Lutetium 177 Psma Cost In TurkeyChat
What is Lutetium 177 Psma?
Lutetium-177–PSMA is a radiotherapy that targets prostate cancer cells (while limiting most normal tissues) using imaging to confirm radionuclide binding. Prostate-specific membrane antigen (PSMA) is highly expressed in prostate cancer cells. High PSMA expression has been independently associated with reduced survival.
Lu-177-PSMA therapy is associated with reduced pain and low toxicity in patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer progression after standard therapy.
How is the Procedure Performed?
First, Lu PSMA is applied by slow intravenous injection (30–60 sec) followed by a sterile 0.9% sodium chloride flush.
Then, to attach itself to the PSMA receptors on the cancer cells, the radiation based-treatment utilizes a molecule. By targeting the molecules of PSMA, the radiation-focused treatment by Lu becomes very precise as the Lu molecule binds with the PSMA.
Lu-177 emits beta radiation that effectively damages cancer cells and, over time, destroys them.
Who is the Right Doctor for Lutetium 177 Psma?
An Oncologist is the right doctor to perform this procedure.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
30-70% of men were reported with > 50% reduction in serum PSA levels after the procedure.
The cost of Lutetium 177-PSMA includes:
- Cost of procedure, medication costs, and administration costs
- Number of follow-up sessions
- Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
- Complications, if they occur (Dry mouth, tiredness, a brief decline in the production of blood cells, etc.)
- Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Lutetium 177 Psma in Turkey
Popular Cities in Turkey for Lutetium 177 Psma are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Lutetium 177 Psma in TurkeyFilter
Showing 17 Hospitals and doctors for Lutetium 177 Psma in Turkey
Medical Park Group, İstanbul
Medical Park is one of the largest hospital groups in Turkey having renowned Onco-surgeons & medical oncologists.
The hospital group gained the name of ''center of excellence'' for providing exceptional medical care to the patients.
Prof. Dr. Moshe Inbar is one of the renowned oncologists with 40+ years of experience associated with the Medical Park group.
He has expertise in the treatment of breast cancer, gastrointestinal cancer, and urologic cancer.
Medical Park, Istanbul is the first-ever private oncology center established in Turkey.
The Oncology center at Medical Park, Istanbul are exclusive as Medical oncology & Pediatric Oncology.
There is an entirely separate section for academics and research, which continuously strives to search for new technologies and methods for better treatment options.
The services that are offered by them include Radiotherapy (Linac, Hipec), Tomotherapy, Truebeam STx, Gamma Knife, etc.
In the case of metastasis, surgeons recommend therapeutic approaches such as chemotherapy, biological therapy, or hormone therapies for efficient treatment.
American Hospital, Istanbul
For 70 years a team of dynamic physical engineers, radiation oncologists, nurses, and radiotherapy technicians has been working towards eliminating cancer.
Established as the first international satellite clinic and considered one of the largest cancer centers in the world.
It is acknowledged worldwide for their treatment plan with the patient's high chances of survival.
Well equipped with world-class technologies and follows advanced imaging techniques for better diagnosis.
Services offered by them include Intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT), Image-guided radiotherapy (IGRT), Volumetric modulated arc therapy (VMAT), Breathhold 4 D treatments (ABC device), Stereotactic treatments (SRS and SRT), Brachytherapy., Total body irradiation, etc.
Anadolu Medical Center, Kocaeli, Istanbul
Founded in 2005, Anadolu Health Center is located in Gebze district of Turkey. It is affiliated with Johns Hopkins Hospital in the United States, which is the number one medical center in the USA. The hospital has outpatient clinics in Istanbul at Ataşehir.
Anadolu Medical Center is accredited with JCI (Joint Commission International), OECI, ISO (18001, 14001 and 9001) certifications, OHSAS 18001 and ESMO (European Society for Medical Oncology).
The hospital covers a wide range of services, including neurological sciences, cardiovascular health, oncology, gynecology and IVF, diagnosis, and imaging. There are nine oncology departments, including Oncology Diagnosis, Surgical Oncology, Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Hematologic Oncology and Onco-cardiology.
The hospital provides airport pick up and drop facility, visa assistance and translator for French, English, Spanish, Russian, Persian and German. Language assistance is free of charge for international patients. The hospital examines medical reports in English and Russian language.
Doctors for Lutetium 177 Psma in Turkey
Radiation OncologistProfessor, 30 years of experience
- Dr. Enis Ozyar is a prominent Radiation Oncologist with over 30 years of rich experience.
- His clinical interests are Brachytherapy, Stereotactic body radiation, Gynaecological malignancies, and Head and Neck tumours.
- He is a member of the Turkish Medical Association, the European Society of Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology, the American Society of Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology, the Balkan Union of Oncology, the Turkish Oncology Association, and the Turkish Cancer Research and Control Institution.
- Dr. Enis Ozyar gained his MBBS (1985) from Ankara University.
- He did his specialization in Radiation Oncology (1993) at Hacettepe University.
- Dr. Enis Ozyar is the author of several publications and articles.
Radiation OncologistProfessor, 32 years of experience
- Dr. Ilan Gil Ron is a well-known Radiation Oncologist in Turkey.
- After completing his medical school, Dr.Ilan Gil Ron started his higher education at the Ben-Gurion University of the Negev followed by 'Oncology' specialization in Tel Aviv University.
- Dr. Ilan Gil Ron has also received a degree in Master of Public Health from New York.
- He holds more than 32 years of experience in his field of specialization.
- He has studied the treatment of GIT cancer (esophagus, stomach, intestines, liver, pancreas) from the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York.
- He has also upgraded his qualification in the field of short-distant radiation therapy from the Cookridge Hospital, UK.
- He has more than 80 scientific medical publications to his credit.
- He is associated with various international medical associations including ISCORT- Israeli Society for Clinical Oncology and Radiation Therapy, ASTRO - American Society for Radiation Oncology, ASCO - American Society of Clinical Oncology, The New York Academy of Sciences, and National & international forums in melanoma and breast cancer.
Radiation OncologistProfessor, 29 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Saim Yılmaz is a renowned Interventional Radiologist at Medical Park Hospital, Antalya.
- Prof. Dr. Saim Yılmaz specializes in uterine fibroids, thyroid nodule, varicocele, breast cancer, liver cancer, thyroid cancer, prostate cancer, venous malformation.
- Prof. Dr. Saim Yılmaz completed his medical education from Istanbul Medical Faculty in 1985 followed by ‘Specialty’ in Radiology from Akdeniz University Faculty of Medicine.
- Prof. Dr. Saim Yılmaz participated in more than 100 congresses and symposiums in Turkey as well as abroad.
- Prof. Dr. Saim Yılmaz has written more than 700 articles and received more than 600 citations to these articles.
- Prof. Dr. Saim Yılmaz presented more than 100 congress papers in the field of Interventional Radiology.
- Prof. Dr. Saim Yılmaz has been invited to deliver 4 courses in different years in European Radiology Congress and European Interventional Radiology Congress.
- In 2011, Prof. Dr. Saim Yılmaz focused on Interventional Oncology and applied new therapies to destroy tumors by means of heating, cooling or angiography. His expertise also lies in cryoablation and nano knife treatments.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals