChat
What is Lutetium 177 Psma?
Lutetium-177–PSMA is a radiotherapy that targets prostate cancer cells (while limiting most normal tissues) using imaging to confirm radionuclide binding. Prostate-specific membrane antigen (PSMA) is highly expressed in prostate cancer cells. High PSMA expression has been independently associated with reduced survival.
Lu-177-PSMA therapy is associated with reduced pain and low toxicity in patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer progression after standard therapy.
How is the Procedure Performed?
First, Lu PSMA is applied by slow intravenous injection (30–60 sec) followed by a sterile 0.9% sodium chloride flush.
Then, to attach itself to the PSMA receptors on the cancer cells, the radiation based-treatment utilizes a molecule. By targeting the molecules of PSMA, the radiation-focused treatment by Lu becomes very precise as the Lu molecule binds with the PSMA.
Lu-177 emits beta radiation that effectively damages cancer cells and, over time, destroys them.
Who is the Right Doctor for Lutetium 177 Psma?
An Oncologist is the right doctor to perform this procedure.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
30-70% of men were reported with > 50% reduction in serum PSA levels after the procedure.
The cost of Lutetium 177-PSMA includes:
- Cost of procedure, medication costs, and administration costs
- Number of follow-up sessions
- Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
- Complications, if they occur (Dry mouth, tiredness, a brief decline in the production of blood cells, etc.)
- Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Lutetium 177 Psma in United Arab Emirates
Popular Cities in United-arab-emirates for Lutetium 177 Psma are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Lutetium 177 Psma in United Arab EmiratesFilter
Showing 25 Hospitals and doctors for Lutetium 177 Psma in United Arab Emirates
NMC Speciality Hospital, Al Nadah
- NMC Speciality Hospital, Al Nadah is part of NMC Healthcare which is the largest private healthcare company in the UAE and is one of the leading fertility service providers in the world.
- Being a multi-speciality hospital it aims to provide the best healthcare facility and services to the people of Dubai and the Northern Emirates.
- It has 52 specialities including Orthopaedic, Spine and Joint Surgery, Advance & Minimally Invasive Surgery, Ayurveda, Podiatry, Lactation Services, Speech Therapy etc.
- The Hospital has a well-equipped laboratory and state of the art equipment.
- The hospital serves as the referral centre of choice for smaller medical centres and clinics in Dubai and surrounding areas.
- The in-house pharmacy is open 24 hours every day of the week and Specialist doctors are available for consultation and treatment round-the-clock.
- NMC Healthcare has won several awards and recognitions such as Gold Stevie Award 2016, Superbrands 2016-2017, Sheikh Khalifa Excellence Award 2016-2017 to name a few.
- It has an International patients Centre that is a dedicated team of internationally trained and certified medical experts, assisted by trained nurses and paramedics who are known for their high-standard and quality care.
- It has tie-ups with international health insurances such as Allianz, Henner, Inter mutuelles Assistance, Deutsche Assistance etc.
- It is a member of Dubai Health Experience.
- It is accredited by JCI and the Asian Society of Hernia Surgery.
Al Zahra Hospital, Dubai
- Al Zahra Hospital, Dubai is one of the pioneering healthcare providers that serves both national and international patients with personalised and evidence-based medical care.
- It is a multispecialty hospital with JCI accreditations. It is also CAP Accredited.
- The physicians are highly-skilled with board certification and accreditation and from different parts of the globe.
- It provides a high standard medical and surgical treatment with state-of-the-art technologies to ensure patients receive world-class care and exceptional comfort.
- It is a choice of destination for people from the GCC, North and West Africa, China and some European countries for preventive, tertiary, and secondary healthcare needs.
- Some of its numerous achievements and awards include Service Olympian Awards, 2017 Stevie Silver Winner on International Business, 2018 Winner of Annual Health Magazine Awards.
- It is a member of the Dubai Health Experience.
- It has a partnership with insurance agencies like NOW Health International, NEXT Care, NAS, Mednet etc
Doctors for Lutetium 177 Psma in United Arab Emirates
Radiation OncologistConsultant, 16 years of experience
- With 16+ years of experience, Dr. Sai Babu Jonnada is one of the best Radiation Oncologists in UAE.
- Dr. Sai specializes in chemotherapy, immunotherapy and biological therapies.
- He is a member of the General Medical Council, the Royal College of Physicians, the Royal College of Radiologists, the British Uro-Oncology Group, the British Sarcoma Group, the European Society of Therapeutic Radiation Oncology, the Indian Medical Council and the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
- Dr. Sai has several international publications, essays, and presentations to his name.
- He has done MBBS (2002) from the prestigious college of India.
- Dr. Sai later did M.Sc. (Oncology, 2014) from the Institute of cancer research, London.
- He did a fellowship from the Royal College of Radiologists (FRCR), UK (2014).
- He has a Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) in Clinical Oncology, UK (2015).
- Dr. Sai is well-versed in Hindi and English.
Dr. Ibrahim Husni Mohd Abugheida
Radiation OncologistConsultant, 10 years of experience
- Dr. Ibrahim Husni Mohd Abugheida is a well-respected Radiation Oncologist possessing more than 10 years of experience.
- He holds expertise in treating disorders related to the breast, gastrointestinal, genitourinary, thoracic, CNS tumors, and benign & functional diseases.
- After completing his MD in 2012, he acquired residency in Internal Medicine and Radiation Oncology at the American university of Beirut Medical Center where he joined as a Chief Resident in 2017.
- In 2018, he achieved his clinical fellowship in the advanced radiation oncology department from Cleveland Clinic Ohio, USA followed by his second clinical fellowship in advanced radiation oncology from the University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Huston, Texas, USA.
- He is professionally affiliated with the VPS/Burjeel Hospital Institutional Review Board (IRB) Committee, the American Society of Radiation Oncology, and the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
- He is a licensed physician to treat malignant, benign, or functional diseases that require radiation therapy.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals