Lutetium 177 Psma Cost In ThailandChat
What is Lutetium 177 Psma?
Lutetium-177–PSMA is a radiotherapy that targets prostate cancer cells (while limiting most normal tissues) using imaging to confirm radionuclide binding. Prostate-specific membrane antigen (PSMA) is highly expressed in prostate cancer cells. High PSMA expression has been independently associated with reduced survival.
Lu-177-PSMA therapy is associated with reduced pain and low toxicity in patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer progression after standard therapy.
How is the Procedure Performed?
First, Lu PSMA is applied by slow intravenous injection (30–60 sec) followed by a sterile 0.9% sodium chloride flush.
Then, to attach itself to the PSMA receptors on the cancer cells, the radiation based-treatment utilizes a molecule. By targeting the molecules of PSMA, the radiation-focused treatment by Lu becomes very precise as the Lu molecule binds with the PSMA.
Lu-177 emits beta radiation that effectively damages cancer cells and, over time, destroys them.
Who is the Right Doctor for Lutetium 177 Psma?
An Oncologist is the right doctor to perform this procedure.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
30-70% of men were reported with > 50% reduction in serum PSA levels after the procedure.
The cost of Lutetium 177-PSMA includes:
- Cost of procedure, medication costs, and administration costs
- Number of follow-up sessions
- Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
- Complications, if they occur (Dry mouth, tiredness, a brief decline in the production of blood cells, etc.)
- Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Lutetium 177 Psma in ThailandFilter
Showing 40 Hospitals and doctors for Lutetium 177 Psma in Thailand
- Established in 1972, the Bangkok Hospital is one of the first private hospitals in Thailand; it has now established its reputation as a tertiary care hospital dedicated especially to Cancer and Cardiology.
- It has Centres & Clinics committed to comprehensive treatment in different medical and surgical departments such as Cardiology, Cancer, Orthopaedics & Spine Surgery, Neurology & Neuroscience, Fertility, Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Dentistry, Geriatric, Gastroenterology, Liver, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, and ENT.
- It offers several Health Packages on Fertility, Plastic Surgery, Lasik Eye Surgery, Hip & Knee Surgery, Obesity, Vascular Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery and many more.
- It is equipped with the latest cutting-edge technologies some of which are - the 256-Slice Multi-Detector CT Scan, Cardiovascular MRI, the first Cartosound in Thailand, LINAC, the ARTIS Pheno machine, PET/CT Scan, and a New X-RAY Biplane Imaging (EOS).
- Having the ultimate "Hybrid Operating Room Full Function", enables the hospital to improve accuracy making it a leader in heart surgery.
- The Hospital has been awarded various accreditations by the Joint Commission International (JCI) in Programmes such as Traumatic Brain Injury, Total Knee Replacement, Acute Coronary Syndrome, Primary Stroke, Low Back Pain, Diabetes Type 2, Breast Cancer Conserving, and Heart Failure.
- It has also received the Hospital Accreditation of Thailand, Asian Hospital Management Award, Global Health Asia-Pacific Awards, and a Dual Medical Transport Accreditation i.e CAMTS USA and CAMTS GLOBAL.
- It provides International Medical Services for foreign patients by assisting them in language translations, special diets, accommodation, liaising with embassies or organisations, and free medical consultations via internet.
Bumrungrad International Hospital, Bangkok
- Established on 17 September 1980, the Bumrungrad International Hospital, Bangkok is a global pioneer in giving the best international standard healthcare services and one of the largest private multi-speciality hospitals in South East Asia with patients coming from over 190 countries annually.
- It is a one-stop healthcare destination for all types of patients with the ability to handle complex care needs.
- It practices a one-price policy for all patients regardless of whether they are local or international patients ensuring the principle value of "care for the people."
- It is a tertiary care hospital having over 45 Centres and Clinics namely, Arrhythmia Centre, Breast Centre, Bumrungrad Robotic Surgery Centre, Children's (Paediatric) Centre, Diagnostic Radiology & Nuclear Medicine, Digestive Disease (GI) Centre, Fertility Centre & IVF Clinic, Heart (Cardiology) Centre, Orthopaedic Centre, Plastic (Cosmetic) Surgery Centre, Spine Institute and many more.
- It is the only hospital in Thailand using next-generation sequencing (NGS) technology.
- It offers many Health Packages under various departments like Mammogram and Breast Ultrasound packages, Arthroscopic Knee Surgery Packages, and Heart Disease Screening packages to mention a few.
- Being a leader in innovative patient services and medical technologies, it utilises state-of-the-art technologies like CardioInsight, a non-invasive diagnostics technology for diagnosing heart arrhythmias - the only active centre in the Asia Pacific.
- It was also the first IBM Watson - a machine-learning AI for Oncology sites in the world, enabling doctors and specialists to analyse patients' data against traditional means by a quicker and most accurate treatment possible.
- The Bumrungrad Robotic Surgery Centre uses the MAKOplasty©, Mazor X and the da Vinci System having better consistency, accuracy, and faster recovery with less invasiveness in joint, spine, and cancer surgeries.
- It is the first private hospital in Thailand to be accredited by the Healthcare Accreditation Institute, the first private hospital in Thailand to be awarded the Thailand Quality Class Award for organizational excellence, the first hospital to receive the award for Excellence in Health Tourism, receives Advanced Hospital Accreditation by the Healthcare Accreditation Institute of Thailand, and the first hospital in Asia to accredited The College of American Pathologists.
- The Hospital is JCI accredited since 2002, the first hospital in Asia to be DNV GL MIR Certified for Infection Risk in 2017, and the first non-USA hospital to receive the Global Healthcare Accreditation with Excellence designation from GHA - a reflection of the highest international quality and safety standards for overseas patients going to the hospital for treatment and care.
- It was listed as the best hospitals in Thailand for 2 consecutive years and one of the top 150 hospitals in the world in 2022.
- It has over 200 interpreters for patients whose language of communication is not English.
Vejthani Hospital Bangkok, Thailand
- Vejthani Hospital, established in 1994, is one of the leading private international hospitals in Thailand that provides JCI-accredited quaternary health care services.
- Cutting-edge medical technologies, internationally trained specialists, world-class health care standards, and authentic Thai hospitality are their key competencies.
- The hospital serves over 300,000 patients from over 100 countries annually with over 200 inpatient beds.
- Providing a team of knowledgeable translators ensures they are able to communicate effectively in over 20 languages, aptly resolving issues regarding barriers to communication in healthcare.
- Over 300 specialists across multiple specialties at Vejthani Hospital provide a comprehensive range of quaternary medical services, including bone marrow transplant, total joint replacement surgery, kidney transplant, plastic surgery, dental, skin & laser treatment, spine surgery, and gastrointestinal disorder treatment.
- Vejthani Hospital has received one of the highest numbers of Clinical Care Program Certifications (CCPCs) from Joint Commission International (JCI) in the United States, which accredits top-tier hospitals that achieve the highest facilitation for patient safety.
- Vejthani Hospital’s clinical care programs for Diabetes Type II, Hepatitis B, Knee Replacement, and Lumbar Decompression and Fixation have received JCI CCPC.
- As two of the certified fields are subcategories of orthopedics, makes it is popular for patients to claim that the hospital patients gave the hospital the title ‘The King of Bones.
- Vejthani Hospital is the first hospital in the world to receive Hepatitis B CCPC and is the first in Southeast Asia to receive Lumbar Decompression and Fixation CCPC.
Doctors for Lutetium 177 Psma in Thailand
Dr. Prasert Lertsanguansinchai
Radiation OncologistConsultant, 40 years of experience
- Dr. Prasert Lertsanguansinchai is an accomplished Thai Radiation Oncologist with over 40 years of expertise.
- He specializes in Radiotherapy and Nuclear Medicine.
- He is a member of the Thai Medical Council and the Thai Board of Radiotherapy and Nuclear Medicine.
- Dr. Prasert Lertsanguansinchai has completed an MD (1981) from Chulalongkorn University, Thailand.
- He studied Radiotherapy and Nuclear Medicine (1986) at Chulalongkorn University, Thailand.
- Dr. Prasert Lertsanguansinchai is well-versed in English, Chinese and Thai.
Radiation OncologistConsultant, 35 years of experience
- Dr. Apichart Panichevaluk is a well-known Radiation Oncologist having 35 years of experience.
- His areas of expertise are Interstitial Brachytherapy and IMRT (Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy).
- He completed his M.D., Faculty of Medicine from RTRMF Makati Medical Center, Philippines, in 1987.
- After that, he did a Diploma of the Thai Board of Radiation Oncology, in 1990 and special training in Microselectron HDR Brachytherapy from the University Medical Center, Utrecht, Netherland, in 2000.
- He also did a Diploma of the Thai Board of Family Medicine in 2003.
- He is fluent in English and Thai.
Radiation OncologistConsultant, 35 years of experience
- Dr. Sakpisid Nawasiri is a Radiation Oncologist in Thailand.
- In his 35 years of medical expertise, he has a specialty in general radiology, radiotherapy, and oncology.
- He is a member of the Thai Medical Council and the Thai Board of Radiation Oncology.
- Dr. Sakpisid Nawasiri has completed an MD (1983) from Ramathibodi Hospital, Thailand.
- He studied Radiotherapy and Oncology (1988) at Chulalongkorn University, Thailand.
- Dr. Sakpisid Nawasiri is well-versed in English, Chinese and Thai.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals